Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Welcome to TAM. There are many current/former military posters on this site. I read your entire story on S/I. So how are you doing lately CDR? I assume the D was finalized and the assets split evenly.
Yes, the final decree was six months ago. I never had any intention of trying to "work it out" with my XW. "Working it out" meant accepting that another man ****ed my wife while I was deployed, and folks, That. Is. Never. Going. To. Happen. In truth, I have no idea what would make any man willing to accept that, but that I guess is the mystery of the human condition.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
"Working it out" meant accepting that another man ****ed my wife while I was deployed, and folks, That. Is. Never. Going. To. Happen. In truth, I have no idea what would make any man willing to accept that, but that I guess is the mystery of the human condition.
Whenever I see a poster talking about how his/her spouse cheated on them "but we worked it out and moved on," I roll my eyes upward.

Translation: "We" didn't work anything out and move on. The poster simply chose to swallow a huge **** sandwich - along with the multitude of lies they were likely told by their cheater to diminish what really happened - because it was either that or leave their cheater. And obviously, most choose the sandwich rather than leave.

Good for you CDR, for knowing this was a deal breaker for you and not settling for anything less. I'm sure your heathen ways are a topic of discussion over on the super-duper secret SI Mod board, where the hardcore reconciliation cheerleaders are likely spinning out of control because you refused to become a Stepford Reconciler. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The admins, mods and "guides" will say with a straight face that there's no pro-R bias on that site... Completely ludicrous is what that is. And their pets are petted on. That "guide" literally called me out on something, the beta-boy actually used those words. When I told him not to get ahead of himself, a 24 hr ban and a ****ty message was posted to me from some admin about not "attacking" another member... I must define the word "attack" somewhat differently, ha ha. I wish I had found this site first a year ago last month.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
The admins, mods and "guides" will say with a straight face that there's no pro-R bias on that site... Completely ludicrous is what that is. And their pets are petted on. That "guide" literally called me out on something, the beta-boy actually used those words. When I told him not to get ahead of himself, a 24 hr ban and a ****ty message was posted to me from some admin about not "attacking" another member... I must define the word "attack" somewhat differently, ha ha. I wish I had found this site first a year ago last month.
LOL...this is what I picture whenever I hear about the mods rushing to 'protect' one of their own who was 'hurt by a poster's words'... :rofl:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I think TAM has become the gathering of all the misfits from SI.

Actually, I think SI's JFO forum is pretty decent. But once you get past that stage, GTFO. Its a sh*tshow. Be thankful you got banned. I spent countless hours trying to get those dumb sonof*****es to find their sack before I got banned. It's a losing battle...

·
Super Moderator
11,685 Posts
Look, brother.

I applaud your decisiveness in the face of infidelity. Had I returned from a deployment to find out my wife had taken up with another (which happened all too frequently to others, on every installation to which I was assigned), I would like to think my course of action would be much the same.

That said, you are entirely too intelligent for me to sit back and accept that you have no idea your language is abrasive and inflammatory.

You know it. Everyone else knows it. And that is exactly what got/gets you in trouble on SI. It isn't your 'what'; it's your 'how'.

While this may not seem like the warmest of welcomes, it is a welcome nonetheless. It is also an introduction to the most refreshing thing about this site (at least to me):

All people are subject to be called on their ****. It is an essential aspect of growth.

Welcome to TAM.
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I haven't seen her in more than a year, I have no contact with her family. That chapter of my life is 100% closed. The only thing I'd say is I wish her no ill, and I never wanted her to come to a bad end. Whether she's thriving or not is of no concern to me. Life marches on...
I know your story and both your threads from SI

Welcome...You will be more authentic here I think you will be a good contributor.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Sir, read your posts over at SI. I have great admiration as to how you handled your ex and her boyfriend. Too many times, the OM gets away scott free. I hope he despised losing everything over a roll in the hay, and if he is anything like a few of the other men who have lost because of an affair, at some point he said something to the effect that the affair/your ex was just not worth losing a career, a marriage, children, money and freedom. Hope his time in the stockade was memorable, maybe he made a new friend or two.

Welcome to TAM sir, there are a few ex military here who you should get to know. Cromer is one, No Longer Lonely Husband is another.
I seem to remember Cromer posting on his thread on SI

He has not been on TAM in a while though.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Look, brother.

I applaud your decisiveness in the face of infidelity. Had I returned from a deployment to find out my wife had taken up with another (which happened all too frequently to others, on every installation to which I was assigned), I would like to think my course of action would be much the same.

That said, you are entirely too intelligent for me to sit back and accept that you have no idea your language is abrasive and inflammatory.

You know it. Everyone else knows it. And that is exactly what got/gets you in trouble on SI. It isn't your 'what'; it's your 'how'.

While this may not seem like the warmest of welcomes, it is a welcome nonetheless. It is also an introduction to the most refreshing thing about this site (at least to me):

All people are subject to be called on their ****. It is an essential aspect of growth.

Welcome to TAM.

Wow Junkman I love when you play tough guy :grin2:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm familiar with your story and your postings on SI.
I admired how you handled your wife's infidelity.

Plus I always (always) thought you sent a clear and necessary message to others drowning in infidelity (and denial).
The mods on SI are crazy to discourage your voice.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Look, brother.

Welcome to TAM.

Sir, of course I'm aware how I come across, I have not the slightest concern for any of that. I'm sure it's a product of the environment in which I have thrived since I first arrived at the USNA for Plebe summer in 2000. Sparing the feelings of the weak and indecisive isn't something I'm going to do... In truth I hold back and simply say nothing much more than you probably imagine. If that sort is coddled, they'll wallow in their own **** indefinitely.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sir, of course I'm aware how I come across, I have not the slightest concern for any of that. I'm sure it's a product of the environment in which I have thrived since I first arrived at the USNA for Plebe summer in 2000. Sparing the feelings of the weak and indecisive isn't something I'm going to do... In truth I hold back and simply say nothing much more than you probably imagine. If that sort is coddled, they'll wallow in their own **** indefinitely.
Welcome aboard shipmate. How long did it take you to make O5, looks like 14 years or so? You must have busted your a$$ although your community is different from the average designation so your promotions are probably quicker. Awesome to have you with us!! :smile2:

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
It's possible I don't belong on an internet forum of this sort. I guess time will tell...
Nonsense, you are not any more blunt then I am.

I find that I just have to accept others being a blunt with me, and I try to be open enough to see if maybe their criticisms are right. There have been a few occasions at least for me where I have backed down because I wasn't translating what I wanted to say correctly.

Also some times blunt doesn't work, so maybe I am not the one to be having the conversation with.

·
Banned
6,889 Posts
The key to having no tact is that you cant stamp your feet and make a stink when someone else has no tact with YOU.

Otherwise you're kind of a baby and a hypocrite 😉

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Oops...sorry. Today is the last day of tax season in Canada. I have just e-filed my last 200 or so. The brain no longer functions well. edited.
File extensions as my accountant does for me. Less stress:smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
It's possible I don't belong on an internet forum of this sort. I guess time will tell...
Hell, let it rip. Honest opinions are appreciated by me. I have been called on the carpet for my jarhead intellect a time of two.>:)

41 - 60 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.