Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were so happy when we got engaged, and are families were so excited. My Dad was over the top excited. We planned our wedding for 1 year. We wanted an elegant wedding with our close friends and family. My Dad and I looked forward to the day he would walk me down the aisle, we picked our father daughter song even. My mom was so excited, dress shopping and everything made her so happy. 4 months before our wedding we found out my Dad had brain cancer. He became more and more ill and was unable to make it. My mom was there although she had to leave right after the introductions. I only had four cousins there as far as my family. Our photographer ruined all the pictures of the family before they left, I have no pictures of my mom and me, or of us and our wedding party. The next morning I wake up and called to see how my Dad was, to find he had passed away at 7pm the day of our wedding. I look at the pictures we do have and I cry, and they are not happy tears. My question is, is it ok to do do-overs? and is it to much to ask vendors to negotiate thier rates? We spent a small fortune on our wedding. Thank you to any one who is taking thier time to read this, it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
While there is nothing wrong with doing your wedding over, the vendors most likely are not going to lower their rates because you already spent your money. They still have the same business costs, and need to make a living. I can't go into WalMart and ask for a discount because I already spent all my money.

As a photographer, I'm curious to know how your photographer ruined your wedding photographs and if you've attempted to get your money refunded or persue legal action. If not, why? It seems like this is something you should do.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am sooo sorry to hear about all of this and my heart goes out to you. It was a very blessed event and it saddens me that not only did you lose your dad..but your photographer didn't make good with your contract and ruined important memories.

Did you sign a contract with the photograher regarding the quality of the pictures?

Better yet..write that photographer off and relive your wedding day. Perhaps invite those important to you to a dish to pass in your backyard or someplace special while asking a good friend that's especially good at photography to take pics.

Or rather..ask friends to take pics...sometimes those are even better as candids.

In our wedding situation..we had a good friend of ours take pics..she ended up charging us..and in the end while looking at all the pics..my sister in law's pics were better than than the ones we paid for...:)

Good luck to you..God's blessings..and we hope all turns out well.

·
Administrator
44,529 Posts
If you want a do-over to replace the first I don't think it will work. You cannot get back what is gone.

What you can do is to make new memories. Perhaps have a big, formal 2nd anniversary party. Have everyone dress up, get a good photographer who guarentees their work.

Also have a post made of your favorite picture of your dad.. maybe even you in it and have that at the dinner .. in memory of him. Play the song the two of you picked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.