Talk About Marriage banner

561 - 580 of 1023 Posts

·
Registered
16,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
Be careful sir. Mrs. Conan and I are looking into increasing our firepower.

On a lighter note, we found some green beans today!:smile2:
Don't own any "firepower," per se, but if anyone tries to accost me, I'll just tell them that I've got some communicable disease that makes Coronavirus look like a picnic! And that I have this overriding urge to sneeze!

And then gleefully watch the panic in their faces!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I bet. Glad I got done with shopping early. Haha
I just feel it would be better for everyone involved if there wasn't a mad rush to the stores. The risk of being infected skyrocket. I heard a cough here and there that wasn't constant, but that was about it. I just kept clear of everyone I could.

·
Premium Member
23,411 Posts
I just feel it would be better for everyone involved if there wasn't a mad rush to the stores. The risk of being infected skyrocket. I heard a cough here and there that wasn't constant, but that was about it. I just kept clear of everyone I could.

Absolutely true, leadership needs to put this in perspective: this is not a food and basic goods crisis. It is a medical crisis in which we run the risk of real shortages in medical facilities, supplies and personnel. These crowded stores are simply exacerbating the situation.

Stores need to take responsibility in how many people they allow in at any one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
This was posted on Facebook.

Wow... **** is going to get real. I have read several posts on Facebook and the truck drivers r getting upset. Several went to numerous locations and dining rooms closed. Some went to fast food and dining rooms closed. Saying drive through only. So they walk up to drive through and they won't wait on them. Telling drivers that they need to be in a vehicle. And they tell them that they are driving a 18 wheeler. And their response was. I don't care. Understand people that if truck drivers stop we are all going to be in bad shape. Remember that a truck brings about 99% to the retail stores... WAKE UP AMERICA..... Please re-post!!!!!!!!

We need to take care of our truckers. If any of you work in restaurants and/or fast food places, think about how to handle this type of situation.
Don't these drive thru employees realize that they are the reason that job still exists. Where's the manager?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Don't these drive thru employees realize that they are the reason that job still exists. Where's the manager?
Yeah right. Managers blindly following corporate policy.
Only happened to me once when driving......

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
My wife has just been told she can work from home if she wants to.

Although she appreciates the offer, since she is currently undergoing radiation treatment for cancer. She is mindful of the fact that she still has staff below her, who are still required to provide community services in person. So as a consequence of that, she is considering not doing so for now.

·
Administrator
42,539 Posts

Although she appreciates the offer, since she is currently undergoing radiation treatment for cancer. She is mindful of the fact that she still has staff below her, who are still required to provide community services in person. So as a consequence of that, she is considering not doing so for now.
Isn't she putting herself at risk because of a weakened immune system?

·
Premium Member
23,411 Posts

I know she means well, but not a wise decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
42,539 Posts
@EleGirl and @Ikaika I have passed on your response, and spoken to her about it some more so she is reconsidering.

P.S. Thanks Ikaika for your posts in this thread and others covering these things.
Good!

I worked from home most of the time in the last 5 years before I retired. I was project manager overseeing and directing some 30 engineers who were stationed in California, New Mexico, New Jersey, China, India, Russian, etc.

My point is that it's completely possible for your wife to perform her management duties remotely. She can set up skype meetings, daily reports, etc.

Right now my son is working from home. He's doing research at the university here. The entire team is working from home. Their advisor has each team member send him an email at the end of each work day with an action report. They also have phone contact throughout the day. They can also skype as a team.

She can do this and I hope she does.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Do you think the Comfort will help alleviate this situation? I'm not familiar with its capacity or how it is equipped. I believe the other ship is already in San Diego.
It is an enormous floating hospital. I think I heard it has 1000 beds, 100 ICU beds, and 12 operating rooms.
It is intended for patients who don't have cv-19 to take some of the strain off the other hospitals.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
@EleGirl I know you have thought about this but is there any way you could reduce your potential exposure even more?

And if I were in your situation I would try to get a prescription for hydroxychloroquine ASAP. It's certainly not a sure thing, and that drug is in short supply at the moment, but it is fairly safe and there are indications of a preventive effect. If anyone needs it who isn't already sick, it's you.

Prayers for you to make it through to the other side.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
NO NO NO.
OK sorry, I don't mean to sound harsh. In fact I felt the same way - some of the people who work for me needed to go to work, while I was able to work from home. Seemed cowardly of me to not face the same risks they were.

It would be - if by going to work I was actually sharing their risks - but that isn't how it works. By going to work I am ADDING to their risks because there is no way for me to know that I'm not already infected. If I went to work I would be increasing their risk, not decreasing it.

In the case of your wife its less clear because while some of the risks come from the other workers, some come from the people she is working with. Still - every additional person adds risk, it doesn't decrease it.

561 - 580 of 1023 Posts