Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
19,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was discussing with UpnDown/UpnOver (soon to be UpnIn;)), I've been threadless for some time.

Janie and I have been living separately for about one year. We had a rocky first shot at her moving back in October before last, as we disconnected on the issues of stepchildren, opposite sex friendships, and general respect.

As I've told many of you, the best way to learn this stuff is to teach it.

For the past 6 months, we've been seeing each other every other day and we stay together when the kids are visiting their father.

I'm pleased to say, we both want more.

In that spirit, we're going to focus on our relationship together (likely for the first time) in a constructive effort to build it. And, she requested that she have my full attention.

This is the woman I love, and I have no way of denying her my full attention if she's ready to receive it. So, my answer was "yes". We're going to be studying Love Languages, His Needs Her Needs, and other similar texts. We'd welcome any suggestions our friends here may have.

What I'm telling my friends here is that I'm going to be scarce for at least 3 months. And, I cannot say that time may not get extended, depending on our situation. I just disabled private messaging, so it's nothing personal. It's "across the board".

God does have a way of working in our lives.

So many of you have been "longer term" in our interactions. And, it seems that many fitting that description made such huge strides toward personal independence just in the last week! The timing of my announcement seems serendipitous. I celebrate each and every one of your personal victories.

Of course, there are those that WELCOME me being less active. I celebrate all of you as well;)

Please pray for Janie and me.

We really want this. And, we really love each other.

This is really a special subforum with many special people. What we've discovered together is that physical separation seems to "open the ears".

All you recent graduates don't run away too quickly. There's a fresh diet of this stuff to teach nearly every day. Consider yourselves graduate instructors.

Never lose heart. In this season, we must remember the promise that the light shines on in the darkness and the darkness has never put it out. Nor will it.

We have each other. And, it turns out, we have ourselves.

And, that's more than sufficient.

So long, for awhile.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Conrad,

Amazingly well said. I am so happy for you, and will definitely pray for you guys... And if you knew my take on religion until recently, you would know how much that means.

You've been such a good friend to so many strangers on this board. We will miss your contributions and your uncanny ability to say what we don't want to hear ... But truly need to.

Thanks and best of luck.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Conrad,

Words cannot express my gratitude for the insurmountable tough love and expert advice, that ultimately pushed me into the epitome of happiness.

I will, forever, be thankful for you.

Good luck and best wishes!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am so happy for you and I will pray for you and Janie. Thanks for all the great advice.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Dear Conrad. The very best to you and Janie.

I will miss your laconic post and sangfroid humor. Please come back and say hello every now and again.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Conrad,

I can not thank you enough for everything that you have done to assist me to move towards my personal happiness. Really, thank you. I wish nothing but the best for you and Janie in your life. I will pray for you both. Congratulations. You not deserve complete and utter happiness. You have given so many of us the tools that we need to move forward with our lives. Your contribution to this forum and to the individuals (and relationships) can never repaid. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Good luck in everything that you do.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Congrats on getting to this place with Janie, Conrad. I wish the very best for the both of you. You have the love, the wisdom, and the commitment -- you two can do this.

Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
16,572 Posts
You are one lucky guy to have Janie; Conversely, she's an even luckier woman to have you!

I know that the two of you are going to go through that study with flying colors, making both of you stronger and even more loving than you could ever imagine!

I might miss seeing you on here, but brother, I certainly can't ever forget you!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.