Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubs likes the bikini area bare so I try to keep it that way but I have sensitive skin and have issues with rash. I use a wet/dry shaver and sometimes a razor. I'm afraid to wax myself and am not up for having someone else do it. What can I do for the rashes? I've tried the creams and baby powder, nothing works. Will my skin toughen up eventually?

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
exfoliate, clean the area with witch hazel often (dilute with water, spray it on an leave it to air dry), and avoid touching the area when you don't have to in order to prevent oils and bacteria from your hands getting into the pores causing inflamation. And use natural antibacterial moisturizers like Aloe Vera, but don't overmoisturize, use sparingly.

Consider lazer treatments (even though it requires several treatments with a technician it can be permanent).

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Lon..... Its a bit weird how you know that.... Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: delirium and Lon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hubs likes the bikini area bare so I try to keep it that way but I have sensitive skin and have issues with rash. I use a wet/dry shaver and sometimes a razor. I'm afraid to wax myself and am not up for having someone else do it. What can I do for the rashes? I've tried the creams and baby powder, nothing works. Will my skin toughen up eventually?
Are you using shaving cream? The only time I get razor burn is when I don't use shaving cream.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Don't scrimp on razors there truly is a huge difference.
^^^This,

Use a new razor , everytime, and don't shave against the natural grain.
Aloe Vera shaving gel helps reduce it also.
My wife uses fresh aloe, after shaving and she no longer gets the razor burn.[ we have aloe plants ]

I know you ladies might be thinking , how does he know?

Well, because she has asked me to do it for her quite a few times , just for the fun of it. ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Someone recommended Coochy Cream that you can get on Amazon. Love it!! I get ingrowns if I wax, and horrible razor burn. I never get razor burn if I use coochy cream. It is a cream, not a foamy shave cream.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I am stuck with the rash for now. I will try shaving differently next time. It was pretty itchy yesterday so at bedtime I just put on one of Dh's tshirts and let the area air out and used a cortisone cream on the worst of it. Its not so bad today.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Someone recommended Coochy Cream that you can get on Amazon. Love it!! I get ingrowns if I wax, and horrible razor burn. I never get razor burn if I use coochy cream. It is a cream, not a foamy shave cream.
I've used that in the past on my face. I found moisturizing conditioner has most of the same ingredients ands works just as well.

Not to mention it is a heck of a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Pubic hair has a job to do

In my mother's generation, they used to douche till they wised up about the health risks. Douching fact sheet | womenshealth.gov

Women of your mother's generation do not shave their pubic area and we get along fine without it, never had any of the discomfort and problems described on the thread.

Why would you want to deal with that- make yourself so uncomfortable and put yourself at risk for infections?

·
Registered
10,214 Posts

In my mother's generation, they used to douche till they wised up about the health risks. Douching fact sheet | womenshealth.gov

Women of your mother's generation do not shave their pubic area and we get along fine without it, never had any of the discomfort and problems described on the thread.

Why would you want to deal with that- make yourself so uncomfortable and put yourself at risk for infections?
Interesting article.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Re: Re: Dealing With Bikini Razor Burn

New sensations.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Because pubes are ugly, dirty and smelly? Yuck. Just like shaving the armpits, its for aesthetics.
I disagree about this, and as for armpit hair on a woman, I may be unique in this, but it really has never bothered me much, especially otherwise attractive women - in fact if it's not completely smooth (ie waxed or lasered off), I'd prefer hair because stubbly armpits repulse me more than anything.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lady,

I've got no advice for dealing with your current 'pains', but in the future you may want to try Nair Shower Power.

Apply it like a lotion before getting into the shower. Then wash it and the hair away in the shower. No razor burn...no expensive laser...

I use one whole bottle to get arm pits, legs and in-between. I personally prefer this to possible razor nick. I'd cry and never shave again. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.