Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My H and I have been together 22+, married 20 1/2yrs. We are working through R from his numerous low-level infidelity with the last one being physical. The main reason behind all of it is his passive-aggressiveness towards me. It seems to be at the root of our issues but of course he doesn't totally agree with that. Although he knows he is/can be PA, he doesn't see it being relevant in our relationship.

We have seen a MC in the past, for about a year but haven't been for the past 7 months. I am making an appointment for next week to get some help with this. My H thinks that all we need is some sort of conflict resolution and everything will be fine.

I'm asking if anyone here has dealt with an PA spouse/partner and had it work out. After two decades my patience is wearing a bit thin.

Thank you,
bobbieb65

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why yes, how did you know? We have learned to keep communication open while fighting but we both slip back into old ways from time to time.

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
My H and I have been together 22+, married 20 1/2yrs. We are working through R from his numerous low-level infidelity with the last one being physical. The main reason behind all of it is his passive-aggressiveness towards me. It seems to be at the root of our issues but of course he doesn't totally agree with that. Although he knows he is/can be PA, he doesn't see it being relevant in our relationship.

We have seen a MC in the past, for about a year but haven't been for the past 7 months. I am making an appointment for next week to get some help with this. My H thinks that all we need is some sort of conflict resolution and everything will be fine.

I'm asking if anyone here has dealt with an PA spouse/partner and had it work out. After two decades my patience is wearing a bit thin.

Thank you,
bobbieb65
I doubt that I was really a success story although my situation appeared to work for a very long time. I've been married 45 years and am getting a divorce soon. Thirty years ago, my husband had an affair (and denied it). I had a small child and decided to make it work. At the time, I certainly felt I forgave him (and rug-swept a lot).

A few years ago, his affair partner contacted him again. I told him that I might not forgive him this time and recently I decided I hadn't. So I'm getting out.

But for 45 years I did try. Looking back? I'm not sure that reconciling was the best idea but perhaps I'm rewriting history because I'm leaving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.