Talk About Marriage banner

1121 - 1140 of 1140 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
From all i've read, bleach is about the best anti-virus (and anti-bacterial) for the situation we are in.
Yes it is, but from what I've read, the virus is fairly fragile and covered in a lipid envelope, so ordinary soap will actually destroy it. Ele I know you are in a higher risk category, so bleach on to your heart's content, but I am wiping down my arriving parcels with a normal cleaning spray, not bleach.

·
Administrator
43,674 Posts
Yes it is, but from what I've read, the virus is fairly fragile and covered in a lipid envelope, so ordinary soap will actually destroy it. Ele I know you are in a higher risk category, so bleach on to your heart's content, but I am wiping down my arriving parcels with a normal cleaning spray, not bleach.
I think that with soap and water, the water should be as warm as we can take it as that helps to break down (melt) the lipids.

I'm concerned about using warm water to wash bags of frozen food, milk cartons, etc.

I'm also doing things that avoid having to clean things like groceries... if the item is in a package that can be removed, I remove it and put the contents in a zip-lock bag. Works for things like bread, taco shells, veggies, etc.

I have a chart that lists the length of time the virus lives on different surfaces. If I don't need something for several says and it can survive in the garage I just leave it out there for at least the indicated length of time.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
This was handled, appropriately though some would not agree...

One of my friends in law enforcement always harps on all his friends and family about being alert to these situations and having a firearm ready in case.

He has seen far too many cases of home invasions that went in the direction of assault, murder and rape.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
One of my friends in law enforcement always harps on all his friends and family about being alert to these situations and having a firearm ready in case.

He has seen far too many cases of home invasions that went in the direction of assault, murder and rape.
Especially applies for seniors.

·
Premium Member
7,479 Posts
Not only did that man get his ass beat, he is being charged with the murder of his accomplice.

What were they trying to do? I don't understand why they would invade a home when people are there. They must be very dumb.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Not only did that man get his ass beat, he is being charged with the murder of his accomplice.

What were they trying to do? I don't understand why they would invade a home when people are there. They must be very dumb.
One article I read about it said the intruders first clue might be a bad idea should have been the American flag the man had flying there. :unsure:

·
Administrator
43,674 Posts
This was handled, appropriately though some would not agree...

Sadly, home invasions when the home occupant is at home is very common. Some criminals don't want to steal stuff as much as they want to terrorize, rape and kill. There are some very sick people out there.

Zip ties and a blow torch. They were clearly up to something horrible.

Why a blow torch? I wonder if the homeowner has a safe? If not, then there could only be one, horrible reason for having a blow torch.

·
Administrator
43,674 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
They will, attempt to do this here, l guess my conspiracy theory is falling into place. You know for the safety of the greater good and all that jazz.

·
Administrator
43,674 Posts
They will, attempt to do this here, l guess my conspiracy theory is falling into place. You know for the safety of the greater good and all that jazz.
It depends on how they use the cell phone data. If they don't get down to the level of identifying each person but instead look simply at the location and movement data with no identifying info I'm not concerned about it.

It can help to figure out which social distancing and stay-at-home policies are working and which are not. it can even help figure out if the social distancing, etc, actually are working.

Today Walmart's parking lot is about as full as it always is mid day on a Friday. They are supposed to only be allowing 20% of customer capacity into the store. They have a police officer and employee at every entrace and are set up to control entry into the store. Out of curiosity I watched for a while. They were just letting any and everyone enter.

However Home Depot which is right next door, had employees controlling entry to the store and were clearly counting the number in the store and would only let a person enter after someone else came out.

It would be interesting to see if the population who are entering Walmart uncontrolled end out with more active cases. (Again with no identifying info provided to to any authority.) It could be that what Home Depot is doing won't make a hill of beans of difference.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Using cell phone data to track social distancing and virus spread

Funny how people are so happy to give up their privacy. Reminds me of the good old days in the Soviet Union

·
Registered
873 Posts
Using cell phone data to track social distancing and virus spread

Add this to the fact that some states are barring stores like Costco, Walmart and Target from selling "non essential" items. Who decides what is non essential? The bureaucrats?

So they want to track your movements and tell you what you can and can't buy?

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,136
Just got word late last night that a dear friend and former Texas high school basketball coach I reffed for in the 80's/90's, and now a school district administrator, has been in a Montgomery County, Texas hospital with CV since March 16th.

Please join me in being in prayer for him and his beautiful family!

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
I can say that timing for me has been very good regarding the pandemic. My niece left Manhattan and moved back to the midwest in 2019. I got my flat on the market and filled by middle of Feb this year. My mother has been considering assisted living but didn't make the move this year.

Perhaps something has happened or not happened to you that turned for the better with this pandemic.

·
Registered
179 Posts
In my world, struggling or not, I see family activity like never before. You see parents riding bike with their kids (you always see that, but 50× more now), board games are nearly the only thing sold out here. We are all now looking for anything and everything we can do with our family, instead of making a special occasion out of it.

For all the issues this causes, most people are finally getting a chance to concentrate on the one thing you can never replace or get back. Their families. THAT is the one benefit most of us had.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
1121 - 1140 of 1140 Posts