Talk About Marriage banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Speaking of flight attendants, those poor people get hit on nonstop.
You really feel sorry for them? I doubt they feel sorry for themselves. Let me share a typical line I might read on OLD....."flight attendant, in town for a couple days, lets get together and see what happens"...... I don't know about you, but those sorts of lines don't sound like they are exhausted and need a 12hr nap before they head back to the fam dam.

I have no idea if they are really single or married. I just stay away because it sounds like STD city to me. Too much risk. But most of them are damn cute!

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
You really feel sorry for them? I doubt they feel sorry for themselves. Let me share a typical line I might read on OLD....."flight attendant, in town for a couple days, lets get together and see what happens"...... I don't know about you, but those sorts of lines don't sound like they are exhausted and need a 12hr nap before they head back to the fam dam.

I have no idea if they are really single or married. I just stay away because it sounds like STD city to me. Too much risk. But most of them are damn cute!
I don't fly anymore but when I did I could see the disdain on their faces when they were being hit on. But of course it depends by who and how drunk they are! They lead miserable lives of living in basically bunk houses a lot of them these days.

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
My XW was a teacher. 11-16 year olds. Whilst we were together c. 1970-1990 she taught at four schools. In every one there was a culture of sexual infidelity. In the first, all girls, the few males made hay (including at least one with a pupil), at the second she was befriended by a female colleague in an open marriage. The final two were co-ed, staff rooms probably 50-50 but both with mainly male senior staff. Female staff who didn't put out tended not to get the middle management jobs and income.
I was going to say, the two college professors I've known pretty well certainly weren't bothering with the female staff members but were flirting with students.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I haven't worked in healthcare but when single did sleep with quite a few nurses after one short hospital stay. There were multiple that followed up personally, and a couple were regulars in my bed for months.
I have many fond memories of RNs from when I worked at a hospital.

Sweet, loving, empathetic, great in bed! GRRrrrrrrRRROOOWW!

And they get free drugs that patients leave behind!

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have many fond memories of RNs from when I worked at a hospital.

Sweet, loving, empathetic, great in bed! GRRrrrrrrRRROOOWW!

And they get free drugs that patients leave behind!
Now Noman, do you get a little carried away with the pills? You mentioning, coupled with your profile pic is interesting........................

·
Registered
113 Posts
Now Noman, do you get a little carried away with the pills? You mentioning, coupled with your profile pic is interesting........................
@bobsmith, sadly they never shared with me. That wasn't what I was interested in, anyway.

I remember being at one nurse's apartment, she & her nurse roommate moved the couch for some reason & there was a pill laying on the carpet. She got a little excited. I don't remember what it was, but she certainly knew what it was.

Ahhhh, those were GOOD times. That's where I learned how comfortable hospital scrubs are as PJs.

Dammit, you're making me nostalgic!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Considering something above 40% of all marriages are impacted by infidelity I imagine almost any occupation could be mentioned.
And there is no shortage of jobs that professionals and blue collar workers are required to travel extensively. Any job imo that requires travel does create more opportunities which create more fooling around. Not even a question.

And hospitals to me are same, with potential long hours, multiple day shifts.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Considering something above 40% of all marriages are impacted by infidelity I imagine almost any occupation could be mentioned.
True and even though there was a lot of infidelity in the corporate world there was also decent amount of people who didn't believe in fishing off the company pier and risk losing their job. Where as I didn't see that attitude around cooks and servers because they could literally go down the road and get another job at a different restaurant the next day.

·
Registered
688 Posts
True and even though there was a lot of infidelity in the corporate world there was also decent amount of people who didn't believe in fishing off the company pier and risk losing their job. Where as I didn't see that attitude around cooks and servers because they could literally go down the road and get another job at a different restaurant the next day.
You know, that's a very good point. In my HS and college time working in retail, the fooling around was rampant at least between the young and single crowd, and some older cashiers.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You know, that's a very good point. In my HS and college time working in retail, the fooling around was rampant at least between the young and single crowd, and some older cashiers.
Yep, retail too. I think another part to it is the high turnover you have as well. Sure things might not work out with the hot new cashier, but chances are she'll be gone in 6 months anyways.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm probably going to be skewered for saying this but I recall reading something about how folks who are active military have higher instances of infidelity. Perhaps it is the opportunity that travel for work presents? But I guess the same could be true for a lot of professions that involve travel and a lot of time apart.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I'm probably going to be skewered for saying this but I recall reading something about how folks who are active military have higher instances of infidelity. Perhaps it is the opportunity that travel for work presents? But I guess the same could be true for a lot of professions that involve travel and a lot of time apart.
I was my experience that the SPOUSES of military members where the ones sleeping around while their partners were deployed. The old joke was, "There is a lot of breaking up going on the night before the troops return home."

·
Registered
782 Posts
I was my experience that the SPOUSES of military members where the ones sleeping around while their partners were deployed. The old joke was, "There is a lot of breaking up going on the night before the troops return home."
Unfortunately that was my experience as well.

For active military it's usually traveling with your unit to places you'd never otherwise want to go. Perhaps the item she read was talking about military marriages in general having more infidelity due to the soldier being gone and the spouse having lots of opportunity.

·
Registered
16,676 Posts
While I was separated from my wife, I dated a bit. One of the things I noticed was there seemed to be a disproportionate amount of, health care workers, teachers and horse owners.

I reasoned this was likely because, all three had a passion that came before a relationship in terms of importance and so contributed to previous relationship breakdowns.

Now obviously this was based on a limited sample size in my area. So im prepared to accept there is no correlation. However I was curious to know if others have observed this for any or all of the above.

Or have alternative theory to explain the disproportion
There are definitely some that handle being in a medical career with class but anyone involved in first responder/emergency medical care/stressful life and death situations is more vulnerable to relationships (above board or not) with coworkers and those they interact with in the process of doing their work.

Those vocations are thick with promiscuity and infidelity.

I can't speak personally about teachers and horse people but I've heard the same for them.

I'm sure any group that relies on each other with stress, excitement and cooperation in the mix is more vulnerable to sexual misbehaving.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts