Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 4245 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still haven’t decided if it’s just scare tactics or serious.
But does anyone else think keeping them in such confined areas as a ship, and sharing ventilation systems is just asking for it to spread?
61 day before yesterday, 65 yesterday and 39 today.

Germany says it survives up to 9 days on surfaces and now Hong Kong says believes spreads through air as well. Using a ship for quarantine of any kind just seems ridiculous.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/02/12/national/science-health/40-new-coronavirus-cases-cruise-ship-quarantined-japan/#.XkNaxyVMHDs

Aside from that what are people’s thoughts on it.

Considering many pharmaceuticals are made in hubei province will it effect global trade, and some pharmaceuticals if China doesn’t lift quarantine soon?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Aside from that what are people’s thoughts on it.
I'll get back to you in sec, gotta sweep out my Y2k bunker and update the supplies from the SARS, West Nile Virus, and Swine Flu pandemics.

(Disclaimer: if I suddenly stop posting on TAM, it means I've succumbed to the Coronavirus, in which case my deathswitch will initiate a mass emailer to the location of my gravesite where you can come and say, ''I told you so'')

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll get back to you in sec, gotta sweep out my Y2k bunker and update the supplies from the SARS, West Nile Virus, and Swine Flu pandemics.

(Disclaimer: if I suddenly stop posting on TAM, it means I've succumbed to the Coronavirus, in which case my deathswitch will initiate a mass emailer to the location of my gravesite where you can come and say, ''I told you so'')
:laugh: Lmao

·
Registered
635 Posts
The update is that now they are going to let the elderly and those with pre-existing medical condtions depart. I guess they'll be held in quarantine for the rest of the time period but hey? who knows.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The update is that now they are going to let the elderly and those with pre-existing medical condtions depart. I guess they'll be held in quarantine for the rest of the time period but hey? who knows.
They need to get them off. I would be hot under the collar.
Especially sending my wife off an my not being allowed to see her.
I'd probably be in jail.
:grin2:

·
Registered
890 Posts

As someone who got Swine Flu in 2009, I am less than amused. It was NOT FUN. It took me weeks to fully get over, and I was a healthy 30-something.

Look, this thing doesn't have to be The Stand. It has already shut down China. Many of our generic medicines are manufactured there. Electronics production is all but shut down. Jeff Bezos is selling off Amazon stock like a fiend. He is doing so ahead of the supply chain disaster that is right around the corner.

Long story short, the Globalist Masters of the Universe put all of their eggs in one basket, and it's gonna bite us ALL in the ass.

That being said, the numbers coming out of China are Fake News. The CCP lies. That's what it does. You don't shut down one of the most productive parts of a nation over "the cold". You do it because you are ****ting your pants. SO2 levels coming out of the affected area are spiking.

Based on the official numbers - which are probably doctored downward - we are looking at a virus that has a N0 of around 3. The Spanish Flu of 1928 had a N0 of 1.8. This virus has an estimated mortality rate of 2%. The common flu has a mortality rate of .2%.

This could very well be a nothingburger. It could be that containment efforts will work. I, though, will continue to carry hand sanitizer in my pocket. I will continue to maintain 2 months supplies for SIP and the means to protect us. - as I always do. I already have nitrile gloves, goggles and surgical + n95 masks.

Remember - if you wait until disaster is at hand to prepare, it is too late.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
As someone who got Swine Flu in 2009, I am less than amused. It was NOT FUN. It took me weeks to fully get over, and I was a healthy 30-something.
I certainly wasn't making fun of people who contracted the various items I mentioned. I was commenting more on the ''boy who cried wolf'' aspect of the induced hysteria by media and gov't.

Remember - if you wait until disaster is at hand to prepare, it is too late.
Truth.

Back in 2003 one cow in Alberta had mad cow disease and the US and 40 other countries slammed the door to Canadian beef so hard and fast the Canadian cattle producers felt the wind in their face. Yet, how many plane loads of infected people left China after this outbreak? This virus could kill everybody, or peter out to nothing in a few weeks, or something in between....who knows, but the gov't response by the Chinese is criminal, and the gov'ts that didn't prevent these planes from landing in their own countries are almost equally to blame.

I'm open to the idea this is a biowarfare event. The Chinese took it on the chin with US support of Hong Kong and the trade deal that makes China knuckle under. I personally hover around 5-10% approval rating for this possibility.

Again, sorry, didn't mean to personally offend you or anyone who was actually affected.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Are the numbers coming out of China a gross underestimate. yep. Partly because they lie, but i think a lot of it that they are just so damned overwhelmed by this RUSH of gravely ill patients that their systems just failed.

I too have decided to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

·
Administrator
43,575 Posts
From what I'm hearing/reading China is very low on test kits for the virus so they are only using them on people who have symptoms now. Yet it's known that infected people can spread Coronavirus for a few days before symptoms start. This is not good news.

I think that China is not being truthful about he number infected and the number who have died from the virus.

Several days ago, a news channel in China reported that the death toll was over 24,000 saying that they were not going to continue to lie about this. This was taken down quickly. Don't know what the truth is, but I can see the Chinese gov covering up something like that.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
From what I'm hearing/reading China is very low on test kits for the virus so they are only using them on people who have symptoms now. Yet it's known that infected people can spread Coronavirus for a few days before symptoms start. This is not good news.

