Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

After a long engagement my dad is finally remarrying. I've been asked to be a bridesmaid in the wedding. My question is do I buy them a gift? Would it be appropriate for me to offer to pay for the cake or flowers or limo? I thought about surprising them with a mini-honeymoon vacation because I know they aren't going on one, but I don't know their schedules and work time-off abilities. Just not sure what I should do here other than be a bridesmaid. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'd only stick with a wedding gift. When my husband and I married, we pretty much paid for everything. Since it's your dad, maybe something on the nicer side?

My parents helped out with the lunch. I only invited 50 people. We married in the late morning and had lunch after. I didn't want an expensive wedding. We bought a small wedding cake with a sheet cake from Sam's Club(warehouse store). It was perfect. Our wedding was under 1,000. This was both our 2nd marriage.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'm with Jellybeans--I'd just ask them if they'd like any of those things or something else entirely.

The great thing about wedding gifts is that they are rarely supposed to be any great surprise :D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
If they don't necessarily have VACATION time, but they have weekends off, you could book them a bed/breakfast weekend at a nearby town/city. Or just give them a gift certificate for the bed/breakfast inn that they can use in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.