Votes: 18 36.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious for the married couples, how many children do you have and has it affected your sex life? My opinion is that the less kids you have, the more sex you have.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I have 3 and if it wasn't for the medications my husband is now taking, we'd be having much more sex than we are now. We are averaging once a week/once every two weeks... could EASILY be at least 3 times a week if not for that. Our kids are 11, 6, & 4. And when our youngest was a baby, we WERE having sex that frequently.

ETA: It isn't the number of kids you have that determines how much sex you have. It is determined by how much time you MAKE for each other. And yes, you CAN make time for each other if you CHOOSE to, even with a lot of kids.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
We have 2 ....and 2 dogs. lol.

Nothing stops us. Although, we should have named our youngest "C0ck block" cause she's good at knowing when we want to get it on :rofl: But we just lock the door. We're busy.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
We have two, 5 and 3. We have sex about 4 times a week, if no-one's sick and we're not fighting. We very rarely fight, but did just get past a bit of an issue last week.

After real babyhood, children don't need to affect sex. We had a looooong period of difficulty, including very little sex, but that was due to relationship issues, not our children.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The poll questions don't really correspond because not everyone who votes is going to respond. I agree with above. Look are people like the Duggars, obviously it has no effect on them, lol. I know someone with 4 kids and she goes at it like crazy.

I've found that as our kids get older there is more sex because it's easier to make time for each other, we can leave the kids at home while we go to a movie and dinner etc. without having to find a sitter and all of that.

I think in itself the statement "the more kids you have the less sex you have" is odd, because obviously you have more kids... and they come from somewhere! LOL

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I was curious for the married couples, how many children do you have and has it affected your sex life? My opinion is that the less kids you have, the more sex you have.
I can tell you... this purely depends on the couple , their sex drives and what priority they place upon the bedroom FUN.

We have 6 ...from Kindergarten to College age (5 still at home)....they don't slow us down.. (4 to 6 times a week for the last 4 yrs)

Now in our past, it wasn't always this way but it still had nothing to do with the kids, it had more to do with my husband being too passive & me doing dumb things like putting the kids in bed with us & having a book in my hands when he was feeling frisky, he felt rejected & rolled over...(half the time anyway)....

I always had the energy, never used the "tired" excuse either....kids didn't slow me down ... but I did, unfortunately, have my mind on other things -not exactly the erotic rolling around in the brain...except after so many days, this built up & I had to have it!

I didn't have my priorities straight back then.... Now I do...Finally.

.. I feel so long as a couple has a locked bedroom door... one can get creative to keep children entertained... there is absolutely no reason under the sun to not be banging as much as you can without kids.

·
Banned
7,548 Posts
Four, 29, 24, 21,20

3 to 4 times a week on average I suppose. Don't really count.

·
Registered
16,573 Posts
.. I feel so long as a couple has a locked bedroom door... one can get creative to keep children entertained... there is absolutely no reason under the sun to not be banging as much as you can without kids.
Confucious say: "Tis far better to be banging in bed than to have the kiddos banging on the bedroom door!"

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
I went on a date with a woman, and found out she had 8 kids I didn't run away at the spot but we both knew there would be no second date within moments after I asked the question.

Anyhow, I did keep chatting with her and asked her if at some point the a higher number actually becomes easier, and she said 5 was the magic number, that the older ones were able to help keep the younger ones in order and apparently she ran her home like the military.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Three kids here. It used to effect us a lot because wife got into the mommy mode. Now it doesn't at all. We figure it's a wonder example to make that mom and dad love each other. No, we aren't screaming when they can hear, but teenagers aren't dumb.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
We have four. Oldest is almost 17 younger ones just turned 9. Sex can be anywhere from 0 times a week to 7 times a week. We never had a lock on a bedroom door.

We adjusted our times to when the kids were sleeping, then later when school age, we went back to daytime sex, now they are either in school, sleeping, or outside.

When they were babies we prob had more quickies, and couldn't use the video camera as often (who wants to hear children crying in your home videos), and we had more oral.

With babies you just get touched out, so actual piv isn't a turn on, but oral, every one gets what they need.

Now we don't have quickies too often, and some nites we both get oral and some piv action.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I

Well, if you don't want to be banging the spouse too often, that is a reason.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I have one, aged 34. My ex wasn't that interested in sex before my pregnancy, and even less afterwards.

My elder sister, however, has 7 children (grown up and married, now), and there has always been deep love and unwavering passion between them:)

Where there's a will there's a way, and there's no reason why children should come in the way of physical intimacy.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
We lock the bedroom door. Our kids are old enough now to entertain themselves.

We even lock the door for one on one time too. It doesn't necessarily mean we need to have sex then. We take time for each other everyday/night.

I have 3 children. One is grown and out of the house. The other two are elementary and middle school aged. I wish I would of had another one, but I can't take that back. I love being a wife and a mother.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Four kids. Wife always used the kids as excuses, even as they got older. Bedroom door had a lock and the bedroom was on the other side of the house from the other bedrooms. Still nothing.

If a couple really want to have sex, they are going to figure out a way. If one doesn't, the kids/teen/young adults are an easy excuse to avoid it.

·
Banned
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I find it interesting that a lot of people have only one child. We only have one, and I'm at the point trying to decide whether to have more. A part of me wants one more and a part of me doesn't. I know our sex life will suffer if we do have one more.

I suppose I'm a bit selfish to have just one. Everyone always asks me when's the next one coming. I want to send my child or children to only private schools so it gets expensive.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I suppose I'm a bit selfish to have just one. Everyone always asks me when's the next one coming. I want to send my child or children to only private schools so it gets expensive.
I don't see anything wrong in deciding how many children you're happy with, Adex. My father had 6, and couldn't give a rat's ass about any of us. That's selfish, but limiting yourself to one child and giving that child a happy, loving childhood and a good education is not.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.