Talk About Marriage banner
221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have no time frame on having sex. I kinda just know when the time is right based on our conversations, how well we're getting along, and how close we're becoming. Sometimes that can be the first date, and sometimes it never happens.

·
Registered
303 Posts
while I agree with deejo that men are ready for sex at all times (at least physically), I’m not so sure I was mentally prepared for it. I was saving myself for someone I truly loved. It was actually my wife that pushed us to have sex at the 4 week mark of dating. I wanted to wait a little bit longer but…… she had her ways of convincing me.

God forbid something ever happening that puts me on the dating market again, I wouldn’t know what the hell to do with myself.
Sounds like my situation, though I wasn't saving myself for anything. Just couldn't get it through my head that some women don't wait around for a relationship before wanting to have sex.

The women I knew in the Biblical sense before my marriage were all for hookups initiated by the women.

After several months of platonic relationship (my choice) I gave my wife to be freedom to be the one to make a choice. And here we are over 45 years later.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I have been out of the dating market for over 2 decades, so I'm not going to get into timelines and how the market works today. The only thing I will say is that my wife and I waited until after marriage because of our faith. If for some reason, I every end up single and looking again. There is noway marriage will happen unless we are sexually compatible.
You are never out of the dating game! I continue to date my wife of 25 yrs.

387 Posts
Wow, reading this thread has made me feel a bit uncomfortable and unprepared for the dating world. At this point in my life I can’t imagine having sex with somebody on the first date it even the 3rd date. I don’t like the idea of a penis that has been in many different women on a multitude of other 3rd dates inside me. I find that gross. I want a man with experience but not somebody who has been on the dating scene for a little while and having sex on many of his 1st or 2nd dates. The idea of putting a penis inside me that has been inside many other women is very gross. Similar to putting a used dildo or tampon inside of me or something. Of the two LTR I’ve had, I didn’t have sex for at least 3 months after we were officially a couple. I would never consider myself officially a couple with anyone after only a few dates.

Before that I did have a one night stand as well as noncommittal sex that was not really in line with actually dating the guys I was with and I did not like how that felt and I was always grossed out by the thought of wherever their penises had been before.

·
Registered
360 Posts
So as I'm a widow, looking to get back into some kind of dating scene, I wonder about this too. Although I am not into having casual sex at all, I'm sure the dating pool will become even MORE narrow for me. I'm currently talking to a man who shares the same values as me, we've even spoken about sex, that I am protective of myself BECAUSE of coming out of a 15 year marriage, that the last 8 months of were absolutely toxic and really lots of years before that were no good either.

I've only been with three men in my whole 35 years of life and it terrifies me to think I'll be used again.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
So as I'm a widow, looking to get back into some kind of dating scene, I wonder about this too. Although I am not into having casual sex at all, I'm sure the dating pool will become even MORE narrow for me. I'm currently talking to a man who shares the same values as me, we've even spoken about sex, that I am protective of myself BECAUSE of coming out of a 15 year marriage, that the last 8 months of were absolutely toxic and really lots of years before that were no good either.

I've only been with three men in my whole 35 years of life and it terrifies me to think I'll be used again.
Have courage, use caution, don't settle, and enjoy getting out and about!

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
Wow, reading this thread has made me feel a bit uncomfortable and unprepared for the dating world. At this point in my life I can’t imagine having sex with somebody on the first date it even the 3rd date. I don’t like the idea of a penis that has been in many different women on a multitude of other 3rd dates inside me. I find that gross. I want a man with experience but not somebody who has been on the dating scene for a little while and having sex on many of his 1st or 2nd dates. The idea of putting a penis inside me that has been inside many other women is very gross. Similar to putting a used dildo or tampon inside of me or something. Of the two LTR I’ve had, I didn’t have sex for at least 3 months after we were officially a couple. I would never consider myself officially a couple with anyone after only a few dates.

Before that I did have a one night stand as well as noncommittal sex that was not really in line with actually dating the guys I was with and I did not like how that felt and I was always grossed out by the thought of wherever their penises had been before.
But you do have to accept in this 25 to 37 yo date range all said peens will you know, have traveled, seen the circus a lot.

But peens are wash and wear. 😉

387 Posts
But you do have to accept in this 25 to 37 yo date range all said peens will you know, have traveled, seen the circus a lot.

But peens are wash and wear. 😉
Well, I don’t find completely inexperienced men attractive so I’m not expecting to sleep with a virgin.

I just anticipate going on many first dates with many different men because I’m waiting to find just the right guy for me. Maybe many 2nd and 3rd dates too. So I don’t want to be having sex with each guy I make it to a 3rd date with, you know? To me 3 dates isn’t enough to feel comfortable to give that part of myself to somebody yet. I made that mistake in the past. Nope I’m going to hold out a little longer this time around and if a guy doesn’t like that then he’s obviously not going to be the right guy for me. I’m not interested in having casual sex and I’d like to wait until I find somebody that I REALLY like and that I think is headed into more of a committed relationship before I put his used penis inside me. At that point, I won’t care that his penis is used.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
Also, 25-37? I think I’ll be avoiding anybody under 30 and I’m pretty sure any guy between 30-35 is still strongly interested in the women in their 20s so I’m probably going to have to aim a bit older.
Well, I'm being a realist. You will. There will be some surprises!
Some 28yos may be on the catch and release menu. 👍👍👍
Edited to add, there were many 30yo women in my early days as an 16 to 20 yo guy. It can easily happen....

387 Posts
Well, I'm being a realist. You will. There will be some surprises!
Some 28yos may be on the catch and release menu. 👍👍👍
Edited to add, there were many 30yo women in my early days as an 16 to 20 yo guy. It can easily happen....
But I’m not talking about just casual hookups. Sure I could find a younger guy willing to sleep with me. I’m talking about long term relationships. I don’t have time to mess around with casual hookups. I’m 34 and want a baby and I don’t want to have to adopt or use a surrogate. I don’t envision most 25 year old men being quite what I’m looking for but sure if I met one and he ticked a lot of the boxes and for some reason was interested in me as well I would not rule him out just because of age. Don’t see that happening. Anything below that I would definitely rule out. I do plan to date a lot though once I’m free because I’m not going to settle on just any man. I will eventually have sex with somebody I’m dating but probably not within the first few dates.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
But I’m not talking about just casual hookups. Sure I could find a younger guy willing to sleep with me. I’m talking about long term relationships. I don’t have time to mess around with casual hookups. I’m 34 and want a baby and I don’t want to have to adopt or use a surrogate. I don’t envision most 25 year old men being quite what I’m looking for but sure if I met one and he ticked a lot of the boxes and for some reason was interested in me as well I would not rule him out just because of age. Don’t see that happening. Anything below that I would definitely rule out. I do plan to date a lot though once I’m free because I’m not going to settle on just any man. I will eventually have sex with somebody I’m dating but probably not within the first few dates.
You may have that physical attraction and want to experiment a little. Try and not put too many rules on yourself too much in advance.

387 Posts
You may have that physical attraction and want to experiment a little. Try and not put too many rules on yourself too much in advance.
Yes like last night when I hadn’t even said 1 word to this guy yet but I wanted him to rip my clothes off and screw me in front of a room of people? Yeah 3 dates might have been hard for me to hold out for if it was that guy!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Yes like last night when I hadn’t even said 1 word to this guy yet but I wanted him to rip my clothes off and screw me in front of a room of people? Yeah 3 dates might have been hard for me to hold out for if it was that guy!
And if you aren't careful, you will see this cycle repeated over and over when you are dating. It's partly why the 3rd date rule even exists.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
And if you aren't careful, you will see this cycle repeated over and over when you are dating. It's partly why the 3rd date rule even exists.
3rd rule sounds like something men made up for girls to feel good about not having sex the first night ,
some thing as the one one sex session is the same as a 5 km run , I have never see someone do a 5km run in under 40 seconds ,

·
Registered
303 Posts
3rd rule sounds like something men made up for girls to feel good about not having sex the first night ,
some thing as the one one sex session is the same as a 5 km run , I have never see someone do a 5km run in under 40 seconds ,
I absolutely would not be looking for sex on the first date or third or whatever. All the women who approached me other than my wife to be wanted to screw just after meeting. I married the one who didn't.

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
I absolutely would not be looking for sex on the first date or third or whatever. All the women who approached me other than my wife to be wanted to screw just after meeting. I married the one who didn't.
I always follow the 3 date rule. Saves wasting my time and theirs.

Reactions: Enigma32
221 - 240 of 243 Posts