Talk About Marriage banner

1441 - 1460 of 2301 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,441
Batten down the hatches. Figure of speech.

Seriously though.
some are losing their minds.

A relative was at a clinic today. A woman showed up hysterical saying she had covid19 symptoms, and even though they told her she needed to go to the hospital she forced her way into the clinic.

Said they did finally get her calmed down and sent to the hospital.

Individual from Texas from one of the hot zones posted to a local group telling folks here better start taking warnings seriously. They didn’t and wished they had.

Still have one who says he will never close.

I know its all part of the pattern of loss, part of the process, but the not giving a ****, denial attitude is still annoying.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The health department in my county is really angering me.

They are proclaiming a clearly false number of cases. They have a daily briefing where they say, "we have x number of confirmed cases, x number of tests still pending".

Yet I personally know of a minimum two persons whom they REFUSE to test, even though they have symptoms and were exposed to a known case. They just say, "you need minimum 14 day quarantine, we will just assume you are positive." Yet they are not including these "assumed" cases in their "confirmed" count. What king of fraudulent reporting is that?!?

And the people who are being quarantined are health care workers. They need to know if they are positive or not, and whether they can go back to work. It is highly unproductive to have someone stay isolated for 2 weeks for no reason. And then, if they really didn't have the virus and come out of quarantine, then what happens? What if they get the virus for real next time? Another 14 days (or more) off work? Who can afford this?

I view this as a very irresponsible attitude towards people's lives.

Although the health department claims they are just "following guideline because of the shortage of tests", that's a load of BS in my book. These are not random tests for people who have a cold. They are healthcare workers with documented exposures to known cases.

I interact with doctors and nurses every day in my work. I am hearing more and more of them voice the belief that the county health department is intentionally trying to suppress the numbers. Maybe that's a tinfoil hat belief, but the health department is shredding all their credibility with their approach.

·
Premium Member
23,410 Posts

They are proclaiming a clearly false number of cases. They have a daily briefing where they say, "we have x number of confirmed cases, x number of tests still pending".

Yet I personally know of a minimum two persons whom they REFUSE to test, even though they have symptoms and were exposed to a known case. They just say, "you need minimum 14 day quarantine, we will just assume you are positive." Yet they are not including these "assumed" cases in their "confirmed" count. What king of fraudulent reporting is that?!?

And the people who are being quarantined are health care workers. They need to know if they are positive or not, and whether they can go back to work. It is highly unproductive to have someone stay isolated for 2 weeks for no reason. And then, if they really didn't have the virus and come out of quarantine, then what happens? What if they get the virus for real next time? Another 14 days (or more) off work? Who can afford this?

Although the health department claims they are just "following guideline because of the shortage of tests", that's a load of BS in my book. These are not random tests for people who have a cold. They are healthcare workers with documented exposures to known cases.

I interact with doctors and nurses every day in my work. I am hearing more and more of them voice the belief that the county health department is intentionally trying to suppress the numbers. Maybe that's a tinfoil hat belief, but the health department is shredding all their credibility with their approach.

This is a disaster. You need to protect yourself. Do you have access to PPE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
7,447 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,447

It appears that's happening in several places.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,448

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,449 (Edited)
Keeping fingers crossed.
People are really hammering on the governor to mandate closures, and protocols instead of recommending.

Hopefully other states will start doing the same to their elected leaders.
Wish the tulsa mayor was governor.
Every restaurant has until midnight before owners are forced to change operation. G.T. Bynum's new executive order calls for all bars to close and all restaurants only operate as to-go or delivery establishments.

“I take very seriously the health and safety of Tulsans at this time when we’re encouraging social distancing to minimize the virus and impact it could have on our healthcare system.”
People are crowding into the bars and restaurants in surrounding municipalities as governor won't do the same statewide.

I feel it's going to take the people swamping their elected officials with letters, phone calls, and emails to get them to step to the plate.
Also several dentists are shutting down and will only do dental emergencies.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Yeah, but if you look at the "other diseases" that predicted death, it included some fairly common problems like high blood pressure and diabetes.

So if you take a diabetes pill or have diet controlled diabetes, are you at increased risk of death?

If you have high blood pressure, even if controlled, are you at increased risk of death?

I haven't seen a breakdown, but I suspect so. To get mortality % that are orders of magnitude above that of, say, Influenza A, you'd have to be having a lot of people with fairly common conditions. There just aren't enough end-stage COPDer with FEV-1s of 0.5 to think that only SEVERE pre-existing disease is a risk factor. I believe they're talking about some fairly low-level common conditions, too.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
Yeah, but if you look at the "other diseases" that predicted death, it included some fairly common problems like high blood pressure and diabetes.

So if you take a diabetes pill or have diet controlled diabetes, are you at increased risk of death?

If you have high blood pressure, even if controlled, are you at increased risk of death?

I haven't seen a breakdown, but I suspect so. To get mortality % that are orders of magnitude above that of, say, Influenza A, you'd have to be having a lot of people with fairly common conditions. There just aren't enough end-stage COPDer with FEV-1s of 0.5 to think that only SEVERE pre-existing disease is a risk factor. I believe they're talking about some fairly low-level common conditions, too.
Diabetes, high or low BP, asthma, immune disorders, anyone with existing infections, yes all of these and many others will be at greater risk.

·
Registered
16,567 Posts
My first XW works for the grocery chain H-E-B in a Southern Houston suburb. She reported that customers had stooped so low that on repeated occasions, they were even caught attempting to steal the half used bottles of Purell placed at the checkout registers by the company for their checkers health benefit.

It's caused them to now have two "blue and whites" to work as security there during all business hours!

·
Registered
16,567 Posts
She’s still here but barely. We are enjoying our last precious moments together. Thank you for asking. Everyone here has been so sweet and supportive.
My steadfast prayers are staying with you, Sweetheart!

·
Registered
16,567 Posts
China just announced that for the first time in weeks, they have zero new Coronavirus cases to report ~ which, in and of itself, is great news!

Now if we can hunker down and begin to come out of the woods ourselves!

1441 - 1460 of 2301 Posts