Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a thread where you can talk about crime in the abstract, such as profiling or drug legalization, or where you can post interesting crime articles and crime news.

I put in the title "not politically related" because those type of crimes are already being discussed under politics due to either being politically motivated or for example a high crime area maybe that way because of the local politics. So this is just more general individual type crime news.

Reactions: C.C. says ...

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A lot of people are just aghast at the local news here this week. Man murders family because he had a headache.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I'm old enough to remember when crime rates were much higher. My car has been broken into so many times I no longer have a count. I was held up as a convenience store clerk 3 times. Violent and property crime levels were much higher.

I'm glad to be living in a safer country overall now than in say 1995.

The social unrest were seeing today is to my thinking much less of a problem than the constant background crime threshold we were used to then. As long as it doesn't continue indefinitely.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's so many shocking local stories that never make national news. Too many to put them all on the news, sadly.

·
Registered
810 Posts
@DownByTheRiver Wow that’s crazy. That’s a bad headache to cause someone to snap like that. No seriously, I wonder if his lawyers will try to use that as a defense? Like temporary insanity due to his brain short circuiting from the pain. Or maybe he just resented his family anyway and their total lack of consideration here was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I bet he feels heavy remorse.

Not that it matters, the deed is done.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
This is the most depraved story I have seen in a while. I am glad Texas has the death penalty, but death is too good for this animal. He needs to spend a few years in prison where he can be passed around to the inmates before they put him to death. He needs to suffer.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's just more depraved than a healthy person can even wrap their head around!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
This is the most depraved story I have seen in a while. I am glad Texas has the death penalty, but death is too good for this animal. He needs to spend a few years in prison where he can be passed around to the inmates before they put him to death. He needs to suffer.
Lucky for the death row inmates, they stay there for like 20 years.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't even buy the headache excuse. I've had a tequila hangover before and i was too incapacitated to get up and kill anyone. I guess it's pretty easy to shoot, though.

Reactions: C.C. says ...

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lucky for the death row inmates, they stay there for like 20 years.
Yeah. My feeling about death penalty vs. life without parole is life without parole is easiest on the victims' families because death penalty, they have to keep spending money and time going up there to fight every appeal and those death row people are entitled to decades of appeal.

I'm fine with the death penalty if they do it right away because I don't like to see prison personnel subjected to violent monsters, nurses, etc. I think there needs to be a law that if there was strong physical evidence like DNA, no appeals and immediate execution, but that wouldn't happen very often.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Omg. :oops:

This guy was probably on the flakka. What else but drugs would make somebody do this? (Wait. I forgot that the world’s gone crazy so maybe no drugs needed) That’s so sad. The other prisoners will probably serve him justice before he ever makes his court date.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pedophilia and sometimes just revenge against the mother. Jeez, every other day we're getting an Amber alert here where the man has run off with the kids because of fighting with the mother, just to hurt the mother and teach her a lesson.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I don't even buy the headache excuse. I've had a tequila hangover before and i was too incapacitated to get up and kill anyone. I guess it's pretty easy to shoot, though.
Parole is a joke anyway. Here's a little story... and I could link articles but I'm not going to because there is a family connection.

A man murdered his wife because she was going to divorce him. He was extremely controlling, and mentally, physically, and sexually abusive to the mother and the kids. The woman was going to leave him that day and only her parents and brother knew about it. He left for work, she started getting things ready and her brother was going over to help her. The husband came home from work in the middle of the day, stabbed the wife, then held the door shut so she couldn't get out of the room to call 911. To this day no one knows how he found out she was leaving that day. He then put the knife in her hand so that it looked like she stabbed herself. He put the knife in the wrong hand and it was impossible to be self-inflicted anyway. Then he wrote a suicide note on the computer and in a way that she would never talk/write (she was very smart, he has the IQ of a peanut). Then he changed his clothes, didn't dispose of them, and went back to work. His work said nothing was off about him that day, aside from leaving in the middle of the day and coming back. He was totally normal while planning to murder someone and immediately afterward. The brother went over as planned and found his dead sister, he later killed himself. The husband was sentenced to a measly 15 years, with parole in 10 IF he confessed to the murder. No confession = no parole.

He tried for parole several times and was denied because he wouldn't confess to the murder. He goes up for parole again, and his confession was basically "well, they say I did it so I guess I did it but I don't remember doing it" and claiming temporary amnesia. Apparently that was good enough and they let him go.

Oh, and it turns out he's gay.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
This isn't as bad as the two stories above but is still ****ed up.

Last November a man died in a home fire, nothing too crazy there...

Turns out his son did it...

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bobert, that guy who found out his wife was escaping, I wonder if he had a neighbor spying on him or if her brother actually told him or some other family member. There's always someone who thinks an abusive maniac is lovesick. Tragic.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This isn't as bad as the two stories above but is still ****ed up.

Last November a man died in a home fire, nothing too crazy there...

Turns out his son did it...
Boy, you talk about cold. That was one cold unfeeling son. Fire is the worst way. Horrifying. And a Marine. 😢

Reactions: bobert

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Bobert, that guy who found out his wife was escaping, I wonder if he had a neighbor spying on him or if her brother actually told him or some other family member. There's always someone who thinks an abusive maniac is lovesick. Tragic.
The brother definitely wouldn't have said anything to anyone. The parents, who knows. They say they didn't but I can't say with as much certainty as the brother. It wasn't a neighbor because she didn't have anything out of the house yet, was just packing, etc. The parents claim they only ever talked about it in person, at the parent's house. The only difference in routine was that she sent the kids to her parents, and that could have tipped him off but it was normal for the kids to go there sometimes. ****ed up situation.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Ah, ok, so I see this thread isn't really going to be a discussion of crime in the abstract. So I'll offer this:

This was probably a bad one for me to click right now but WTF.

I see what happened, based on this : "the 26-year-old alleged murderer said she became pregnant in October 2019, but suffered a miscarriage in January this year. She continued to lie to everyone that she was still pregnant."

But this is beyond ****ed up and is like something out of a bad movie.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts