Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think you could be in a long-distance romance where all you talked about was your day-to-day activities and not about sex at all? I think I am in the best relationship of my life. It is a long-distance romance and I have someone that I can really actually TALK to and not even throw sex in the mix. I have been there with this person, however, and I know that it is all that! But when we talk, that is what we do, talk! Due to our current circumstances, we can't be together, but we will be, trust me. I love this man with all my heart!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with that.
I can think of days that me and my spouse didn't talk about sex or didnt have sex or didnt have sexual body advances and we have a great relationship :)
It's to each their own...I have a friend that it seems like thats ALL their relationship is is sex and that's good for them--sometimes I'm even jealous of it if we hit a dry spell lol but then you have to wonder what kind of love or relationship would a couple have if all they did was sex or all they talked about was sex--wouldnt it get old, or sore lol!
I get the feeling you met this person perhaps online?
Best of luck to you! it sounds like you've got a lot in common ;) quite a catch!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had the best of both worlds pretty much. I think it's good when you have a relationship not based on sex, and can really talk about things, about sex just throws in a whole other type of intimacy that really cannot be replaced. I have been in long-distance relationships where there was a lot of talking, but there was also still a lot of sex talk involved.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
I think the bigger thing is what do you want at the time. My wife and I started in a LDR and waited a good amount of time before we engaged in sex. We didn't feel the need to talk about it when we where first together because we were still getting to know each other.

The mental and physical level of sex really has no replacement as it is another piece to a relationship.

draconis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.