Talk About Marriage banner

4161 - 4180 of 4339 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
THAT'S how you do good science.
I was under the impression that for this to work it should be in combination with EITHER zinc, Z-pac, or both.
I'd like to see a study like this with all of those combinations to determine if ANY of this works.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Some people are absolutely harmed by vaccines.

That number is vanishingly small compared to those that are harmed by not using them.
But, just not harmed with autism.

I'd like to see the double blind study that verifies the assertion about the comparison of those who are harmed by not taking the vaccine.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
But, just not harmed with autism.

I'd like to see the double blind study that verifies the assertion about the comparison of those who are harmed by not taking the vaccine.
That data exists, but I'm in no way inclined to do your homework. If you would really like to see it, you'll find it.

·
Banned
2,125 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
That would not be good, seems as tho the flu vaccine increases chances of Corona.
It is not as clear cut:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
The U.S. has a Vaccine Compensation Fund where people can apply for monies if they or a family member is damaged from a vaccine. It was created so the huge drug companies can escape being sued. https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/641
Thx, Karole, I just assumed that anyone who argued for/against vaccines knew about this. Kinda online vaccine discussion 101, haha

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Thx, Karole, I just assumed that anyone who argued for/against vaccines knew about this. Kinda online vaccine discussion 101, haha
I don't think anyone here is saying that vaccines come with 0.0% risk. And yes, I'm well aware of the compensation fund.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I don't think anyone here is saying that vaccines come with 0.0% risk. And yes, I'm well aware of the compensation fund.
Then I clearly wasn’t talking about you. Go back upstream, Marduk mentioned vaccines and we all ran with it.

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
The U.S. has a Vaccine Compensation Fund where people can apply for monies if they or a family member is damaged from a vaccine. It was created so the huge drug companies can escape being sued. https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/641
I’m not connecting it to what I said about vaccines.

All medicines have the potential for side effects. Vaccines sure do. One of them just doesn’t happen to be autism - at least that’s what the data says.

·
Premium Member
24,201 Posts
when it comes to medical interventions, we always consider the benefit to risk ratio. All pharmaceuticals come with some level of risk, so one has to consider these risk and weigh it against the potential benefit for the patient. When it comes to vaccines, they have the lowest risk and highest benefit of any pharmaceutical. There are cases in which a person has a severe reaction, but in comparison to other forms medicines, vaccines carry a very low risk factor. These cases are in the 1 in 100,000 as opposed to 1 in 1,000 for other forms of pharmaceuticals.

When comparing a potential vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 to say something like hydroxychloroquine, hands down a vaccine will provide a far greater benefit with the least amount of risk. As for hydroxychloroquine which has been shown to not be effective (the French study has since been retracted from publication) comes with some very severe risk factors.

And, no, vaccines do not weaken a person’s immune system... quite the opposite, as is the intention of how vaccines work.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

An interesting article for discussion. They mention the possibility that some people are super spreaders, so 80% of the cases come from 10% of the people. Most people don't end up infecting anyone else. The risk of infection is 19 times higher indoors than outdoors. Clusters of infections are linked to places where people are singing or speaking loudly.

The conclusion I'm getting is that the airborne risk is what needs to be mitigated. Places where people exhale with a lot of force will release a lot of airborne droplets, and being indoors means those droplets will hang around and can easily be breathed in by someone else. From the article:

Japan, which was hit early but has kept the epidemic under control, has built its COVID-19 strategy explicitly around avoiding clusters, advising citizens to avoid closed spaces and crowded conditions.
I remember when there was a lot of coverage of the packed Florida beaches at spring break. Were there many outbreaks from that? I don't remember hearing much about it, and I wonder if it's because the outdoor environment meant the risk of infection was low. Of course there were also bars and such where people were indoors, but it doesn't seem like there was a spike of infections from spring break.

One thing they also said was that it might just be a matter of timing that makes someone a super spreader. It looks like people are most infectious for just a couple of days. If the person happens to be doing something where they are exhaling hard at an indoor location during those few days, there might be a cluster of infections from that event. I wonder if the stereotypical yelling commonly associated with NYC residents is one reason they had such a big outbreak there. If everyone is always shouting all the time, then they are likely going to be shouting during the time when they are most infectious.

They also mention that these findings can help develop strategies for moving forward. Following the Japanese model of avoiding crowded indoor spaces may help mitigate the spread while still allowing society to function. If their conclusions are true, then indoor places where there would likely be lots of droplets like loud bars, bowling alleys, and gyms may need to figure out a ways to minimize that risk to avoid being labeled hotspots.

4161 - 4180 of 4339 Posts