Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided that I should probably FINALLY go and see the Boss (kind of a someone-I-should-see-before-I-die-or-he-retires situation). The problem is that the tickets are insanely expensive. Yes, a lot of established folks can obviously afford to pay the prices and some probably just go into debt to see him but I don't know if it is worth it. Has anyone here ever seen him and if so would you pay a couple of hundred for ONE ticket to see him? I could actually ask a friend of mine to get me in for free BUT I'm saving those favors for other bands. ;)

Oh, I'm currently on a fixed income but have a bit of savings so we are not destitute or anything. I just am questioning putting out that kind of money. I am going to see The Who again who can also be quite pricey but they actually aren't as expensive (about $75 less/ticket) and I know what I am getting into since I've seen them numerous times before. First world problems, eh?

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
I'm probably odd...I wouldn't pay a couple hundred dollars for tickets to see anyone. Hell, I don't think I ever paid more than $20 for tickets to see anyone. I don't go to many concerts though lol. But that much money...I can't see the benefits of the expense, personally... fixed income or not. But that's JMO.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I really enjoy concerts, and i don't know what happened to the days when I was young and $15 got a person into the big acts, but i wouldn't pay $200 regardless of who it was.

Reactions: Maricha75

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah - I definitely see all of your points with the expense. Granted, I LOVE concerts, music, etc. and have seen a lot of them but this does seem really high. These days there is hardly anyone carging less than $50 - $75/ticket but the price here is hard to swallow. Trenton - if he was actually doing a benefit I may be able to justify it to myself a little more.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Yeah - I definitely see all of your points with the expense. Granted, I LOVE concerts, music, etc. and have seen a lot of them but this does seem really high. These days there is hardly anyone carging less than $50 - $75/ticket but the price here is hard to swallow. Trenton - if he was actually doing a benefit I may be able to justify it to myself a little more.
I wasn't trying to talk you into it either way, just giving my opinion. If you've "got" the money and wouldn't miss it, and you really, really like him, and this feels like one of those "once in a lifetime" things to you, then consider that too. I hear he puts on a great show. I don't think anybody could put on $200 dollars worth for me, but that's just me. Personally, I've got electric bills and such that need the money more.

Reactions: Maricha75
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.