Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I have been married for almost 3 years and I have had to deal with drugs, alcohol and verbal abuse during the past 3 years. He recently went to prison to serve out the remainder of his probation sentence but we still fought during phone conversations while he was gone. He turned his life over the Jesus while in prison and has been out for a week now. We both want our marriage to work and continue with the help of Jesus and pray every day and night together and separately. I confessed last night to speaking with another man and having a short relationship with this man and my husband said that he forgives me and that he forgave me while he was in prison and that he understands and can see why I did what I did because of what he had put me through over the last years of our marriage. I know that it happened because I let it but I cried so many nights because I have felt so bad. Letting him know last night has lifted that pain that I have felt for doing wrong but now my fear is that my husband will not forget even when he has said he has forgiven me. I am turning it over to the Lord to help us with this issue and my faults and we both want our marriage to work. Any advice to help me with my struggles over this one and only incident?

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Well, to be sure you have betrayed him in a most cruel way and in the end only time will tell if he can trust you or really forgive you.

As for you, all you can do is earn his trust and faith in you every day. Complete transparency, understanding the never ending concerns over your betrayal... Just remember that now you are the criminal and he is the victim. Your probation is every day for the rest of your life. Such irony.

If you can remember all this and learn from your betrayal, never place yourself in a position to betray again and if he can truly forgive you, then it'll turn out well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.