Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Good afternoon, folks. I've been on SI for a little over a year posting as "LtCdrLost", I told my story there as it unfolded. At this point I don't know how much I'm going to bother with posting there, I butt heads pretty regularly with the mods and there's a particular "guide" (another word for "teacher's pet" I think, ha ha) who seems to have a hard-on for me there. Doing the requisite "kissing up" apparently necessary for me to keep on there is not in my nature. So, if I can offer some not necessarily gentle help to betrayed's here, I'll try to do so.

This is an old thread (a zombie). Please read the post at this link.

https://talkaboutmarriage.com/new-member-forum-introduce-yourself/433195-coming-over-si-6.html#post20078949

EleGirl

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome CDR No Longer Lost!

I've read your story. Very unfortunate, but you handled it as well as anyone I've seen.

I generally agree with your advice, and given the nature of SI, I see why your direct, real world approach may get you in trouble over there.

I think you'll get along well around here, and it is good to have you.
Thank you, Sir. It was a **** sandwich I could've done without, but we dont get that choice do we? I'll try to counsel betrayed's to act in their best interest as I understand it. Weak, dithering BH's are in need of some intrusive leadership IMO.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I read your story and actually PMed you once or twice.. You are admirable as you show a lot of strength, courage, and strong decisive action. You should post it here and give us an update on how you are doing. Also, how has the ex moved on? Does she still bug you about reconciliation?

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read your story and actually PMed you once or twice.. You are admirable as you show a lot of strength, courage, and strong decisive action. You should post it here and give us an update on how you are doing. Also, how has the ex moved on? Does she still bug you about reconciliation?
Not at all, skerzoid. I recall your PM's and I remember you from SI. I'm on the other side of the country. And there's a new lady in my life, the Marine Intel Officer I dated before I left Va Bch. Another USNA Grad, a couple of grades behind me, which is a non-factor. I still occasionally lament that the XW wasn't who I thought she was, but a cross-country move, a promotion, and a new GF keeps that firmly in the far back recesses of my mind. BTW, I tried to post the link to my SI story, this site wouldn't allow me to post it. Maybe until my post count reaches a certain point?

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Which one is yours now?

Are you the Navy Seal?

Have you read on here?

Someone needs to rescue FloridaMan before he wastes the rest of his life in pain.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Hey man,
Glad you made it. There may be some kind of limit in this "Introduce yourself forum" but threads from SI have been posted on TAM before. Like I told you, I think this place will be a good fit.
@EleGirl might be able to answer why you couldn't post your thread. Might be good to write a one post overview of your story anyway, because if anyone ever handled it superbly it was you. A lot of people could be helped by that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome here Faithful..aka LCR....i followed your story and also share your exit from Si....welcome and i support your no nonsense advise....you're a good man!!

·
Administrator
42,544 Posts
Not at all, skerzoid. I recall your PM's and I remember you from SI. I'm on the other side of the country. And there's a new lady in my life, the Marine Intel Officer I dated before I left Va Bch. Another USNA Grad, a couple of grades behind me, which is a non-factor. I still occasionally lament that the XW wasn't who I thought she was, but a cross-country move, a promotion, and a new GF keeps that firmly in the far back recesses of my mind. BTW, I tried to post the link to my SI story, this site wouldn't allow me to post it. Maybe until my post count reaches a certain point?
A few months ago TAM was hit with spam attacks nightly, with hundreds of spam threads/posts. To prevent spam attacks of that magnitude we had to made it so that spammers (and/or spam bots) would not be able to do that any more. That's why a new members has to post in their forum first and wait a bit to get permissions to post in other TAM forums. And it's why you cannot post a link right now. I don't recall the parameters, but you have to have some number of posts to be able to post links. And, a new member cannot just make a bunch of quick posts to get to that magic number. It has to be more organic.

Give it a few more posts and you will be able to edit your post and add the link.

Trolls, spammers and such ruin things for everyone.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
What's SI? :smile2:
Same question, here. Apparently, we are the only two that do not know about SI.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Surviving Infidelity. An internet echo chamber of reconciliation and rug sweeping at the expense of common sense, self respect, etc. Dare speak plainly or point out bullpucky and get banned. In fact, getting banned on SI is almost a badge of honor.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.