Talk About Marriage banner
241 - 260 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
I’m thinking break & this thread is really driving that decision home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Or you could spill and maybe get some neutral opinions. ? Or did I already scare ya? I took OLD serious for like 30 days and that was just it for me. Then I started with the "I guess I have to swipe right on something" so I did, and I got women that just did not jingle my bell.

I will freely admit that I am insane picky......which is why I am building my life to remain single. I don't mean to discourage. Others have more optimism than I do.

But I will guarantee you this, if you shared some stuff, I can probably help, or at least offer an honest opinion.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I have not been on online dating since 2005! I met 2nd husband that way though. It was the same crap as now back then. I'm glad I went the normal way about 6 months ago. Mutual friends hooked us up. I used to hate that when I was divorced the first time (my firends always wanted me to date their brother, or uncle, cousin, etc. ). I prefer the old way than OLD to be honest.

When I wanted to take the plunge to OLD again...Covid stopped me!

Reactions: TXTrini

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Just some OLD typical one liners I know by heart on women's profiles.

1. Just seeing what is out there. (Hasn't even taken the ring off yet, but shopping asap)
2. Not interested in hook ups. (rarely the case. Some to the point of forceful)
3. Love working out (just started 1mo ago, lost 5lbs, now I am active)
4. Love to travel (looking for man to take me on vacas every weekend)
5. Recently lost some weight (usually a LOT and did not create any sustainable habits)
6. Love the outdoors (as long as an AC is 20 steps away)
7. Church going (either just started or total bible beater. Either way, you chose OLD??)

Notes.
1. If first pic is not of her, but of her pet, etc, you will be swiping left.
2. Top shelf catches are NOT on OLD. they don't need to be.
3. Read between the lines in the profile or via DMs and there is usually issues. Daddy, family, etc.
4. Women foolishly use their first name, making them easy to find their social profiles. Helps me a TON. target avoided.
5. They will turn over every rock of the Inet once you give any personal info. Do NOT do that!
6. If they try to drag you home after 1hr of meeting, that is what they are really doing on OLD.
7. If they are truly a 'catch', there is zero shot. Hundreds of DMs and she will pick Brad every time. You can bet your mom's house on it.
Correct on all. I also hate when they have obvious cleavage pics, bikini pics, or pics on the bed, but then goes on to describe how they are not looking for sex. What kind of comments do they think those pics will attract?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Correct on all. I also hate when they have obvious cleavage pics, bikini pics, or pics on the bed, but then goes on to describe how they are not looking for sex. What kind of comments do they think those pics will attract?
Sounds like you're looking at scammers or barflys, brah. I don't know any decent woman who puts revealing pics on her profile if she's looking for a relationship.

I might be wrong, I wasn't looking for women. However, while I included full-body pics, I was well covered, precisely to avoid thirsty men.

How about skipped past those women?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Sounds like you're looking at scammers or barflys, brah. I don't know any decent woman who puts revealing pics on her profile if she's looking for a relationship.

I might be wrong, I wasn't looking for women. However, while I included full-body pics, I was well covered, precisely to avoid thirsty men.

How about skipped past those women?
Spit it sister. I don’t even have a photo of myself with makeup on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,641 Posts
🍿🍿🍿😎
Just some OLD typical one liners I know by heart on women's profiles.

1. Just seeing what is out there. (Hasn't even taken the ring off yet, but shopping asap)
2. Not interested in hook ups. (rarely the case. Some to the point of forceful)
3. Love working out (just started 1mo ago, lost 5lbs, now I am active)
4. Love to travel (looking for man to take me on vacas every weekend)
5. Recently lost some weight (usually a LOT and did not create any sustainable habits)
6. Love the outdoors (as long as an AC is 20 steps away)
7. Church going (either just started or total bible beater. Either way, you chose OLD??)

Notes.
1. If first pic is not of her, but of her pet, etc, you will be swiping left.
2. Top shelf catches are NOT on OLD. they don't need to be.
3. Read between the lines in the profile or via DMs and there is usually issues. Daddy, family, etc.
4. Women foolishly use their first name, making them easy to find their social profiles. Helps me a TON. target avoided.
5. They will turn over every rock of the Inet once you give any personal info. Do NOT do that!
6. If they try to drag you home after 1hr of meeting, that is what they are really doing on OLD.
7. If they are truly a 'catch', there is zero shot. Hundreds of DMs and she will pick Brad every time. You can bet your mom's house on it.
No 7, why can't church goers do OLD? God is perfectly capable of using the internet ;)
Notes no 2, wrong, my husband is a top catch and we met on OLD. Sometimes you need to use OLD if you are wanting someone from a small minority, IE of a certain faith. In fact I know quite a few really top notch people who met on OLD:)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
No 7, why can't church goers do OLD? God is perfectly capable of using the internet ;)
Notes no 2, wrong, my husband is a top catch and we met on OLD. Sometimes you need to use OLD if you are wanting someone from a small minority, IE of a certain faith. In fact I know quite a few really top notch people who met on OLD:)
How long ago were you OLD? What site was used?

I used three different ones in 2005. I can't even really remember the names, but they were the 3 more popular at the time. Eharmony is the only one that still exists.LOL

·
Registered
818 Posts
As for finding a minority or even a majority, I find OLD to be completely worthless. People flat out lie. I don't get into body shaming but I do only consider more athletic types. On some you can select that, which narrows the field substantially. So then you try "average" and you learn they are ALL average! obesity is average today!

And I also find it ridiculous to not be able to select a race. I don't consider that racism at all! Some people are only attracted to certain races. But I am sure some Karen would complain.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
It was pretty nasty in 2005, hence why I was on three. It was the same ole recycled peeps over and over. I thought there were lots of fish in the sea? I thought wrong. LOL

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
It was pretty nasty in 2005, hence why I was on three. It was the same ole recycled peeps over and over. I thought there were lots of fish in the sea? I thought wrong. LOL
Some have evolved and become land dwellers!

·
Registered
12,641 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Can anyone recommend a dating site where the people are more normal, or are they all the same? If I have to read one more woman who is “adventurous” and loves the outdoors, kayaking, hiking, and loves to laugh, I may puke. Lol.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Can anyone recommend a dating site where the people are more normal, or are they all the same? If I have to read one more woman who is “adventurous” and loves the outdoors, kayaking, hiking, and loves to laugh, I may puke. Lol.
I was on eHarmony and Match.

EHarmony was "slower", if you will. Fewer matches overall, but they mostly seemed fairly compatible. And none of the "hey, girl! hey!" messages from randoms clogging up my in-box. I had a several months-long relationship with a lovely man I met on eHarmony.

Match resulted in more matches and moved "faster". But I also encountered more creeps, rage-aholics and guys looking for NSA hookups, plus a really unfortunate number of random **** pics in my in-box. So much so that, even with very selective filtering, I eventually just moved to incognito mode where the only guys who could even see my profile were ones I'd reached out to first. But I did eventually meet my now-husband on Match.

Reactions: southbound

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
I was looking at this and thought "that's pretty much what I'd say I was looking for". No one will ever accuse me of being "normal" but these seem fairly common interests for one sort of personality. (of course lots of other people enjoy different sets of things).

241 - 260 of 295 Posts