Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I will also add that when it comes to women and romance and sex and relationships etc, there are two types of men -

- the assertive and initiative.

- virgins.

If a man wants to have a special someone in his life, on average he is basically going to have to put it out there and make it happen.

Unless he is some kind of rock star, celebrity or pro athlete etc or is good looking enough to be a heterosexual Calvin Klein underwear model, He is likely going to have to be the one to make the first move.

Men basically have to be assertive and make the first moves. If they don’t, they get no where.
Dunno, I don't rate myself as much more than average, but all my encounters have been driven by women. And even planned out by other women. I've never flirted with them. Guess some women just like to conquer the shy quiet type.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You'd be surprised! I've heard stories of some bunny boilers (women).
True. I had one guy tell me a story of a woman he had two dates with. He was also still meeting other women, checking out his options. He invited the first woman to his house for a third date and she asked about not hearing from him the day before and he told her he'd gone on a date. She lost it and started hitting and punching him!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yes, you are cold.

That said, being warm invites the lonely men out from their cold spells.

It soon invites the warm compliments, and the cold groping hands.
Cold hands, warm heart?

You have learned, you have conditioned yourself to be wary, weary of men and their predick-table actions.

And yes, it is the little head being bolstered by the head-of-steam that male hormones naturally build up.

My suggestion?

Expect these clumsy attempts that many men use to get close to you.
Do not take them personal.

The real players are more polished, and more deadly....selfish.
Normal men are often, not so suave, not so good at getting 'their way'.

Is it not good that you find yourself wanted?
What woman would want a man who finds her 'not desirable'?
A woman found desirable is sought, and yes, in some way, stalked.

How these suitors go about getting to know you, getting close to you, is the key to finding a compatible lover.

Work within those constraints.

Sort through the men coming on to you.

Fear men, less.

The Typist- fear me not, I tie no knots, unseen.
Uh, maybe I do.
I really like this post, food for thought. Thank you SunCMars. The part about how they go about getting to know me being key strikes home.

I had a date last night. I saw him as a total dud, no fire at all. No sex appeal, just nothing and flat. I kept thinking he needs to find himself a little dormouse. So the total opposite of the previously mentioned man. One each on opposite ends of the spectrum. Looks like I'm attracted to a man who knows balance.

·
Premium Member
20,797 Posts
True. I had one guy tell me a story of a woman he had two dates with. He was also still meeting other women, checking out his options. He invited the first woman to his house for a third date and she asked about not hearing from him the day before and he told her he'd gone on a date. She lost it and started hitting and punching him!
Different women, different expectations, one woman I was going to date removed Hinge after getting my number and wasn't so happy to hear I didn't do the same and ghosted.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My experience is the man wants to impress and he wants to get you in the sack as fast as possible so he will compliment, call you sweet names, call, take you out, whatever it takes. He also is trying to impress you so he will talk about himself and tell you about all of his wonderful achievements. The men who are calling me sweetheart before we meet usually do not hear from me again. Women want men to see them for who they are, people- not objects but I also do not see them looking for a committed relationship either. Get involved and with time they will call less, the compliments diminish and pretty soon you can wondering if the guy has any feelings for you. BUT he still want to see you once a week or once every two weeks and what is on his mind? He might take you to dinner but he knows he's going to get a little at the end of the evening because he knows how you feel about him. You keep giving of yourself and nothing changes on his part. He has a million and one obligations and priorities and then you feel unwanted and used and with time you finally leave.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts