Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering this!

Our resolution to one another for the "New Year" was.. to be honest, open and TRANSPARENT! He liked this idea completely and I thought we were on a great start.

Spoke to soon.

Here we are 23 days into the New Year and this fool of a woman has been texting him every morning since! They even met at the grocery store to shop. He never mentioned anything about it.
So much for honesty,openness and TRANSPARENCY!!! I would have never known if I hadn't decided to look at his cell phone.

So my question. Has anyone used cell phone spyware? I understand it runs stealth and you receive all text messages, call log, gps enabled and it even can be activated to listen to surrounding noise and conversations.

Thanks in advanced to all suggestions.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
My suggestion is to check the laws in your state first.

·
Banned
8,908 Posts
And specify here what kind of phone. Have you started by just looking at an online history/bill?

C
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And specify here what kind of phone. Have you started by just looking at an online history/bill?

C
Posted via Mobile Device
Unfortunately our phone carrier does not offer online history because it is a no contract service.

He plans on getting a new smartphone which I will have to help him figure out the new features.I figure at that time i could install the software. The phone is in my name so I don't think it would be considered illegal to do this. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The phone is in my name so I don't think it would be considered illegal to do this. But I could be wrong.

That would be wrong. Property law does not trump privacy law and intercepting the telecommunications of another adult without their permission is usually illegal regardless of whether you own the equipment or not.

The confusing part of the question is whether this applies to interspousal relations. It varies from state to state, so talk to someone who would know.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
That would be wrong. Property law does not trump privacy law and intercepting the telecommunications of another adult without their permission is usually illegal regardless of whether you own the equipment or not.

The confusing part of the question is whether this applies to interspousal relations. It varies from state to state, so talk to someone who would know.
Typically, if she owns the equipment and informs users that activity on it may be monitored, then if they use it they've consented.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
If it were me, I wouldn't give a crap about the law and I'd just do it. You wait to do all this research and he'll be banging her before you know it. That aside, why don't you just throw his damn ass out and say, if you want her so bad, have her!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Typically, if she owns the equipment and informs users that activity on it may be monitored, then if they use it they've consented.
Prior disclosure would pretty much defeat the purpose of installing this software don't you think?

If it were me, I wouldn't give a crap about the law and I'd just do it. You wait to do all this research and he'll be banging her before you know it. That aside, why don't you just throw his damn ass out and say, if you want her so bad, have her!
It depends on where you live and what you have to lose. If your cheating spouse finds out, they can turn around a bring a civil suit against you after a divorce. They can use the threat of a civil suit as a lever in a divorce proceeding.

It could also be prosecuted criminally if your state has laws in place against it. The state of Texas has handed out four year prison sentences for installing this genre of software on PCs.

I'm not an attorney, just an I.T. person who gets asked to verify the existence of this software fairly often.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well at this point I really don't give a crap anymore. I've said to him several times, If shes what you want, go live with her. He tells me no every time. I love you he says. I'm perplexed. He carries on, with what i would consider very intimate conversations by text.

Anyway I think I will try this spyware.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Prior disclosure would pretty much defeat the purpose of installing this software don't you think?

It depends on where you live and what you have to lose. If your cheating spouse finds out, they can turn around a bring a civil suit against you after a divorce. They can use the threat of a civil suit as a lever in a divorce proceeding.

It could also be prosecuted criminally if your state has laws in place against it. The state of Texas has handed out four year prison sentences for installing this genre of software on PCs.

I'm not an attorney, just an I.T. person who gets asked to verify the existence of this software fairly often.
I live in Ca. I think it would be common practice here.(sarcasm)

Since you are an IT person are you able to tell me if such software is easy to install and use?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Well at this point I really don't give a crap anymore. I've said to him several times, If shes what you want, go live with her. He tells me no every time. I love you he says. I'm perplexed. He carries on, with what i would consider very intimate conversations by text.

Anyway I think I will try this spyware.
If you already know and feel his texts are inappropriate, I'm not sure why you need to have spyware running on his phone. What else are you trying to find out that you don't already know?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Why do you need spyware? He's either having an affair or he's right about to. Another woman texting him all of the time is inappropriate, period. Meeting her anywhere (especially secretly) is inappropriate. He's cheating. You already have your answer. I'm so sorry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.