Talk About Marriage banner

361 - 380 of 426 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,783 Posts
What channel? Title?

My guilty pleasure is watching Achtung Kontrolle on YouTube. Looking for better content and more than just the Tagesschau.
This is on Netflix and is called Criminal - Germany.

There's lots of German content out there, e.g. on MHz Choice. You can subscribe via Amazon or have an independent subscription. I actually love the Italian stuff that MHz offers.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
What channel? Title?

My guilty pleasure is watching Achtung Kontrolle on YouTube. Looking for better content and more than just the Tagesschau.
This is on Netflix and is called Criminal - Germany.

There's lots of German content out there, e.g. on MHz Choice. You can subscribe via Amazon or have an independent subscription. I actually love the Italian stuff that MHz offers.
Watched all the episodes. The first with David Tennant was excellent. The rest were......ok. The subtitles on the German one were so horrendous it was actually funny as hell!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Watched all the episodes. The first with David Tennant was excellent. The rest were......ok. The subtitles on the German one were so horrendous it was actually funny as hell!
Have you seen “Comrade Detective” (I think on Amazon), such good bad subtitles.
No, but it's on prime so I will watch tonight (After I watch the Green Bay game I recorded last night!)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Peaky Blinders season 5 is on Netflix tomorrow (Friday).

Just watched season 4 again, forgot how good the show is.

·
Premium Member
5,783 Posts
Just binge-watched season 5 of Peaky Blinders. In my opinion, it's the best show out there right now. I get a little tired of the music, but that's a very small thing.

I love the cast - Cillian Murphy and Helen McCrory are fantastic and I love Tom Hardy.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Just binge-watched season 5 of Peaky Blinders. In my opinion, it's the best show out there right now. I get a little tired of the music, but that's a very small thing.

I love the cast - Cillian Murphy and Helen McCrory are fantastic and I love Tom Hardy.
On episode 3 now. Will finish tonight.

Agree with the music, does not fit the 1929 era. To modern (Ozzy Osbourne, really?).

·
Premium Member
5,783 Posts
On episode 3 now. Will finish tonight.

Agree with the music, does not fit the 1929 era. To modern (Ozzy Osbourne, really?).
I think they're really trying to show how brash these people are & I get it. It just sometimes gets on my nerves.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Peaky Blinders season 5 is on Netflix tomorrow (Friday).

Just watched season 4 again, forgot how good the show is.
I watched it, but the last few seasons have been rather camp. All about the aesthetic (which is impressive) and posing rather than anything else.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Really enjoyed The Capture. Thought provoking in this day and age. They even gave a nod to Kellyanne Conway when the term 'alternative facts' was uttered in the finale.

·
Premium Member
5,783 Posts
@alte Dame thanks for the MHz tip. Der Tatortreiniger is hilarious, especially if you know people from Hamburg (my wife was born there).
I haven't watched that one. I find that I tend to pick shows in languages that I don't know. I think I enjoy learning a bit of a new language. That being said, the German ones are also good for me because I've studied/spoken German for so long and lived there for such a long time.

The British shows are among my favorites in general, as per this thread, although I'm very hooked on Scandinavian crime shows. (!)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
tubitv is decent. Free with Movies with very short commercials. Some of the movies are crap. Can’t say anything about the sitcoms.

Most of their movies are similar to 80’s as far as speed of action, and special effects.
I don’t feel drained, after watching are old original quality classics, like My Man Godfrey, Mr.Deeds Goes to town, etc.
The constant speed of scene transition, movement of most American action movies is exhausting to keep up with.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
Found a really good show on Prime, Unforgotten. Stars Nicola Walker of Last Tango in Halifax fame.

Only watched 2 episodes, has 3 seasons.

Just noticed Bryony Hannah stars, she was a regular on Call The Midwife.

361 - 380 of 426 Posts