Talk About Marriage banner
221 - 240 of 295 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
As for states as a destination, I've been to DC (yes, I know it's not a state but it's close), Maryland, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, Florida, and California. I drove through several more on the way somewhere else or by accident and California and Ohio were business travel / relocation. I kind of consider myself to be a homebody and would never consider putting travel on a profile.

I spend as much time trying to identify potential deal breakers for others in myself as I do "selling myself". Something like, "I have some potential deal breakers. With perfect posture I'm 5'5". This doesn't bother me but you might want to know. I have speech pattern that resembles a stutter. It has been how I speak for as long as I remember. I don't drink. I don't have a strong aversion to others drinking but I wouldn't want it to interfere with doing other things. I have my teenage children at least half the time so time is somewhat limited and their mom is someone I actively co-parent with."

That wasn't a copy/paste but just off the top of my head caveats in any profile I create.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
As for states as a destination, I've been to DC (yes, I know it's not a state but it's close), Maryland, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, Florida, and California. I drove through several more on the way somewhere else or by accident and California and Ohio were business travel / relocation. I kind of consider myself to be a homebody and would never consider putting travel on a profile.

I spend as much time trying to identify potential deal breakers for others in myself as I do "selling myself". Something like, "I have some potential deal breakers. With perfect posture I'm 5'5". This doesn't bother me but you might want to know. I have speech pattern that resembles a stutter. It has been how I speak for as long as I remember. I don't drink. I don't have a strong aversion to others drinking but I wouldn't want it to interfere with doing other things. I have my teenage children at least half the time so time is somewhat limited and their mom is someone I actively co-parent with."

That wasn't a copy/paste but just off the top of my head caveats in any profile I create.
I like that you put in there that you can co-parent with your ex. I think that’s important. It’s a benefit you have to others. Unfortunately, I won’t have that benefit moving forward.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I just read an article online listing things we might not know about Americans. It said a lot of Americans are homebody’s, and 54% have traveled to less than 10 states, which means a lot of us aren’t big on travel.

I guess that means only travelers get on dating sites, because it’s full of them.
So where are all these hotfoot heifers coming from?

I'm a nomadic homebody. 😂

To satisfy a goal, I'll go out and about. But just to enjoy or entertain doesn't motivate me.

Finding a compatible person? I think they'd have to live as I do.

And I might have written this before, but I think the activity level often depends where you live.

When I was on the west coast, the people around me were literally always moving. It made my head numb. They were skiing, biking, rafting, hiking. No matter the season, it was constant.
Hmm... are you and southbound in the same dating age group? ;)

Where you at ?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

That's a really good thing to do. I did the same, but I didn't write my dealbreakers on my profile. However, I reviewed profiles with my dealbreakers in mind.

I'm also a homebody, though I have traveled a lot in the past and lived in different countries. I have no desire to globetrot (unless it's a few specific places I want to go) so I certainly did NOT want to date a traveler.

I agree with RedbuildingMe, that co-parent titbit will win you brownie points. No one wants to deal with a super-*****y ex.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Just some OLD typical one liners I know by heart on women's profiles.

1. Just seeing what is out there. (Hasn't even taken the ring off yet, but shopping asap)
2. Not interested in hook ups. (rarely the case. Some to the point of forceful)
3. Love working out (just started 1mo ago, lost 5lbs, now I am active)
4. Love to travel (looking for man to take me on vacas every weekend)
5. Recently lost some weight (usually a LOT and did not create any sustainable habits)
6. Love the outdoors (as long as an AC is 20 steps away)
7. Church going (either just started or total bible beater. Either way, you chose OLD??)

Notes.
1. If first pic is not of her, but of her pet, etc, you will be swiping left.
2. Top shelf catches are NOT on OLD. they don't need to be.
3. Read between the lines in the profile or via DMs and there is usually issues. Daddy, family, etc.
4. Women foolishly use their first name, making them easy to find their social profiles. Helps me a TON. target avoided.
5. They will turn over every rock of the Inet once you give any personal info. Do NOT do that!
6. If they try to drag you home after 1hr of meeting, that is what they are really doing on OLD.
7. If they are truly a 'catch', there is zero shot. Hundreds of DMs and she will pick Brad every time. You can bet your mom's house on it.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts

1. Just seeing what is out there. (Hasn't even taken the ring off yet, but shopping asap)
5. Recently lost some weight (usually a LOT and did not create any sustainable habits)
7. Church going (either just started or total bible beater. Either way, you chose OLD??)

Notes.
3. Read between the lines in the profile or via DMs and there is usually issues. Daddy, family, etc.
4. Women foolishly use their first name, making them easy to find their social profiles. Helps me a TON. target avoided.
5. They will turn over every rock of the Inet once you give any personal info. Do NOT do that!
6. If they try to drag you home after 1hr of meeting, that is what they are really doing on OLD.
7. If they are truly a 'catch', there is zero shot. Hundreds of DMs and she will pick Brad every time. You can bet your mom's house on it.
whew …my profile passes the test! Woot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

Notes.
You forgot “my kids are my world”. Hard swipe left!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
OMFG!!!! I totally did!!!! That is a HUGE one! There are just so many to remember!!!! lmao....

the meaning (I will always chose my kids over you. You are a bank account to me)
You will be prioritized behind my kids, my parents, my siblings, my friends and my pets. You’re lucky to be #14 on my list.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I reckon…I’m about to shut it down again. I can only take it for so long. Feels like My OCD is just nocking out notifications at this point

I don't blame you. I couldn't deal with the number of notifications in my brief stint, so I went invisible and only responded to mutual likes. Maybe that might help you out? Otherwise, maybe you just need a break.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I don't blame you. I couldn't deal with the number of notifications in my brief stint, so I went invisible and only responded to mutual likes. Maybe that might help you out? Otherwise, maybe you just need a break.
I’m thinking break & this thread is really driving that decision home.

221 - 240 of 295 Posts