Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My impression is there is a scale from commonly held conspiracy theories to rarely held. Roughly, from widely to less widely held:
- Global warming hoax
- Vaccine are poisoning us
- Chemtrails
- JFK was killed by FBI/CIA
- Moon landing was faked
- Flat Earth

The researcher below does not seem to have much intellectual respect for those
Science and Cocktails
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0963721417718261

- lower levels of analytic thinking
- lower level of educational achievement
- lower levels of self-percieved morality

I suspect there is a reasonable chance that one will be true. My thinking is swayed by the Hillsborough disaster, which was shown on TV and involved many spectators being crushed to death. Following the disaster, The Sun in co-operation with the Government and polics published that what was on TV did not happen and instead it was completely different. I thought this was a conspiracy, but most who believe in climate change being a hoax held with the version published in The Sun.

It also seems to be associated with being male and politically with right wing populism. She mentions the function of blaming a few bad apples, which fits with there being a natural proper way to the world and it is those conspriacy people who are ruining it. System justification does explain why it is associated with the right.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
As far as aerosol spraying, aka chem trails;

The idea of spraying particles in the sky to dim the sun is no longer the subject of conspiracy theory websites and is not only being reported in the mainstream media, but advocated for. This week, CNBC put out a video titled How Bill Gates-Funded Solar Geoengineering Could Help End Climate Change.

The video is nothing short of an infomercial for chemtrails. It is truly bizarre how this subject has moved from the fringes of conspiracy circles and into the mainstream and no one is even batting an eye. Now that Bill Gates has endorsed and funded it, the world is suddenly open to the idea of attempting to modify the planet’s weather by spraying chemicals into the atmosphere to block out the sun.
Even Harvard university has plans to spray calcium carbonate.

Vaccines; depending on a persons allergies a vaccine could very well make them sick or kill them.

Reactions: ConanHub

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TDS is real, and Epstein didn't kill himself.

Fact.
To take TDS.

I am sympathetic to a certain extent. To many liberals, Trump is the embodiment of the old days. He represents an old hierarchy that they see as being like an abusive step dad. Hence a very emotional response.

On the other hand, we have others who will accept to criticism of him. To them, he is the embodiment of the old days. He represents an old hierarchy that they see as being like an strict but loving Father who we should obey as he knows best. Hence a very emotional response.

·
Premium Member
24,996 Posts
To take TDS.

I am sympathetic to a certain extent. To many liberals, Trump is the embodiment of the old days. He represents an old hierarchy that they see as being like an abusive step dad. Hence a very emotional response.

On the other hand, we have others who will accept to criticism of him. To them, he is the embodiment of the old days. He represents an old hierarchy that they see as being like an strict but loving Father who we should obey as he knows best. Hence a very emotional response.

Trump embodies many of the conspiracies you listed earlier and even more.

If he were at slightly curious about serious issues both domestic and foreign I could tolerate his bombastic tone. But the man is our “crazy uncle” spewing conspiracy after conspiracy and also telling us how great he is. I don’t care how great he is, I would rather he demonstrate how he will work for all Americans (not just those who voted for him).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
The reason they often ask if you have an egg allergy prior to certain vaccines.

They never ask about chemical allergies though. :frown2:

·
Premium Member
24,996 Posts
When it comes to vaccines, yes there are occasional adverse affects. But, these are minimal compared to incidences of adverse affects due to potential pandemics. So, vaccines like all medicine are based on a benefit vs risk factors; nothing is absolute.

Before the widespread use of vaccines, it was estimated that an infectious pandemic would run through populations every 40 - 60 years. One could possibly suggested this culls the many tribes for a stronger gene pool and keeps populations in check. It also means that we have to recognize the cruelty of biology, sacrifice of the few for the entire species. Certainly not based on any conspiracy.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Which chemicals should medical professionals inquiry about?

Depending on the person: Thimerosal, Formaldehyde, polysorbate 80, potassium aluminum sulfate, neomycin sulfate, to name a few.

Reactions: karole

·
Premium Member
24,996 Posts
Depending on the person: Thimerosal, Formaldehyde, polysorbate 80, potassium aluminum sulfate, neomycin sulfate, to name a few.

The first one as I recall is used only in the flu virus. In the US, formaldehyde is no longer used. Most of the others are in trace amounts that it still falls under the benefits vs risk. And, among the majority, the benefits outweigh the risk by a wide margin.

·
Premium Member
24,996 Posts
From a risk vs benefit, one is at higher risk of x-ray exposure than they are from vaccines. From a population standpoint, we are at greater risk from the overuse of antibiotics. And, yet few question their physician when these tests or prescriptions are given.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
The first one as I recall is used only in the flu virus. In the US, formaldehyde is no longer used. Most of the others are in trace amounts that it still falls under the benefits vs risk. And, among the majority, the benefits outweigh the risk by a wide margin.

Considering most people don’t know it exists;
Vaccine injury compensation fund: Total compensation paid over the life of the program is approximately $4.2 billion.
That’s a lot of money taxpayers are on the hook for.

Vaccinations for life threatening is one thing but forcing chicken pox vaccine?? LoL

Thimerasol is actually in 3 vaccines.

Reactions: karole and OnTheFly

·
Premium Member
24,996 Posts
Considering most people don’t know it exists;
Vaccine injury compensation fund: Total compensation paid over the life of the program is approximately $4.2 billion.
That’s a lot of money taxpayers are on the hook for.

Vaccinations for life threatening is one thing but forcing chicken pox vaccine?? LoL

Thimerasol is actually in 3 vaccines.

Thimerosal was taken out of childhood vaccines in the United States in 2001. Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccines do not and never did contain thimerosal. Varicella (chickenpox), inactivated polio (IPV), and pneumococcal conjugate vaccines have also never contained thimerosal.

However, I agree the need for chicken pox vaccines are not necessary, but shingles vaccine likely benefits and outweighs any risk in adults.

I still think the biggest issue with vaccines is that is has not allowed the culling of the human genetic pool. Let’s just say 7.7 billion may be too much.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
From a risk vs benefit, one is at higher risk of x-ray exposure than they are from vaccines. From a population standpoint, we are at greater risk from the overuse of antibiotics. And, yet few question their physician when these tests or prescriptions are given.

The medical profession has probably overused antibiotics and blunted their effectiveness, but my understanding is the agricultural industry has done it to a far, far worse degree.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts