Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
It was planned and not done in a fit of rage. He said he knew when he put the girls to bed that night that after his wife got back from her sales trip a little later that he was going to kill all of them so he could be with his gf. And yet people who saw him with the girls at a birthday party that afternoon said he was his usual loving self with them. No hint at all of what he was planning to do about 12 hours later. But he knew and now he wonders why he didn’t stop it.

Now apparently he’s worried about the Netflix documentary, which is currently the most-watched, and how it makes him look. His family still is very vocal in their support of him — especially his mom who says many others also support him. And there are definitely Chris-groupies who blame his wife. They feel that he was a quiet, soft-spoken man who was stuck with a loud, demanding witch and just snapped. That’s not how it really was but they don’t care about the truth.

That case is the stuff of nightmares.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
@oldshirt I watched the Netflix one and the Criminal Investigation Channel (one we have in SE Asia) which was more insightful as it interviewed the police and the polygrapher and how they cornered him. He was definitely a psychopath of some sort. I agree totally about the signs and if she has someone wiser maybe she would have spotted them and still be alive. He was totally emotionless, an absolute monster. And aren't some people the way they treat their spouse in the middle of an affair?

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I mean, how would she have protected herself even if she did know he was cheating? It sounds like he came completely unhinged and killed them all. Maybe she did have proof and confronted him the day he killed them? The whole thing is so sick.
Exposure, he wouldn't dare do anything if others knew, just crawl back under his rock

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I followed this case from the day it happened, and knew he was a guilty sob immediately.

Can't blame Shanann's gf, even if she had flagged the possibility of infidelity, who the hell could have predicted the horrific outcome?
Especially the way he acted when the friends arrived and called the police to come, he was so nonchalant, it's like what???

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
Yeah, posters here do sometimes get jumped on when they "dare" to bring up the infidelity topic when someone is posting about their spouse being unloving or disengaged or suddenly wanting out of the relationship. There's a thread right now on General Relationships from a distraught woman whose husband suddenly blindsided her and told her he wants out and a poster in that thread got thumped for daring to bring up the possibility of infidelity.

I 100% agree with that poster (Diana) that the OP needs to consider that her husband is having an affair. I think she's going to eventually find out that Mr. Wonderful has a girlfriend and THAT'S why he's not sure if he wants to stay and go through IVF with her again, or hit the skids and run off to Unicorn Land with his girlfriend.
When a loving, affectionate spouse suddenly does a 180 and becomes unloving and distant for no reason or fault of the B.S., that person either got raped, saw a person get run over by a cement truck right in front of them... or they're cheating. We have seen this episode over and over and over again, like a M.A.S.H. rerun.

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
There is no execution painful enough for a POS like Chris Watts. I'm all for bringing back drawing and quartering.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Christopher Watts failed a polygraph test that led to a major break in the murder case

Discovery Documents from Weld County District Attorney's Office

Laura Richards, criminal behavioral analyst, domestic violence expert and co-host of the podcast “Real Crime Profile,” says, “When I was analyzing Shanann’s [Facebook] messages, it was always [about him]: ‘I’m so lucky to have you. You stuck with me. The girls are so lucky to have you.’ My analysis is that he felt less than.”

Richards continues, “He was a good-looking guy. People believe him because of the way that he looks, and Shanann is not alive to tell her story. He changed his story not once [or] twice, but three times. Why is it so unbelievable that Chris Watts could do this?”

on July 25, Watts Googled, “When to say I love you,” “When to say I love you for the first time in a new relationship,” “What do you feel when someone tells you they love you,” “How does it feel when someone says I love you?”

On August 13, the day of the murders (Watts is believed to have killed his family in the early morning), the discovery shows that Watts called his daughters’ school, Primrose. He told an administrator that the kids would no longer be attending there. He also called a realtor named Ann Meadows with the intention of selling the family home and downgrading to something smaller. When she suggested an option for him to check out, he said he would drive past it on his way home from work that day.

Chris has been getting heaps of fan mail in prison
One of the more disturbing elements of the discovery is the pile of fan letters (and occasional hate missives) Watts has received since landing in prison. Police noted, “The letters consisted of personal letters from people asking to be pen pals, some media requests and a couple of hate mails. Nothing of evidentiary value can be drawn from the correspondence.”

But the missives are fascinating for what they reveal about human behavior—and our obsession with all things crime. For example, one woman, who says she is serving a 13-year sentence for a “high-profile” financial crime, writes to Watts, “…I feel this connection to you…because the coverage and assumptions of you and your case make me irritated for you.” She then describes her height, weight and body type.

Another woman sends a bikini shot.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts