Talk About Marriage banner
201 - 220 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
@Lila - So the guy didn't want a smoker of cigarettes, but he was puffing on a stogie regularly. Okay. Got it. And from that photo he looks paunchy.

I can understand cutting through the bs, but that ass clown sounds like a loser right from the get-go. Full of himself. (Which signals to me an insecure person lurking underneath the false bravado.)

I, too, am a veteran of the online dating wars. Gawd. I went out with a few - and a few I just emailed - who were first-class jerks. And a lot of these guys are just looking for FWB or a wham-bam-thank-you ma'am kinda evening.

Reactions: Lila and TXTrini

·
Registered
10,581 Posts
Complement versus compliment.

Reactions: Rowan

·
Registered
10,581 Posts
Proof read. Get a stylish shirt that fits and flatters. His shirt is way too big for him.

Try reading the content of the message in a Hugh Grant voice, even though I’m not a fan, and in the style of About A Boy. It kind of suits it.

Maybe the message represents the guy well, and hence, works in your favor @Lila

Reactions: Rowan and Lila

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I’ve read the female version, except women always try to stress how they aren’t looking for sex. Apparently dating sites are only for women who don’t like sex.

·
Premium Member
5,999 Posts
@Lila - So the guy didn't want a smoker of cigarettes, but he was puffing on a stogie regularly. Okay. Got it. And from that photo he looks paunchy.

I can understand cutting through the bs, but that ass clown sounds like a loser right from the get-go. Full of himself. (Which signals to me an insecure person lurking underneath the false bravado.)

I, too, am a veteran of the online dating wars. Gawd. I went out with a few - and a few I just emailed - who were first-class jerks. And a lot of these guys are just looking for FWB or a wham-bam-thank-you ma'am kinda evening.
I laughed when I read his manifesto. It's obviously a cut and paste that he must send to every woman. The strange thing is that he was not the first to send me that kind of message so it must work for some.

Personally, I'll take the 'hi' over the manifesto.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I’ve read the female version, except women always try to stress how they aren’t looking for sex. Apparently dating sites are only for women who don’t like sex.
Yes, when I was on OLD, if the woman mentioned anything about sex in her profile (usually it was along the lines that I’m not looking for quick sex or hookup) I immediately swiped left. I mean, if you go out of your way to mention you’re not looking for sex in your initial profile, how interested are you in sex? Probably not much and probably a lame lay that would cost you $100’s just to find out how lame.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yes, when I was on OLD, if the woman mentioned anything about sex in her profile (usually it was along the lines that I’m not looking for quick sex or hookup) I immediately swiped left. I mean, if you go out of your way to mention you’re not looking for sex in your initial profile, how interested are you in sex? Probably not much and probably a lame lay that would cost you $100’s just to find out how lame.
I've heard the phrase "I usually don't do this..." enough times to ignore lines like that. Now if there were other things in her profile that are red flags to add to that I'd move on.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I've heard the phrase "I usually don't do this..." enough times to ignore lines like that. Now if there were other things in her profile that are red flags to add to that I'd move on.
Yes, another classic one. Like it’s the first time they’ve made a profile and then you read they’ve been divorced for 8 years, lol.

·
Banned
2,275 Posts
I’ve never used a dating site but what gets me is, people are so disingenuous or over the top. All the adventurous types with the rock climbing, canoeing photos. Or the ‘my kid is my life’ stuff from the women. Well duh. As they should be! We know that. Who are you trying to convince?

Like everyone out there is wanting a rock climbing seaweed eating athlete that never sits still, that you have to keep up with.

Where’s all the regular people? The unstuffy hoity toities.

”I like to sit on my ass when I can get away with it, and drink beer until I think I can sing. I like to cook, eat deliciously, laugh hysterically at unfunny crude jokes, listen to metal on repeat, and have wild monkey sex more often than not. Bring your handcuffs. Vegans need not apply. 420 friendly. Holla!

^ Where’s that guy?

See... if a guy wasn’t on his profile in his dockers talking about his 7 figure salary and how his mint condition blah blah Sting-ray needs washed, maybe he would find a more down to earth woman that wouldn’t tire of ****ing him, or expect him to treat her like a princess while she spends all his dough.

I just realized where the first guy is. 🤔 He’s out there BEING ABOUT IT instead of on some dating site talking about it.

·
Super Moderator
12,412 Posts
I feel bad for the ladies who get that manifesto with that photo and they’re like yep... Sad.

Manifesto.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: ccpowerslave

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
”I like to sit on my ass when I can get away with it, and drink beer until I think I can sing. I like to cook, eat deliciously, laugh hysterically at unfunny crude jokes, listen to metal on repeat, and have wild monkey sex more often than not. Bring your handcuffs. Vegans need not apply. 420 friendly. Holla!
This would be me except I work out before all that.

·
Premium Member
5,999 Posts
Where’s all the regular people? The unstuffy hoity toities.

^ Where’s that guy?
I know you said you've never used online dating. Word of advice. If you ever do, keep the bolded line out of your profile. Men's brain won't let them focus on any other word except "sex". The fact that you use adjectives like "wild monkey" to describe your preferences will have every Tom, Richard, and Harry believing you're Uber/Lyft of sex.

Eta:. You're in box will get flooded with messages. You'll have to weed through so much garbage that it's not worth it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Good call C.C. --- if a guy has a mint condition Sting-ray then he's likely a talker/watcher and not much of a do-er / driver. There's too damn many 63 to 67 aged and basically retired from the "living" ones sitting around not being used and enjoyed as they should be so it figures they treat/do their women the same. It's the all in one Stingray guys that are still in the drivers seat that you want. :) ;)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
I just read an article online listing things we might not know about Americans. It said a lot of Americans are homebody’s, and 54% have traveled to less than 10 states, which means a lot of us aren’t big on travel.

I guess that means only travelers get on dating sites, because it’s full of them.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
I just read an article online listing things we might not know about Americans. It said a lot of Americans are homebody’s, and 54% have traveled to less than 10 states, which means a lot of us aren’t big on travel.

I guess that means only travelers get on dating sites, because it’s full of them.
Hmm... I barely cleared the 10 state barrier. I think my wife has over 40 though.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts

I'm a nomadic homebody. 😂

To satisfy a goal, I'll go out and about. But just to enjoy or entertain doesn't motivate me.

Finding a compatible person? I think they'd have to live as I do.

And I might have written this before, but I think the activity level often depends where you live.

When I was on the west coast, the people around me were literally always moving. It made my head numb. They were skiing, biking, rafting, hiking. No matter the season, it was constant.

201 - 220 of 295 Posts