Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am 41, single, never married, no kids. I chose a career in newspapering, and 23 years later I am out of a career.

I'm also without wife or kids or all of the things I wanted as a 15-year-old.

Did I wait too long?

These days I'm managing an art gallery in Bennington. And Bennington is very small. I wonder if I'm pigeon-holing myself yet again.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Eh.. you are young.

I dont know much about the financial exploits of art galleries - but I have seen a couple go under.. seems to me a very tricky biz to be in. Sometimes it doesnt matter since wealthy people buy art in any economy - sometimes it does if the demand for your particular niche dries up.

Newspaper industry is a total disaster.

(off topic - I read a book recently called 'the imperfectionists' the newspaper industry was sort of the background for it. Interesting read.

So what are your options - find something else?

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
My FIL didn't get married until he was 41 and he went on to have 3 kids. My MIL was 10 years younger than him and they had kids quickly. All of them are 1.5 years apart. They both were career driven and married late.

They were married for 49 years until my MIL passed away last spring.

It's not too late.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
There is no reason that you cana't have both. Just put yourself out there.
This. I know many 40-sometging guys dating early 30s girls and getting married and having kids. Most EXTREMELY happy. My only advice is be prepared to move fast in the relationship....dont waste eachothers time if she isn't a match.

Good luck! :)

Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.