Talk About Marriage banner
201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
I'm convinced they just know a lot more and cut through a lot of BS.😉
Plus if you're divorced and have children, clearly, the lid has already been taken off the cookie jar. 😉 And one of the cooler things about getting older is that you know who you are and you know what you want and you have zero interest in silly games.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
The best thing about dating older women is that they think it's the last time they will get any so they put everything into it! 😉🤔🤣🤣
That's true. Especially since you dudes act like you might die if you work too hard and long. Might as well get some value out of it before you guys pop off.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Is this what YOU believe? I mean, REALLY ask yourself -- do YOU believe regular dating, getting to know people, enjoying sex with men you have feelings for, being real and honest about what you want and need in a relationship, and being open and unafraid to go after what you want, LESSENS anyone's value??

Would you think your sisters, or daughters, or friends, or other happy, caring, emotionally healthy women have less value for that?

And would you ever want to be involved with a man who did think that??
Just saw this! Oh heck no that's not what I believe but at the same time I prefer to be with just one person, which can be impossible while looking for the right one! I really was just wondering about men's attitudes toward it all.

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
That's true. Especially since you dudes act like you might die if you work too hard and long. Might as well get some value out of it before you guys pop off.
You know you will have to put in overtime to keep up with me! 😉

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Just saw this! Oh heck no that's not what I believe but at the same time I prefer to be with just one person, which can be impossible while looking for the right one! I really was just wondering about men's attitudes toward it all.
I know...but see how it sounds when I say it out loud? Be careful not to tell yourself that subconsciously, because YOU know better, and because that's not YOUR standard of value for women or yourself.

Who cares what other men think...if they don't accept YOU, then they don't deserve you!

Besides, I'm pretty sure that as long as a woman is enthusiastic and uninhibited sexually with HIM, most men don't care about partner count.

I don't think you are being sexually promiscuous at all, I think you are being HUMAN. You are one of the female posters who are a great example for ME!! :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Since this topic has come back, I'll share my perspective with you (as a man who would care about count). First thing is just about every woman on this site would tell you to move along and find someone else if you ever find a man who cares. This take is completely understandable and it would simplify your life, if you adopt it.

My perspective: I have only had one sexual partner in my life. If I was single and dating, I would be looking for someone who is compatible for me. I know myself well enough to know that my count would not be climbing much at all. Would I care what a womans exact count is? Not particularly, I would mostly be looking for openness, honesty and compatibility. With that said, I would be interested in her count, but more importantly how she got there. For me, if a woman has a count of 10 and each of those was in a relationship that lasted a year +, I would have less reservation than if a woman had a count of 10 which included 6 ONS and only two lengthy relationships.

Overall, you really shouldn't be worried about what men like me think. Live your life the way you want.

·
Super Moderator
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
I've been seeing someone and am now officially dating him but he mentioned the three date rule on our second date. He's been out of the dating scene for awhile and said he saw it on google lol! Ours was 5.
Well congratulations! But we can't just leave it at that now can we?

So the magic happened on date #5. But after which date did you know you wanted the results you got on #5?

I still generally believe the sex box gets mentally checked on date #1.

·
Registered
555 Posts
My husband and I it was our 2nd date. He booked an expensive Hotel for a weekend. We talked lots and text lots in between till our 2nd date. Our very 1st date was hot and by the time I got home I was horny as anything lol. He was in the Navy and would see each other fortnightly if we could. By our 2nd date we both knew what we wanted. He was a gentleman and treated me like a queen. We were engaged a few months later.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Well congratulations! But we can't just leave it at that now can we?

So the magic happened on date #5. But after which date did you know you wanted the results you got on #5?

Yes, it was date #1 for me. Someone either hits the right spot or they don't.

·
Registered
12,121 Posts
So ... ushered away by the cops. After meeting Batman ...
You REALLY ARE a cat burglar aren't you?
All makes perfect sense.
I drew him in with my voice before we met, so by the time I was ushered away, he was already smitten. <insert cackle>

From my personal and outdated dating experience, this likely was the case... kind of along with that I somehow felt he was someone that I could fall hard for. To expand on your general belief, before we even went on our first date, we had arranged to meet casually at a club after only briefly meeting before. It wasn't a date, no set time. I'd arrived with some friends, one of whom was a gay male. At the club, Batman and I were getting tingly for one another, briefly parted to get drinks or something, and I ended up walking across the club holding hands with my gay friend and essentially expressing that I was digging on Batman. Next thing I knew, Batman was nowhere to be seen. I learned he'd seen me hand-in-hand with my friend (and hadn't met yet), and bounced to the club next door. I still recall the feeling I had when hurrying across to the other club to find him. He told me he didn't play like that. I explained that my friend was gay, and indicated my interest in Batman. We went back to the original club and kissed each others faces off.

Side note, I did actually have a date planned for later that night, however, stood him up. Had never stood anyone up before. I was becoming smitten with Batman and consciously chose to stay. When friends were getting ready to leave, gay friend assumed I'd be going home with Batman, even though he'd not experienced me going home with anyone before. I didn't though, and left with friends. Next day ole Bats called and arranged a date. I cringe about this now, in terms of my delivery, yet at the end of the date I told him where I was at in terms of not being down with casual sex. Not long ago we reflected on this and he said it didn't matter to him either way; although he liked hearing me say the word 'sex'. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Next thing I knew, Batman was nowhere to be seen. I learned he'd seen me hand-in-hand with my friend (and hadn't met yet), and bounced to the club next door. I still recall the feeling I had when hurrying across to the other club to find him. He told me he didn't play like that. I explained that my friend was gay, and indicated my interest in Batman. We went back to the original club and kissed each others faces off.
Next day ole Bats called and arranged a date. I cringe about this now, in terms of my delivery, yet at the end of the date I told him where I was at in terms of not being down with casual sex. Not long ago we reflected on this and he said it didn't matter to him either way; although he liked hearing me say the word 'sex'. :LOL:
Yep.
Batman.

In revisiting this, I have been having frequent discussions with a female friend whose marriage is in the tank, and she keeps reaching out to me due either to my sage wisdom, disarming charm, monkey-branching, or I'm just the best she can do conversationally.

She feigned shock about women being smart and keeping safe. How they didn't really know a man before sleeping with them after meeting them a few times.

I reminded her that quite often once a woman really 'knows' a man is when she decides to STOP sleeping with him.

That and gently reminded her that she and I had sex in our 20's after dating for a month.

Her response; "That was different."

Of course ...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yep.
Batman.

In revisiting this, I have been having frequent discussions with a female friend whose marriage is in the tank, and she keeps reaching out to me due either to my sage wisdom, disarming charm, monkey-branching, or I'm just the best she can do conversationally.

She feigned shock about women being smart and keeping safe. How they didn't really know a man before sleeping with them after meeting them a few times.

I reminded her that quite often once a woman really 'knows' a man is when she decides to STOP sleeping with him.

That and gently reminded her that she and I had sex in our 20's after dating for a month.

Her response; "That was different."

Of course ...
Ive known my husband 31 years and we have sex 5 times a week min. Shoots down the se. stops when you know someone

201 - 220 of 243 Posts