Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the BS, the days after DDay can be very stressful. Inability to eat, sleep, function. I lost 16 pounds in about 3 weeks after my wife and I separated and I learned of her PA - didn't eat properly, couldn't sleep - had to get a prescription for sleeping pills in order to get rested. Since then, have had IC, etc which has helped a lot. Also stepped up my exercise so that the one benefit (i.e. losing weight) could be maintained and augmented with better fitness. I always exercised - but have stepped it up about 2X.

I recently purchased a boxing/martial arts heavy bag for my basement, where I have my exercise room. It's great! I think this would work for both men and women - there is something very therapeutic about beating the crap out of a punching bag - it's a great stress reliever. Also - terrific cardio, good for arms and abs - also good for agility and footwork if you move around. Anyway - I highly recommend this if you have access to one at a gym or want to get one yourself (cost about the same as two IC sessions! Even cheaper on Craigslist) Important Tip - just make sure that you wrap your hands properly and use training gloves or boxing gloves - otherwise you can easily injure your hands/wrists. I use a full wrap on each hand and 12 oz gloves - and can punch at full force with no pain the next day. First couple of days I didn't wrap and could feel it in my hands afterwards. I still do other exercise (biking, weights) - but the heavy bag is my current favourite.

Anyway, I am now in better shape than I have been in a number of years - so at least something good has come out of this.

So make the most of the "betrayed spouse stress diet" - by using the weight loss as an excuse to get really fit.

·
Super Moderator
30,624 Posts
Believe it or not I was helped by my wife, after her affair and my subsequent revenge affair. I felt unable to go to any of the counsellors locally (they either had worked with her and one was related to her) so she actually gave me counselling, herself. She is a qualified psychologist.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.