Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
You think someone in the media was going to break the story and out the affair for him and that's why he's publicly acknowleding the affair as the reason for stepping down instead of the usual "I want to spend more time with my family" line.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You think someone in the media was going to break the story and out the affair for him and that's why he's publicly acknowleding the affair as the reason for stepping down instead of the usual "I want to spend more time with my family" line.
Yes...I have no idea who or how he was going to be exposed, whether by his own wife, a betrayed lover, a colleague, or the media--but someone was going to do it. I can't imagine he simply resigned on principle.

There is more to this story--but how much more we will find out, I wonder, given that it involves the CIA director.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
A West Point graduate, a 4-star General, distinguished career...now he'll be remembered for this. His poor wife. I Googled her. After seeing her picture I just know Joe Public out there will say she had it coming because she's plus sized. That's just the unkind and stupid comments people make when something like this makes the news.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
When you're that high up in the intelligence community lifestyles matter. The questions on the polygraphs that you have to take to maintain your clearance get very intrusive. There is definitely a back story there. Probably something that compromises his effectiveness as a leader in that organization. Those guys can't act like the rest of us.

Reactions: snap

·
Super Moderator
30,812 Posts
Unless his line would be: "I want to spend more time with someone else's family?":rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
It just goes to show that you can't put two people of the opposite sex together for extended periods of time and expect nothing to happen. If one is vulnerable (a male in his 60's) and the other is highly motivated (a female in her 40's and West Point graduate) you've all but fired the blasting cap that detonates the explosion.

I'm sure there'll be more to this story, but the basic ingredients won't change, a younger woman flattering an older powerful man, or an older powerful man wooing a younger woman, either way, it all turns out the same.

It's just a shame.

T

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Here is what I don't understand. I just watched the news update on this and they showed pics of the guy. He looks like a total dweeb. I understand he has power and all, but I still don't understand how a much younger woman would mess around with someone so far below her physically.

I have zero plans to cheat, but if I did it would be with a hot smokin babe. Not someone many steps below my wife.

I just don't get it.
According the General is very much into fitness. He supposedly runs a 6 minute mile. He isn't Brad Pitt, but he's fit, he has a lot of power and men with power attract women like her. John Edwards attracted his videographer and Petraeus his biographer. Older powerful man and younger attractive woman...that combination has been around forever. Her husband is her age, good looking and a doctor. I feel for him too.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Could this be the BH of Petraeus' Other Woman?
A Message From Beyond - NYTimes.com

MY WIFE’S LOVER

My wife is having an affair with a government executive. His role is to manage a project whose progress is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership. (This might seem hyperbolic, but it is not an exaggeration.) I have met with him on several occasions, and he has been gracious. (I doubt if he is aware of my knowledge.) I have watched the affair intensify over the last year, and I have also benefited from his generosity. He is engaged in work that I am passionate about and is absolutely the right person for the job. I strongly feel that exposing the affair will create a major distraction that would adversely impact the success of an important effort. My issue: Should I acknowledge this affair and finally force closure? Should I suffer in silence for the next year or two for a project I feel must succeed? Should I be “true to my heart” and walk away from the entire miserable situation and put the episode behind me? NAME WITHHELD

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Lest we forget that Obama has a pretty well documented history of tossing ALL his dutiful water carriers on the fire when it suits him. Loyalty is not his long suit. Petraeus took what was a demotion to bail out Obama after he fired Stanley McChrystal. Petraeus then bailed Obama out again when Panetta moved to replace Gates. What he could have done if he was a decent human being was quietly told the FBI to back off and gently told Petraeus to retire after lining up his replacement. But instead this has Valerie Jarrett's fingerprints all over it. She who on Wednesday of this week shrieked "We won, you lost, our friends are our friends and our enemies will be punished!!! We don't forget and neither will you!" Petraeus had a less than earnest response to the White House's nonsense about Bengazi and he was terminated with extreme prejudice.

Meanwhile Obama's friend, Kathryn Bigelow was given highly classified information in order to make her "I killed Osama" movie which aired two days before election day. This is what happens when your leader has a narcissistic personality disorder.

EDIT: THAT movie is not the one that was aired. That was the Harvey Weinstein production. Bigelow's movie is slated for release next month.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.