Talk About Marriage banner

81 - 100 of 1038 Posts

·
Registered
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
And the corona monopoly game begins. >:):grin2:
Granted when we come out of all of this, one of us rectums will be fastidiously trying to get the copyright on the game of "Coronaopoly!"

·
Registered
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
When folks start running out of toliet paper it's gonna get ugly! Youll have to pry my four ply from my cold dead fingers!
Or resort to using one of the outhouse favorites, corn cobs!

To effectively use them, you start with a brown one, then go to a white one, to see if you need to use another brown one!

Sears Roebuck catalogues were once popular in that venue, but you can only find those at antique shows nowadays!

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
Sears Roebuck catalogues were once popular in that venue, but you can only find those at antique shows nowadays![/COLOR][/B]
Finally, a use for all my junk mail! :)

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
The trick was to wad the pages up & then flatten them out as many times as you could before needing to use them. Makes them softer ;)

ETA: They weren’t very soft in the winter
When I was a kid, one of my friends had a pot belly stove in her bathroom. She used it to burn up the used catalogue pages.

·
Premium Member
23,493 Posts
One thing I have not stopped doing, working out at the gym. Although, I’m at greater risk than the folks I workout with. I’m the old guy in the group. We take extra precautions in wiping down all of barbells, weights and other equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
Just stocking up on liquor... and bullets...

Otherwise nothing, this is not going to be like the Spanish flu or anything close to it.
Member of my team expressed concern about her job, to the extreme of what could go wrong. Being the wonderful, reassuring manager that I am, told her that if we get to that point (basically, society imploding), best thing we could do is stock up on good wine and have a shot-gun at the ready. Thankfully, she laughed.

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
If we need to be quarantined, we have basic tinned food and hygiene supplies to tide us over.

After touching the gas pump the other day, I did have a moment, and asked if they had any hand sanitizer left. The guy started to indicate no, then widely-eyed, declared, 'There's two left!' So I bought one to keep in my car. I have yet to stock up on wine.

·
Registered
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
When I was a kid, one of my friends had a pot belly stove in her bathroom. She used it to burn up the used catalogue pages.
I'll bet that her bathroom smelled like a veritable rosebud!

·
Registered
450 Posts
ya, no one has ever accused me of being quick on the uptake mentally. ;) Just not a gun, prepare for war guy. Certainly hope this "event" doesn't turn ugly. Then again... I admit I am prepared/protected with. Would be bad idea to rob/invade my home - especially if I am here.

But maybe I might need a gun case/safe to put my TP in. LOL. Crazy...

Announced that all schools here closed for at least 3 weeks. As a single 100% custody dad of my 2 kids from youngest age 3, this would be a huge issue/problem for me if now. I feel for working parents at this time. How/what do they do for kid care and work ? As my 3 then is about to graduate college, I am not a happy camper I might not get to see her cross the stage. But life will go on...

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
In my area, all the stores are sold out of hand sanitizer, clorox wipes, lysol spray, and while they aren't out of toilet paper, it is definitely picked over.

I lucked out that the last few days have taken me to West Virginia for work, and while out in the sticks I was able to find some Clorox wipes and some lysol spray, but no hand sanitizer. I'll just have to make sure that I wash my hands well.

I doubled up on my grocery shopping this week, and bought approximately a week's worth of extra non-perishables, just in case. My goal is to minimize trips to the store but to continue to eat fresh whenever I can.

All the colleges and universities closing down have really screwed up my work plans for the next 2-3 months, since my job involves recruiting students online. We are moving to an online model as well, but how this is going to work is still TBD...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
ya, no one has ever accused me of being quick on the uptake mentally. ;) Just not a gun, prepare for war guy. Certainly hope this "event" doesn't turn ugly. Then again... I admit I am prepared/protected with. Would be bad idea to rob/invade my home - especially if I am here.

But maybe I might need a gun case/safe to put my TP in. LOL. Crazy...

Announced that all schools here closed for at least 3 weeks. As a single 100% custody dad of my 2 kids from youngest age 3, this would be a huge issue/problem for me if now. I feel for working parents at this time. How/what do they do for kid care and work ? As my 3 then is about to graduate college, I am not a happy camper I might not get to see her cross the stage. But life will go on...
I totally sympathize!

But always remember that where there's a will, there's a way!

·
Administrator
42,604 Posts
In my area, all the stores are sold out of hand sanitizer, clorox wipes, lysol spray, and while they aren't out of toilet paper, it is definitely picked over.

I lucked out that the last few days have taken me to West Virginia for work, and while out in the sticks I was able to find some Clorox wipes and some lysol spray, but no hand sanitizer. I'll just have to make sure that I wash my hands well.
There are recipes online for making your own hand sanitizer. Google "recipe for hand sanitizer"

Another very good sanitizer is white vinegar. A gallon costs about $2.50.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
@EleGirl - Thank you for the heads-up on hand sanitizer. I'm down to my last purse sized bottle and there's none available here at pharmacies or grocery stores.

I met the nicest man in the grocery store yesterday. His wife wasn't feeling well, so she self-quarantined and sent him to the store to stock their freezer. He was rooting through the bottom- and top-round roasts because they're on sale. He wanted to know just what the heck anyone could do with those cuts of meat. I explained those cuts would be great as a lower-fat pot roast (lower fat than chuck I mean) or cut up for beef stew. Y'know, he was so darned appreciative. Perhaps his wife is too sick to cook. I didn't probe. But I've seen lots of evidence of people around here wanting to support one another and just do their best to keep calm.

If it comes down to me having to hunker down for the next six weeks, I could survive. Granted, I'd probably be on beans and rice at that point, but that's okay. My stinky little cat is all set for at least three months!

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
Batman was speaking with a shop keeper who said people are now following the delivery trucks of toilet paper. While we don't understand the mania with excessive toilet paper purchasing, some additional things Batman got is a fingertip oximeter and new batteries for thermometer, to at least (somewhat) keep informed of our vitals. Not a bad idea to have this anyway in the first-aid kit. He bought a few extra products that I use which is manufactured in India; something I had not considered.

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
There are recipes online for making your own hand sanitizer. Google "recipe for hand sanitizer"

Another very good sanitizer is white vinegar. A gallon costs about $2.50.
Every store (and Amazon) is also sold out of the stuff to make your own sanitizer... I looked into that earlier in the week.

Consumer Reports also says that white vinegar won't work, and DIY hand sanitizer is iffy at best.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cleaning/common-household-products-that-can-destroy-novel-coronavirus/

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 1038 Posts