441 - 460 of 1023 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I think your both correct.

·
Registered
191 Posts
How I'd love to be their professor and have a college classroom full of them!

Oh, what lessons they would learn!

Ever heard of "tough love?"
I believe in tough love when needed. It ain't pretty, but it teaches self-discipline and personal responsibility. Kissing everyone's asses have enabled a society of wussies. (I won't say pussies, b/c pussies are strong and resilient and you men go nuts over them :grin2:)

People can't even take care of themselves anymore, I know my ex and his folks are probably ****ting themselves right now with restaurant limitations and closures, b/c they don't cook. They also don't prepare for bad times, I was the one who used to organize for everyone. To be a fly on the wall...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I believe in tough love when needed. It ain't pretty, but it teaches self-discipline and personal responsibility. Kissing everyone's asses have enabled a society of wussies. (I won't say pussies, b/c pussies are strong and resilient and you men go nuts over them :grin2:)

People can't even take care of themselves anymore, I know my ex and his folks are probably ****ting themselves right now with restaurant limitations and closures, b/c they don't cook. They also don't prepare for bad times, I was the one who used to organize for everyone. To be a fly on the wall...
Your a awesome woman!! 😀

·
Registered
16,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #445 (Edited)
@TXTrini ~ the bulk of my undergrad as well as grad profs were proponents of the "tough love" theorem!

It taught me a profound love of their educational methodology, something that I'd love to instill in younger charges.

As one of my dear sociology profs told us,(and I'm quasi-paraphrasing here) "I'm it, baby! I'm the tenured professor, the department head and the appeals committee ~ all rolled into one! You either dance to the music that I play, or you can just go to the registrar's office and drop the damned class, then go shovel sh!t somewhere!"

He commanded respect ~ and we loved the guy! The meager few who dropped the class were the true losers!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Your a awesome woman!! 😀
Well thank you. You gave me some tough love back when my world blew up and I admit I wanted to rear end you with my size 7's. So, I'll take that as high praise.

I tend to make inappropriate jokes at the wrong time. It can horrify some people.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Well thank you. You gave me some tough love back when my world blew up and I admit I wanted to rear end you with my size 7's. So, I'll take that as high praise.

I tend to make inappropriate jokes at the wrong time. It can horrify some people.
Must admit I prefer headshots.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Ok back on the serious side of things the government is thinking of tracking everyone by there cell phones.

in the spirit of convo19. So unless they are in hazmat suit you can expect those rounded up to cough, spit, lick or any other fashion to get you unless they what? Put you down?

And locally the are telling first responders just wear a surgical mask when attending to I'll patients. Coming from the local health inspector.

But, of course he's not the one going out to help now is he.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ok back on the serious side of things the government is thinking of tracking everyone by there cell phones.

in the spirit of convo19. So unless they are in hazmat suit you can expect those rounded up to cough, spit, lick or any other fashion to get you unless they what? Put you down?

And locally the are telling first responders just wear a surgical mask when attending to I'll patients. Coming from the local health inspector.

But, of course he's not the one going out to help now is he.
When I went to the ER, none of the medical staff wore masks. However, they put one on ME. Masks don't do anything but contain it on an ill person. Damned droplets can go through your eyeballs, so unless you're totally suited up, you're at risk.

·
Registered
16,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #450

And locally they are telling first responders to just wear a surgical mask when attending to ill patients. Coming from the local health inspector.

But, of course he's not the one going out to help, now is he
?
He undoubtedly must be from the genus/phylum "Dumbassophy!"

·
Registered
16,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
Getting sleepy and going to bed, Y'all!

Be sure and say your prayers, tonight! Tomorrow is a brand new opportunity to live life to its fullest!!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
First day of riding herd on my kids for online classes now that schools have shut down. It's exhausting trying to coordinate three of them. Thank God I'm off work this week. Horrifying to imagine what parents are going through right now that don't have the luxury of working from home.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
My neighbor's teens have been home for a whole 2 days and are already going nuts from boredom. Their school shut down for 3 weeks and no on-line classes. Their parents can work from home.

The parents have assured me that if I need anything, anything at all, they have me covered. Best neighbors on earth!

·
Registered
16,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
My neighbor's teens have been home for a whole 2 days and are already going nuts from boredom. Their school shut down for 3 weeks and no on-line classes. Their parents can work from home.

The parents have assured me that if I need anything, anything at all, they have me covered. Best neighbors on earth!
Just don't go out and play with the kids, Sweetheart!

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Our property manager sent us a round robin advising us not substitute facial tissues for toilet paper. I was wondering if they were substitutable.

·
Administrator
42,545 Posts
Our property manager sent us a round robin advising us not substitute facial tissues for toilet paper. I was wondering if they were substitutable.
Facial tissues might seem safe to flush because they look so much like toilet paper. But unlike toilet paper, facial tissues have been treated with a chemical binder that takes time to release and break apart when flushed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/17/coronavirus-causes-toilet-paper-frenzy-sewer-officials-give-warning/5066669002/

Think about getting a Handheld Bidet Sprayer. You won't need much TP at all if you do that. You don't need any tools to install it either.

441 - 460 of 1023 Posts