Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was just reading another thread here (the 'no turn down sex policy') and someone wrote that the spouse wasn't into at first, but then they had amazing sex. It got me wondering, how do you define, 'amazing sex.'

Three kids and 30 years later (started dating at 16) I don't think I've ever had amazing sex and I want it. Does it mean that I orgasm once? twice? more? is it a screaming orgasm? hit the g-spot (tried a few times but haven't found it yet)? how long does foreplay last? is it mutual foreplay? is it when your spouse is awesome at oral sex? how long does actual sex last? do you have sex a few times? a few different positions? is it kissing each other up and down the body? how long does the whole amazing sex session last? is it toys? games? vibrators?

What makes sex so amazing? Tell me! Tell me!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Interesting question.

It's not easy to define. I'm thinking along the lines of sex where you become so focussed on what you're doing and what to do next to eke out that much more pleasure that absolutely everything else in the world disappears. Sex where if your house caved in around you while you were going at it you wouldn't realize it until your were done.

5,148 Posts
It is amazing when you both start out with lots of energy, and when finished, you are both worn out, sweaty, out of breath, and "spent". ;)

I also think it is amazing when I can get my wife into several different positions in one session instead of the old, tired missionary position from start to finish...

Our "vacation sex" is quite amazing...must be the change of setting and stress free atmosphere. :smthumbup:

Reactions: waiwera

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I can't think or speak straight for about 5 minutes afterwards.

When I get up to go to the bathroom and I walk like I would fail a sobriety test.... :D

But really, when I'm able to let go of any inhibitions, enjoy the moment, and nothing else really matters except that moment. Then afterwards, I'm relaxed content to just lay there and not move, those are the times I think "that was amazing".

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
is amazing sex anomalous? like what % of the time do people who have amazing sex have amazing sex?

it's like a bell curve I think

imagine you have sex 100 times

I'd say 10 times it's amazing
10 times it's blah
the remaining 80 times falls in the good to very good range

(in relative terms)

·
Banned
620 Posts
I would say it's more like 2-5% of the time.....at least thats my opinion.

I think amazing sex, I think broken furniture, pulled muscles, spankbank material, tell your friends & neighbors etc......

that kind of sex is pretty rare

probably more like 1-3% of the time

·
Registered
158 Posts
is amazing sex anomalous? like what % of the time do people who have amazing sex have amazing sex?
I can't give a specific number.... I would say I have a great and satisfying sex life and that amazing sex comes around every so often.

It's really hard to say what exactly makes it amazing, it could be that we tried a new location, good be the type if O I had, how much energy we had etc...

For me though,the more emotional connection I have with my h, the better it is for me regardless of how wild or tame the session was.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Good sex for me is when the both of us are very intuned to each others physical needs and wants, and we satisfy them without speaking a word. You know where and how the other person wants to be kissed or touched. When my whole body starts shaking as I approach orgasm.

I always feel like I'm hung over after a good session. Does it happen every time, nah....probably like 80 per cent of the time though.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Three kids and 30 years later (started dating at 16) I don't think I've ever had amazing sex and I want it. Does it mean that I orgasm once? twice? more? is it a screaming orgasm? hit the g-spot (tried a few times but haven't found it yet)? how long does foreplay last? is it mutual foreplay? is it when your spouse is awesome at oral sex? how long does actual sex last? do you have sex a few times? a few different positions? is it kissing each other up and down the body? how long does the whole amazing sex session last? is it toys? games? vibrators?
It can be none of that. It can be all of that. The specifics don't matter.

I'm the one who mentioned "amazing" sex in the other thread. For us it's amazing when we're both feeling extremely connected to one another. It's an intangible feeling that takes good sex, no matter the specifics of that sex, and bumps it up to amazing sex. She's turned on, I'm turned on, our chemistry is explosive, and we're totally in-tune with enjoying whatever sexual act we are committed to.

Think about your favorite meal. The one that is always good, no matter when you have it. Now aren't there a few times when you have that dish, and for whatever reason, it just tastes even better to you than normal? That's amazing sex for us.

And just as it's tough to have an amazing experience with your favorite food if you don't already have a favorite food, it's going to be tough to have an amazing sexual experience if sex, in general, isn't already very good to you.

5,148 Posts
My wife sometimes says that she was on another planet after I gave her an orgasm orally....and she slowly comes back to earth while her breathing comes back to normal...would "interplanetary travel" count as amazing sex? ;) just checking...

Also, if you have to completely change the sheets on the bed...just to go to sleep, it was probably pretty good sex. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
620 Posts
My wife sometimes says that she was on another planet after I gave her an orgasm orally....and she slowly comes back to earth while her breathing comes back to normal...would "interplanetary travel" count as amazing sex? ;) just checking...

Also, if you have to completely change the sheets on the bed...just to go to sleep, it was probably pretty good sex. :rolleyes:
true dat

or when you have chapped lips the next day, and the phrase glazed donut comes to mind

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.