Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
20,125 Posts
After my long first marriage very traumatically ended it was 4 years before I felt emotionally ready to think of dating again. Even then it was just very occasionally until I met my now husband 2 years later.
I do think that many jump far too soon into dating again and then wonder why it's not working out.

· Registered
176 Posts
I think that this problem is experienced by asocial people who have social anxiety and self-confidence problems.

They spend time in therapy thinking the cheating was their fault or fault, or for meaningless reasons.

Most therapists are incompetent and don't know what they're dealing with, they steal your time with trial/error methods, you should know they treat you like a client and many therapists/priests cheat on their spouses. When getting help, you should think carefully and check how successful the helper is in his private life.

Talking about the same relationship and the same mistake in therapy for years is not beneficial to your progress. I think it is necessary to focus on progress by switching to a different therapist within 6 months/1 year after the relationship.

No one is perfect, but no one can help those who don't have the courage to start over.

· Registered
658 Posts
I think that this problem is experienced by asocial people who have social anxiety and self-confidence problems.

They spend time in therapy thinking the cheating was their fault or fault, or for meaningless reasons.

Most therapists are incompetent and don't know what they're dealing with, they steal your time with trial/error methods, you should know they treat you like a client and many therapists/priests cheat on their spouses. When getting help, you should think carefully and check how successful the helper is in his private life.

Talking about the same relationship and the same mistake in therapy for years is not beneficial to your progress. I think it is necessary to focus on progress by switching to a different therapist within 6 months/1 year after the relationship.

No one is perfect, but no one can help those who don't have the courage to start over.
My problem dating has zero to sue with the possibility of being cheating on. I think your response is generalized to people who are divorced due to affairs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts