Talk About Marriage banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
But you assumed that because there mail ballots were being handled by so many in the USPS that this was a problem. I am suggesting that you are accusing these workers of mail fraud.

Yes, election fraud is serious, but so is mail fraud. Do you have evidence that mail personnel are committing mail fraud?
I didn't accuse the mail carriers of anything. But hey, lets pretend there was never a mailman found with boxes of mail in his basement that he didn't feel like delivering. Lets even pretend there has never been a problem with boxes of absentee ballots found after the counting was done. I am not saying there is any large scale fraud but stuff happens all the time around the country. Lets take Al Frankens victory where some counties had more votes than registered voters.

I'm actually accusing the state of gross incompetence through a series of personal connections that led to a settlement that didn't pass the sniff test. That settlement resulted in 60,000 voter registrations mailed to bad addresses. The potential is if someone had but 2 + 2 together these registrations could have been intercepted and then used to cast votes.

·
Premium Member
24,400 Posts
I didn't accuse the mail carriers of anything. But hey, lets pretend there was never a mailman found with boxes of mail in his basement that he didn't feel like delivering. Lets even pretend there has never been a problem with boxes of absentee ballots found after the counting was done. I am not saying there is any large scale fraud but stuff happens all the time around the country. Lets take Al Frankens victory where some counties had more votes than registered voters.

I'm actually accusing the state of gross incompetence through a series of personal connections that led to a settlement that didn't pass the sniff test. That settlement resulted in 60,000 voter registrations mailed to bad addresses. The potential is if someone had but 2 + 2 together these registrations could have been intercepted and then used to cast votes.
And, we could apply the same logic to the occasional ballot stuffer. So, hypotheticals do nothing for me.

Democracy works best if we have more eligible voters involved in the process. Making the process easier for those eligible to vote, we win as a nation.

Since, elections are run by states and not the federal government, it is up to the state on how to set its standards and protocols to protect the process but also get the most involvement.

·
Registered
681 Posts
To receive a ballot, one has to be registered to vote. No registration, no ballot. If you do not have a permanent address, you may pick your ballot up with suitable ID at the county clerks office.

The difference being that no one gets sent a ballot who did not at least register. That ballot is then signed by you and the signature validated against your registration card.

This is the more likely problem here, which is to disenfranchise voters who bypass the normal return mechanism for their ballot. I see this as no different than not showing up at your polling station to vote - if you want your vote counted, make sure you properly deliver it to an official drop box or the post office.

Ya, that wasn't good but should be pretty easy to fix.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Democracy works best if we have more eligible voters involved in the process. Making the process easier for those eligible to vote, we win as a nation.
I agree, if and only if the eligible voters are in fact eligible voters.

Reactions: karole and OnTheFly

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Hey, remember that video of Biden yucking it up about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired?

And remember how it was explained away by TDS sufferers as NOT being quid pro quo? When it was exactly that.

Well, there's an audio of a phone call available now too, that supports the original accusation of Quid Pro Joe.

hmmmm.....I wonder who the DNC are going to replace Biden with?????

Not that it matters, with a working principle of ''vote blue, no matter who'' amongst the Dem voter base.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Expect another impeachment hoax under the guise of another whistleblower against Barr (and maybe Trump).

Schiff is already ramping up the process. Despite his reputation being in tatters, the MSM will beat the drums as per usual.

Everything done is to protect Biden and the Obama clan from being further investigated.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Expect another impeachment hoax under the guise of another whistleblower against Barr (and maybe Trump).

Schiff is already ramping up the process. Despite his reputation being in tatters, the MSM will beat the drums as per usual.

Everything done is to protect Biden and the Obama clan from being further investigated.
What are y'all doing to get rid of the pedophile up in your neck of the woods? Just curious what the tone is like there.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
What are y'all doing to get rid of the pedophile up in your neck of the woods? Just curious what the tone is like there.
Come again? lol

Gotta admit, I barely follow Canadian news. The garbage that spews from CBC, CTV and Global News is rage inducing, so I stay centred by watching the US stuff!

201 - 215 of 215 Posts