Talk About Marriage banner

1561 - 1580 of 2301 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
The medical crisis has begun.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/nyregion/ny-coronavirus-hospitals.html

“New York State’s long-feared surge of coronavirus cases has begun, thrusting the medical system toward a crisis point.

In a startlingly quick ascent, officials reported on Friday that the state was closing in on 8,000 positive tests, about half the cases in the country. The number was 10 times higher than what was reported earlier in the week.

In the Bronx, doctors at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center say they have only a few remaining ventilators for patients who need them to breathe. In Brooklyn, doctors at Kings County Hospital Center say they are so low on supplies that they are reusing masks for up to a week, slathering them with hand sanitizer between shifts.”

·
Registered
773 Posts

“New York State’s long-feared surge of coronavirus cases has begun, thrusting the medical system toward a crisis point.

In a startlingly quick ascent, officials reported on Friday that the state was closing in on 8,000 positive tests, about half the cases in the country. The number was 10 times higher than what was reported earlier in the week.

In the Bronx, doctors at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center say they have only a few remaining ventilators for patients who need them to breathe. In Brooklyn, doctors at Kings County Hospital Center say they are so low on supplies that they are reusing masks for up to a week, slathering them with hand sanitizer between shifts.”
Major cities will be first to be devastated. Close quarters

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,563

Sad.
People need to listen.

Sadly Those saying they refuse to change regardless, I figure will eventually regret those words.

·
Premium Member
23,410 Posts
Draw the equivalency to Italy - day 18 for US vs day 18 in Italy, US has surpassed Italy’s day 18. Only 20% of the country are following the CDC recommendations. Looking at models and our population, day 26, we could see tens of millions (day 26 for Italy today) infected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
13,126 Posts
Expecting the public to band together to do the right thing is a fool's errand, you need enforcement.

This was on Friday at our local beach (hence now closed):

Heard you guys had something similar at Florida

·
Premium Member
23,410 Posts
Expecting the public to band together to do the right thing is a fool's errand, you need enforcement.

This was on Friday at our local beach (hence now closed):

Lot of vectors in that photo and with an R0 of 2.28, local hospitals should expect a surge in five days that will last two weeks or more.

·
Administrator
42,545 Posts

Yea, take a look at brilliant college kids doing spring break in Florida this week.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,568

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
Really saddening.

Self-centered, selfish and egotistical generation.
Heaven forbid they ever have plans messed up.
There is at least one poster on this thread who seems to feel that self quarantine and distancing is foolish and should not be done other than for at risk population. I’m guessing he and others who feel this way think it’s fine for the kids to behave as usual on spring break.

·
Administrator
42,545 Posts
Really saddening.

Self-centered, selfish and egotistical generation.
Heaven forbid they ever have plans messed up.
Not all kids of that generation are like this. Let's not paint an entire generation based on some airhead spoiled brats.

·
Premium Member
23,410 Posts
I’m on day seven post the moment our university shutdown and the week after our students returned from spring break.

I have a temperature of 100F. No other symptoms otherwise. I am trying to do everything right.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,572 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,573
I’m on day seven post the moment our university shutdown and the week after our students returned from spring break.

I have a temperature of 100F. No other symptoms otherwise. I am trying to do everything right.

Hope you feel better. Take care of yourself.

·
Administrator
42,545 Posts

Hope this is something else. Can you get tested tomorrow?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,575
@EleGirl their are some in every generation.

Never understood spring break partying anyway.

·
Administrator
42,545 Posts
Called, they will not test until I start exhibiting at least one of the other symptoms:

Dry cough
Shortness of breath.
Was wondering if they would say that. It's the same here.

1561 - 1580 of 2301 Posts