Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longtime lurker - first time poster.

I'm 46, my wife is 39. Happily married for 14 years with 3 kids.

Our sexlife has been a rollercoaster but for past few years has been great. We are really connecting on a lot of levels.

When we were first dating I was a young idiot! I didn't know what I wanted and was seeing other women - with her knowledge. I had been married before and was enjoying the single life. But I knew I was in love with her - it just took me a while to figure it all out.

While we were dating she knew I loved bigger breasts on a woman and she was a small A cup. So she got breast implants to a C-D cup and as a self proclaimed expert - they are spectacular! lol. They really did a great job and really look good on her. I know she did it partly to get me to marry her.

So here we are 15 years later and she wants a tummy tuck - due to all the babies. She's 5ft and 105lbs and pretty fit but can't get rid of the pregnancy skin. She may or may not do this but does tell me that in the near future she will have to get her implants removed - and will NOT be replacing them.

Well I admit this is really bothering me. She looks so good with them that the thought of her being an A cup is selfishly depressing.

I know it's her body.
I know it's selfish of me.
I know I need to support her no matter what.
I know her first surgery was painful and apparantly getting them removed is even worse - but I'm like well while they are in there why not get new ones put in?

So this is something for me to NOT look forward to.

I hope that all makes sense. I'm just looking for feedback - all is welcome - I know it will help my through the thought process.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I know it's her body.
I know it's selfish of me.
I know I need to support her no matter what.
Well, that's the truth, and you already know that, so working on acceptance is your only option. :)

Implants don't last forever and do need to replaced at some point...I'm assuming this is why your wife will be doing this?

It's entirely her decision as to whether she wants foreign objects in her body or not. You have the right to your feelings, but she has the right to choose what's best for her body. If she's happy with herself, try and be happy with that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was actually kinda curious, I did not read why she was removing the implants, because of the age or because of the tummy tuck?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was a risk you took when you married her. You like big breasts and you married someone with an A cup. Then you ASSUMED she'd keep the fake boobs forever.

Personally I'm wondering why she wants them removed?
Not technically true - I married someone with a D Cup that had previously been an A Cup.

Naive of me not to recognize they wouldn't last forever but I just assumed if you have to have surgery to remove them why wouldn't you just get new ones put in.

She's under the impression they only last so long before you have to get them reomved due to age.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Not technically true - I married someone with a D Cup that had previously been an A Cup.

Naive of me not to recognize they wouldn't last forever but I just assumed if you have to have surgery to remove them why wouldn't you just get new ones put in.

She's under the impression they only last so long before you have to get them reomved due to age.
But you knew she did it to catch you.

I've heard one reason they need to be replaced is because when you age your real boobs droop but the implants stay where they are. Have a friend whose mom is in her 60's and she never had them replaced so it now looks like she has 4 boobs - 2 up nice and high and the real ones down low.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Dude I'm a nurse. It might not be a bad thing that she removes them eventually. I've had a few female patients who had breast implants. They might look good when they're younger but when they start hitting their 70s and 80s (maybe 60s too idk) and they still have those implants? Eventually it will just look really ****ed up.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
A lot of women experience issues - scar tissue can build up and tighten and change their shape over time, the pouches can degrade and start leaking, a woman's body shape can change thus causing the implants to look weird or not fit properly.

If she isn't having issues with them, they are probably ok and don't need to be removed, but only a doctor can make that call.

Now, if she's sick of having a D cup on such a small frame, that's a different issue. Maybe that's her reason for wanting them taken out and not replaced but she doesn't want to say so to you.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
news flash...you can't just 'take them out'...and that's that...you can keep implants in till you die...however every 8 to 10 years you should have them replaced due to bag degradation. Either wait till the bags change or just change them out..

...but 'nope'...you see you need to have enough breast tissue to reconstruct 'a breast'...a voluptuous breast...her skin has been stretched thin...and tissue dissipates...changes with age...she will have a 'skin sag'...with nipples pointed to the ground...there will be no 'breast'...nothing to grab...no 'roundness' if you will... at all... imagine a balloon...then the air taken out....what do you have left? That will be her chest...you just can't go from implants to none in 'most cases'....you 'must have' pliable breast tissue for the doc to work with...to create a breast... 'if she does' she will have more scaring for sure..and they will be a helluva lot less 'supple'...'if' a breast can be created at all...without an implant.
If she wants to go smaller...she can...doc would put smaller in and cut excess skin around it...and might have to move the nipples/aureolas...perhaps add a lift...more scaring/more money...
it's not as ez as she may think...which she will find out..
I've had implants for over 22 years...started under the muscle...a year ago they had to reconstruct everything and go over the muscle...and do a lift...it was horrible...and cost me over 14 grand...I look great...but it was a process from hell... painful...

taking them out...may not be as easy as she thinks...,not if she wants to still look good nakid. trust me on this...and a good surgeon will be making that perfectly clear

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But you knew she did it to catch you.
I know - so a part of me feels like it's a little bait and switch. She cared enough back then - why not now?

