Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, news took little time to get to me this morning. Turns out that my cheating xw is now engaged to her AP. Funny, my daughter has told me sooo many times about how her mother and her boyfriend are against marriage and that both have stated so many times that neither will ever remarry. I've known for a very long time that she couldn't make it on her own and that she'd marry him if given the chance just to survive financially (she lived off of me for 20 years). So, I've officially been divorced for a whopping 4 months. I guess if any of her family or friends doubted that she had an affair, this pretty much cements it.

Just had to vent.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well, news took little time to get to me this morning. Turns out that my cheating xw is now engaged to her AP. Funny, my daughter has told me sooo many times about how her mother and her boyfriend are against marriage and that both have stated so many times that neither will ever remarry. I've known for a very long time that she couldn't make it on her own and that she'd marry him if given the chance just to survive financially (she lived off of me for 20 years). So, I've officially been divorced for a whopping 4 months. I guess if any of her family or friends doubted that she had an affair, this pretty much cements it.

Just had to vent.
Sorry. The good thing is once she marries you'll no longer need to pay alimony.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry. The good thing is once she marries you'll no longer need to pay alimony.
Alimony? What Alimony? I had her so scared about revealing all her love notes (texts) that she left the house and I only agreed to pay her half my retirement and child support. I only have 2 1/2 years of CS to pay. She just bought a house and can't afford it after child support is over.

·
Banned
9,914 Posts
Alimony? What Alimony? I had her so scared about revealing all her love notes (texts) that she left the house and I only agreed to pay her half my retirement and child support. I only have 2 1/2 years of CS to pay. She just bought a house and can't afford it after child support is over.
Maybe revelation time then? As a wedding gift?

·
Registered
307 Posts

Then the new guy will help pay for a home that will put a roof over your children's heads.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Then the new guy will help pay for a home that will put a roof over your children's heads.
My son (almost 19) lives with me and my daughter spends a lot of time with me. Her AP's house I'm told is a dump so I'm sure he'll be moving in with my XW. Don't think my daughter will enjoy that too much. My XW had her convinced that they were just friends despite what I told her. I guess she knows now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My son (almost 19) lives with me and my daughter spends a lot of time with me. Her AP's house I'm told is a dump so I'm sure he'll be moving in with my XW. Don't think my daughter will enjoy that too much. My XW had her convinced that they were just friends despite what I told her. I guess she knows now.
Then maybe both your kids will move in with you and then she'll have to pay you child support.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, just make sure the daughter knows she can move in any time.
Believe me, I've told her many times that I will never "campaign" to get her to live with me but if at any time she wants to, she doesn't even have to ask, she can just show up or call. She understands completely.

And wouldn't that be icing on the cake, if my XW had to pay ME child support.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Believe me, I've told her many times that I will never "campaign" to get her to live with me but if at any time she wants to, she doesn't even have to ask, she can just show up or call. She understands completely.

And wouldn't that be icing on the cake, if my XW had to pay ME child support.
It will be more than icing.

I had a dad who moved to another state so he wouldn't have to spend time with me and my brother. (He even admitted to it.) Now his life is a disaster because he put freedom and materialism before family.

However, you can have it all. A nice house, loving children to nurture and grow. Kids stay at home much longer now and will need the guidance of a loving stable parent. You can have a quality life that will bring lasting joy and contentment. She will be the one who'll look back at her crummy decisions and be filled with regret, not you.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
I don't have anything though. I bluffed and bluffed and bluffed. She thinks I have copies of emails, FB chats, texts and VAR recordings. I knew enough and bluffed the rest. :smthumbup:
Remind me never to play poker with you brother. Wow.

:allhail:

Reactions: MattMatt

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I asked my son about it this morning and he was shocked that I knew. The XW had sworn my kids to secrecy. He asked how I knew. All I told him was that if she doesn't want the world to know, don't post it on Facebook!! I'm not on Facebook anymore due to her using it for her affair. And she hides all posts except to people she's friends with. Funny though, her brother in law works for me and his daughter is friends with the XW on FB. It all gets back to me. I'm sure the XW will be scratching her head for a long time wondering how I get all my information. I'll never tell:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.