Talk About Marriage banner

2041 - 2060 of 2302 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
This is getting hairy. My nephew and his fiancé in Colorado both have the virus. My cousin who is a respiratory therapist is now wearing protective clothing and face shield at the hospital she works at in Mississippi. She says we won’t see the worst until the next two weeks.
To all TAMers...stay safe.

·
Administrator
42,539 Posts
This is getting hairy. My nephew and his fiancé in Colorado both have the virus. My cousin who is a respiratory therapist is now wearing protective clothing and face shield at the hospital she works at in Mississippi. She says we won’t see the worst until the next two weeks.
I hope they are going to be ok. It's scary.

·
Registered
16,565 Posts
My brother has a friend that attends Ole Miss.
Beautiful campus there! I've always felt that I've missed something by not going there! That would have been back in the Archie Manning days! Which should vividly tell you what an "Old Fart" I am!

Just consider me a "Rebel" in absentia!

·
Registered
16,565 Posts
S
Ardent prayers flowing their way and then on to you!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,046
Are they doing okay?
Prays to them.

·
Premium Member
13,126 Posts
Wait, let me get this straight, you guys still haven't done a blanket travel ban?

Hell even Tasmania our tiny little island state pretty much said "if you ain't from Tassie, **** off mate!"
Including from the mainland!

·
Administrator
42,539 Posts
Wait, let me get this straight, you guys still haven't done a blanket travel ban?

Hell even Tasmania our tiny little island state pretty much said "if you ain't from Tassie, **** off mate!"
Including from the mainland!

The US has banned the entry of all foreign nationals who have travelled to China, Iran, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK or Ireland 14 days before their arrival.

US citizens or permanent residents who have visited a high-risk area must fly into one of the 13 international airports with enhanced entry screening capabilities.

We will be, by mutual consent, temporarily closing our Northern Border with Canada to non-essential traffic. Trade will not be affected. Details to follow!

On March 18, President Donald Trump announced that the US would close its northern border with Canada "by mutual consent" to non-essential traffic such as tourists and other visitors.

On March 20, the US and Mexico agreed to restrict non-essential travel over their shared border for 30 days, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said, a decision that will be revisited after the period.

·
Premium Member
13,126 Posts
The US has banned the entry of all foreign nationals who have travelled to China, Iran, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK or Ireland 14 days before their arrival.

US citizens or permanent residents who have visited a high-risk area must fly into one of the 13 international airports with enhanced entry screening capabilities.

We will be, by mutual consent, temporarily closing our Northern Border with Canada to non-essential traffic. Trade will not be affected. Details to follow!

On March 18, President Donald Trump announced that the US would close its northern border with Canada "by mutual consent" to non-essential traffic such as tourists and other visitors.

On March 20, the US and Mexico agreed to restrict non-essential travel over their shared border for 30 days, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said, a decision that will be revisited after the period.
Arggghh... good heavens... please say a blanket ban is being considered.

People will try to bypass the bans by visiting countries not yet on your list and if their passports aren't stamped or checked diligently the whole flight could be compromised and you got hundreds of potential cases landing on your airports. Yes, they will try. Already I've met foreigners here down under struggling to get home amidst our travel ban and they are resorting to all sorts of crap and even risking being stranded in connecting countries.

Just go... NO!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,052
We should ground interstate flights and travel as well. Not sure if they will.
:iagree: :iagree:

No, they have to wait until an hour after Zero hour @RandomDude.

One of the first, cases in the state was a man who got out of Seattle right before it was locked down.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,055
They want to oldest to come in for instructions on prepping, wearing, and all the in and outs of the full body self contained hazmat suits tomorrow.

Said she asked them if they didn't think it was a little late to be worrying about it now? :grin2:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,056

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
I think any distancing helps some.

Personally I do not want to be within 100 feet of anyone who has recently been on ANY airplane. I'm sure there will be devastating numbers of travelers sick soon.

www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-american-airlines-pilot-tests-positive-for-covid-19-2020-3
Always wondered:
Since the air is recirculated do they have hepa filters to remove such from the cabin air?
I think the answer is yes, however that does not protect you from someone who is siting next to you and also. there is no way to completely clean the seats. No matter what surface cleaning is done, you cannot clean out the foam inside. Also cannot clean every single surface that could have been touched. They can try and they may get a lot of it, but will never get all of it.

All planes should be closed for 20 or more days to allow any viruses to die. Then cleaned.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
Another consideration would be disposable one use seat covers for each new flight, removed after each flight. This would help the seats a little but still not 100 percent.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
They want to oldest to come in for instructions on prepping, wearing, and all the in and outs of the full body self contained hazmat suits tomorrow.

Said she asked them if they didn't think it was a little late to be worrying about it now? <a href="http://talkaboutmarriage.com/images/TAMarriage_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" >:)</a>
The hospital my mom died in did this preparedness training and suiting training about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,060
I think the answer is yes, however that does not protect you from someone who is siting next to you and also. there is no way to completely clean the seats. No matter what surface cleaning is done, you cannot clean out the foam inside. Also cannot clean every single surface that could have been touched. They can try and they may get a lot of it, but will never get all of it.

All planes should be closed for 20 or more days to allow any viruses to die. Then cleaned.
Are airplane seats cloth?
I've only been in small single engine planes so nothing about an airliner.

And don't want to personally find out either. :grin2:

2041 - 2060 of 2302 Posts