I think that China is not being truthful about he number infected and the number who have died from the virus.

Several days ago, a news channel in China reported that the death toll was over 24,000 saying that they were not going to continue to lie about this. This was taken down quickly. Don't know what the truth is, but I can see the Chinese gov covering up something like that.
Those sick in Germany, according to German gov, were exposed by a woman who visited a factory there and wasn’t displaying symptoms even on her return to Wuhan.

There are 2 countries now saying the incubation period can be up to 24 days.
They are letting those in quarantine here in the states out after 14 days.

**** just ain’t adding up.
The site I been using to keep track stopped updating yesterday after 2,011 and then today have listed 14,000 new cases in China bringing total to over 60,000.
I screen shot just in case.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

·
Registered
890 Posts
I certainly wasn't making fun of people who contracted the various items I mentioned. I was commenting more on the ''boy who cried wolf'' aspect of the induced hysteria by media and gov't.

Truth.

Back in 2003 one cow in Alberta had mad cow disease and the US and 40 other countries slammed the door to Canadian beef so hard and fast the Canadian cattle producers felt the wind in their face. Yet, how many plane loads of infected people left China after this outbreak? This virus could kill everybody, or peter out to nothing in a few weeks, or something in between....who knows, but the gov't response by the Chinese is criminal, and the gov'ts that didn't prevent these planes from landing in their own countries are almost equally to blame.

I'm open to the idea this is a biowarfare event. The Chinese took it on the chin with US support of Hong Kong and the trade deal that makes China knuckle under. I personally hover around 5-10% approval rating for this possibility.

Again, sorry, didn't mean to personally offend you or anyone who was actually affected.
In no particular order:

A-Not offended. Don't get in the ditch with Mama AandM's little boy. I'll drag you down into idiocy and beat you with experience :biggrinangelA:.

B-Mad Cow is a prion. Prions are both far worse and far better than viruses. Worse, in the sense that they are not easily denatured, even by cooking. Better, in the sense that you just avoid being a cannibal or eating a cannibal. A lot of Canadian cattle yards were feeding livestock beef-byproducts, following the UK practice. The UK had a rash of Mad Cow, and so did Canada. Just say no to cannibalism. An easy problem to shut down. Just close borders until after the offending party has stopped the poor feeding practice and culled all of the potential livestock.

Check out Johns Hopkins. This morning it was 46,000 tested infected. This evening, there was a nearly 14,000 person jump. Deaths jumped big-big too. My guess, officials from WHO just arrived yesterday, and started asking about the folks piled up like cordwood. We'll see in the next few days.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They updated again saying 15,104 new cases in China today.
Yesterday’s report was 2,011 new cases.

·
Registered
890 Posts
They updated again saying 15,104 new cases in China today.
Yesterday’s report was 2,011 new cases.
Yup. WHO arrived in the last day or so. They probably asked about the cordwood stacked underneath the Snoopy and Woodstock sheets 0:).

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found a report to explain the large increase in cases.

Surge in number of cases and deaths is due for the most part to the adoption of a new diagnosis classification.
In conformity with other provinces, starting with Feb. 12 counts, Hubei Province will include the number of clinically diagnosed cases into the number of confirmed cases.
Of the 14,840 cases added, 13,332 are due to the new classification while 1,508 are new cases.
There were 242 new deaths (including 135 clinically diagnosed cases).

·
Registered
890 Posts
Found a report to explain the large increase in cases.

Horse****. They've been counting only those that have been symptomatic and have tested positive via the REALLY unreliable PCR test. As many as 2/3rds have a false negative under the best of conditions.

These aren't the best of conditions.

The outside world has NO idea of what is going on in China.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I had the H1N1 flu in 2009. I've never been so sick; it's something I'll never forget.

I do think that the numbers for this new Coronavirus are higher than what they're reporting. It'll gradually spread & impact the US more so in the next month or 2. We're not as densely populated like China so that'll be to our advantage.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Horse****. They've been counting only those that have been symptomatic and have tested positive via the REALLY unreliable PCR test. As many as 2/3rds have a false negative under the best of conditions.

These aren't the best of conditions.

The outside world has NO idea of what is going on in China.
They don’t lock down their most productive hubs for nothing. They locked down another province last week. Current count is 400 million under lock down only allowing 1 person out every 2 days for food.
The virus did stop all their protests for now.

I’m really surprised the stock market hasn’t taken a bigger hit.

Financial papers last week were reporting several auto manufacturers in several countries were going to have to start layoffs if production in China didn’t start back up in a couple weeks.

I haven’t watched the official event 201 pandemic exercise they had right before this started.
I started the first one of the and it was 1 hour long.
I’ll post Links if anyone wants to watch.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Total of 6 in the series.
Here’s the introduction 11 minutes long.

·
Banned
74 Posts
I admit I haven't really tuned in on this until I found out that one of my colleagues is on telework until the end of the month due to a stopover in Hong Kong, and I am off today for a building sanitization. No, no symptoms from anyone and no known contact during his stopover, but the immediate action did not escape my notice.

1 - 20 of 4245 Posts