Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curiorious to find out the contributions of you and your partner into your relationship.

Feel free to give percentages instead of dollar figures.
Work: Who works more hours, the tougher job and who brings home a bigger paycheck?

Who does the most work in the home (include cleaning, trash, cooking, mowing the lawn, fixing the house/car(s))?

Who does the most child care you/them/shared (how many hours per day or week do each of you put into actual child care)?

draconis

·
Registered
30 Posts
Curiorious to find out the contributions of you and your partner into your relationship.

Work: Who works more hours, the tougher job and who brings home a bigger paycheck?

Who does the most work in the home (include cleaning, trash, cooking, mowing the lawn, fixing the house/car(s))?

Who does the most child care you/them/shared (how many hours per day or week do each of you put into actual child care)?

draconis
Well my husband works two full time jobs, and I am a stay at home mom. So he basically pays all the bills and I care for the baby 100%. On his days off he and our son play, but I'm pretty much the one who does all the tending to.

We do laundry together at his mom's house once a week, since we live in an apartment.

I'm suppose to do the house cleaning, but admit I have been pretty lazy about that lately. But I am trying to get better at it.

·
Registered
8 Posts

draconis
We both work full time but DH definitely works more hours and has a tougher job - he's a contruction crew foreman. His makes $8 more an hour than I do so his checks are definitely bigger!

I do most of the work around the house. I do the laundry (he does do his own work clothes most of the time), I mow the lawn, dishes, cook (when I can), run the kids around... and just about everything else.

I feel like I do most of the childcare. I'm usually the one who is home more. When he is home they will all still come to me for help or questions. They will walk right passed him to find me!

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WHile the kids choose you by what they are taught. You are normally there to do it so they are use to you. Send them to the father more and maybe they will program when dad is there he handles x so why bother the middle man (you).

draconis

·
Registered
19 Posts
Before we had our baby who is now 8 months old, both of us were working and the percentage share was almost 50-50 in everything. I mean the pay brought home, the daily chores, even cooking my husband loves to do ti when I am busy. Now I am a stay at home mom for a while till baby is a little more older, so I am caring for the home and he is bringing the pay checks....now outdoor work his contribution is 80% and indoor that is mine.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
My husband works a full time job and then two nights a week he is at at parttime one. I am a stay at home mom. I do most of the day to day things with the boys and the everyday housecleaning. But he does the lawn, garbage, maintenance on house and car and helps with the laundry. On the nights that he is home he tries to help out with the homework and dishes. I really cannot complain all that much. The only complaint I would say I have is he is not to good with money so I end up with the paying of all the bills and making sure he sticks to a budget which is not easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.