I've heard one reason they need to be replaced is because when you age your real boobs droop but the implants stay where they are. Have a friend whose mom is in her 60's and she never had them replaced so it now looks like she has 4 boobs - 2 up nice and high and the real ones down low.
Well that's not anywhere close to how she looks. And she's only 39. I guess part of it for her is that if she gets them replaced within next few years then she'll have to get the replaced/removed again when she's in her 50's-60's.

I get that and understand that but.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
news flash...you can't just 'take them out'...and that's that...you can keep implants in till you die...however every 8 to 10 years you should have them replaced due to bag degradation. Either wait till the bags change or just change them out..

...but 'nope'...you see you need to have enough breast tissue to reconstruct 'a breast'...a voluptuous breast...her skin has been stretched thin...and tissue dissipates...changes with age...she will have a 'skin sag'...with nipples pointed to the ground...there will be no 'breast'...nothing to grab...no 'roundness' if you will... at all... imagine a balloon...then the air taken out....what do you have left? That will be her chest...you just can't go from implants to none in 'most cases'....you 'must have' pliable breast tissue for the doc to work with...to create a breast... 'if she does' she will have more scaring for sure..and they will be a helluva lot less 'supple'...'if' a breast can be created at all...without an implant.
If she wants to go smaller...she can...doc would put smaller in and cut excess skin around it...and might have to move the nipples/aureolas...perhaps add a lift...more scaring/more money...
it's not as ez as she may think...which she will find out..
I've had implants for over 22 years...started under the muscle...a year ago they had to reconstruct everything and go over the muscle...and do a lift...it was horrible...and cost me over 14 grand...I look great...but it was a process from hell... painful...

taking them out...may not be as easy as she thinks...,not if she wants to still look good nakid. trust me on this...and a good surgeon will be making that perfectly clear
Sorry to hear what you had to go through. I really appreciate your comments though - see I hadn't even thought about this aspect of it. Now how do I bring this up to her?!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Dude I'm a nurse. It might not be a bad thing that she removes them eventually. I've had a few female patients who had breast implants. They might look good when they're younger but when they start hitting their 70s and 80s (maybe 60s too idk) and they still have those implants? Eventually it will just look really ****ed up.
breast implants...need maintenance as you age...if you need to tweak them...you tweak them...lmao! Ya can't just pop them in and think in 10 15 years your going to still have them the same nice titties...ha! In some cases maybe...lucky girls... but things shift...weight fluctuates and things can go south...haha...

having breast implants is a life time responsibility...you need to maintain their appearance for them to be of any use... haha!
..and of course to remain healthy... :)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sorry to hear what you had to go through. I really appreciate your comments though - see I hadn't even thought about this aspect of it. Now how do I bring this up to her?!
it sucked...'things changed' for me...but I dealt with it.
and 'taking them out' wasn't an option...I had to go full boar with another plan...

worth it though...I'm broke...but hey...I would rather look like (eve) as in Adam and Eve...than not 'look right'...for my own self confidence. After all I got myself into this...20 some years ago..ha!

but yea...you may be stressing over nothing...she will be in a world of surprise...again a 'good surgeon' will tell you...he can take them out...of course...but...she may not have...'a breast'....

could be lookin like a basset hound ear (flat and long)...with a nipple hangin at the end of it.... i've seen it! just like that to... 'not ok'.... :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
...just explain to her what you've learned...go with her to the docs visit...ask questions...'is there enough supple breast tissue to create 'a breast' without an implant?'

maybe google pics of implants taken out on the net....see what you come up with ... brace yourself....

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Be supportive of her choice and make it clear that it IS her choice and you love her no matter what but that you are worried, it IS major surgery and you'd like to attend her consultation. Then ask the doctor any questions she misses. Always emphasize her health and her safety and how SHE will feel about the results.

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
Go to the cosmetic surgeon with her so you can ask the kinds of questions that shed light on your concerns.

AFTER that appointment, I really think you should be honest and tell her you can't help but be worried about missing her large breasts since that is something you have always been attracted to in women. Reassure her of your love for her and support whatever decision she makes so long as you know you have been heard.

Shocking how the men haven't jumped into this thread to insinuate your wife is having an affair with a man who likes small breasts.;)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Being an A cup I highly doubt she did them just to marry you. She did this to boost her own self esteem. She has remained confident even with the thought of going back to an A cup and that is something to be proud of.

What would happen if she were in a freak accident that drastically changed her appearance? Would you still feel the same about her then? For better or for worse???

Yes, you are currently being selfish and quite shallow. Love your wife for who she is. You loved her enough to bring children into this world and there is so much more to her then just her looks.

It is your job to support her and her decisions. I just watched a show where implants have contaminated the woman's body. It was quite disturbing as the silicone(or other material used) turned black and molded making these women very sick.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.