Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I know there are a lot of people with very difficult situations posting here, and I can totally respect that. But, I wanted to share a feel good story with you all.

My wife and have been married for 5 years, and we have certainly had our challenges- almost to the point where we didn't think we could make it. We had personality conflicts, stresses on all sides, and even came close to infidelity. Last night, our little girl's grandparents babysitted our 2-year old for the evening. My wife and I went on a date night. The first time since our little girl was born (like, 2 years ago). We stopped in to local pub for some beer and nachos, and then took in a comedy at the cinema. We talked, we laughed, we agreed that it was just like when we first started dating. Just seeing how pretty she was dressed, and how she laughed brought a good feeling to me deep down inside. She also commented about when she was dating with other people when she was younger it was different. You could come and go in a relationship, and you had nothing to lose. When you're married, however, it's an investment. You work hard to make it work. It felt so good for us to forget everything and get those old feelings back. We plan to go to bed early tomorrow night and make love (it's just how it works when you're parents of a toddler). We also plan to have a date night twice a month, because it is just so good for us as a married couple for igniting the old fires and reconnecting.

I know this may be common sense for a lot of you, and maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but it sure felt good for us.

Just wanted to share...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Congratulations maple05! It sounds like you've started something wonderful with your wife. It's so important to take that time to have fun and play together without the daily responsibilities getting in the way. Keep up the good work!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts