Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, who thinks divorce is contagious? Divorcing my husband had not even entered my mind until I had lunch with a close friend. She announced she was getting a D and gave me the details over lunch. I promise you on the way back to the office I suddenly began thinking I should probably go ahead and divorce my H. In all honesty I no longer love him and there have been OM. I had lunch with her Wednesday and since that time all I’ve thought about was yes, I need to go ahead with a D. I’ve been through it before so I know the drill. Have a D talk with my H and make an appointment with an attorney. That should get things started.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great.

When you have the talk with your H tell him to come here for advice.

We will show him how to deal with his cheating and deceiving POS wife.
STBX can deal with his own problems regarding our D. I don't appreciate the reference to a POS wife. Not necessary.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remember to tell him how you've been cheating on him then and don't blame shift!
Posted via Mobile Device
Now why would I want to go and admit ANYTHING? Of course the D is partially his fault. If he had taken care of things in the bedroom I would not have looked outside the marriage.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow. What was the purpose of this post? :lol: Damn.
>Well, who thinks divorce is contagious? Divorcing my husband had not even entered my mind until I had lunch with a close friend.<

Peer pressure involved in the divorce decision process, perhaps?

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
Perhaps for dead marriages or weak people. Is this middle school? What? I don't get it.

I read about divorce on here all the time and I'd not divorce my man ;)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Contagious! Yes indeed.

When my wife mentioned the D word, her sister who she works with and spends too much time with was breaking up with her boyfriend.

One of my sisters confided in me that early in her marriage one of her coworkers was going through divorce and had her start going down the same path. She came to her senses and is now happily married for over 35 years.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I just can't see how it can be contagious. If you love your mate, your friend's divorce will not make you want to divorce o_O ...I have been single for a long time. I wouldn't go back to that just because my friends are divorcing :rofl:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just can't see how it can be contagious. If you love your mate, your friend's divorce will not make you want to divorce o_O ...I have been single for a long time. I wouldn't go back to that just because my friends are divorcing :rofl:
Of course I didn't decide on a divorce because my friend is divorcing. But it started me considering a divorce whereas previously it had never crossed my mind.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
Why not though? Divorce is an every day situation. You are cheating. Why would you stay? Selfish reasons, I'm sure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why not though? Divorce is an every day situation. You are cheating. Why would you stay? Selfish reasons, I'm sure.
You're right. My reasons for staying were selfish. OK, so now I'm doing the right thing and divorcing my H.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Contagious! Yes indeed.

When my wife mentioned the D word, her sister who she works with and spends too much time with was breaking up with her boyfriend.

One of my sisters confided in me that early in her marriage one of her coworkers was going through divorce and had her start going down the same path. She came to her senses and is now happily married for over 35 years.
Thanks for your comments. Happy you worked things out with the W.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Are you really looking for advice or for someone to tell you its ok? Because you won't find it here. I among others are devastated to be going through this horrible thing called divorce. Do you have children? Does your husband know you've cheated? Did you talk to him about your needs in the bedroom? People are not mind readers. Do you think you're life will be better? Do you think about all the friends and money you will lose? All the respect you will lose when people find out what you did? Do you think about how HE is feeling and what this will do to his life? Do you think how YOU will feel when your husband finds a new woman to "replace" you? Are you thinking at all? You're obviously a grown woman since you are married, don't blame peer pressure. Your husband did not make you cheat, he wasn't there to pull down your pants and put a man on top of you. GET HELP before you ruin countless lives.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
>Well, who thinks divorce is contagious? Divorcing my husband had not even entered my mind until I had lunch with a close friend.<

Peer pressure involved in the divorce decision process, perhaps?
no, not contagious, but possibly enabling, just a little more justification in your mind for the decisions to break your vows.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you really looking for advice or for someone to tell you its ok? Because you won't find it here. I among others are devastated to be going through this horrible thing called divorce. Do you have children? Does your husband know you've cheated? Did you talk to him about your needs in the bedroom? People are not mind readers. Do you think you're life will be better? Do you think about all the friends and money you will lose? All the respect you will lose when people find out what you did? Do you think about how HE is feeling and what this will do to his life? Do you think how YOU will feel when your husband finds a new woman to "replace" you? Are you thinking at all? You're obviously a grown woman since you are married, don't blame peer pressure. Your husband did not make you cheat, he wasn't there to pull down your pants and put a man on top of you. GET HELP before you ruin countless lives.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry to hear of your unhappiness during your divorce. You certainly ask a lot of questions! Yes I have a three, almost 4 yr old from my first marriage. Yes we covered his shortcomings in the bedroom twice. He would improve just a bit and then back to the usual. My husband has no idea I'm cheating. I plan to keep it that way. I don't plan to lose any respect or $$$$ due to the D. H will remarry and have a family I'm certain. And that's perfectly OK with me. I'm not blaming peer pressure for our D. I was simply pointing out I had not even considered a divorce until my friend told me the details of hers. I would imagine you and I differ on most topics. But then that's OK is'nt it? I just don't see where I'm ruining anyone's life. And finally: NO, he did not pull my pants down. LOL

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no, not contagious, but possibly enabling, just a little more justification in your mind for the decisions to break your vows.
I really don't feel I needed any justification or enablement for breaking my vows. But thank you for pointing that out.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Wow, are you really that niave?? I asked all those questions because those are the questions I wish my H would think about or thought about before he did what he did and quite frankly I wish I would have thought about them too. It takes two to make a marriage and two to break it. Own up to some of the responsibility. And you laugh at cheating on your spouse???? That is very heartless of you. Do you think at least what this could do to your children?? How old are you? Are you seeing a therapist? You should because I think you need help.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.