Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
6,888 Posts
I don't know if this is true of TAM, but at other places, if you attempt to PM someone who has blocked you, you will get a notice about them not accepting PM's or something.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, you posting here answered my question really. I was curious if I upset you enough that you blocked me, since we usually post in similar threads. It made me sad to think that it could have happened and I am glad it didn't.

·
Banned
6,888 Posts
Well, you posting here answered my question really. I was curious if I upset you enough that you blocked me, since we usually post in similar threads. It made me sad to think that it could have happened and I am glad it didn't.
No, not at all.

I am ashamed to say this, but I don't do well controlling my triggers on TAM. I sometimes call it my *****y place. Which isn't fair to any of you, of course.

But I usually don't even remember what I ranted about later....

Not proud of that, but it's honest.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's all good. I went too far with my post anyway and I admit that.

However, I hate to think that did something to upset another person. That is most likely part of my recent diagnosis if it is what I actually have.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
It's all good. All my moods sort of puke all over the forum.
I don't know how? I've been trying to block Nobody since a reply to her nearly got me permaband.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I don't know how? I've been trying to block Nobody since a reply to her nearly got me permaband.
Maybe if you click on the person's username there is an option to block so you don't see their posts?

I think you still see when they are quoted though.

You can block me as a test lol :D

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I don't think you can click on a user name to add them to the ignore list. That would be a nice option. You have to go here:

User CP --> Settings & Options --> Edit Ignore List

·
Banned
6,888 Posts
I don't think you can click on a user name to add them to the ignore list. That would be a nice option. You have to go here:

User CP --> Settings & Options --> Edit Ignore List
Yes, this is how it is done, and you cannot do it in the mobile view. I have done it a few times, but I can't stand the curiosity so I always undo it lol.

·
Super Moderator
28,758 Posts
It's accessed by visiting Tools, then clicking on User CP, then finding Settings & Options, then finding Edit Ignore List and following the instructions there.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
They may not understand your alternative type of marriage (neither do I; but, I don't have a dog in that fight and it's none of my business so I don't ask).
Ah not understanding. May that be the worst thing that happens to them on any given day.

ETA: Early morning coffee thoughts sometimes pop stuff into my head.

I have often thought that my marriage is difficult for other people since it is happy for both of us and we don't follow any of the rules laid down by this "society" thing people talk about. Like it is somehow unfair that after following the rules, they were miserable, and here we are happy after 25 years. The vitriol I get about my marriage, no doubt, says way more about the people who are torqued than it does about me and my DH.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
They may not understand your alternative type of marriage (neither do I; but, I don't have a dog in that fight and it's none of my business so I don't ask).
IDK, I don't see her frequently broadcast it, so I am sure it is something else :D All jokes aside, do people really hate other people on TAM? I mean, I get that there are different personalities and you may not agree with what a person has to say. To hate some random internet person just seems odd to me, as it indicates that this person somehow has an actual impact on your persona life. Strange, but I honestly can't think of anyone in general (internet or real life) that I hate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts