Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just sits doing her crossword with telly on, I hate telly, many times I just go into other room. Apart from this we dont seem to get on now, I know a few reasons for this, one is she backs up the kids all the time, 17 and 18 years old, anything I say about them (and which isn't anything wrong) just normal parenting, like, lock the door after you go out or something, my wife will defend them and say they always lock the door even if they dont. Whatever I say doesn't seem to count....
For instance when they used to come home from school I used to say to them not to go around to grandmas before tea because they always did this and hate there, an hour later they would come home for tea throwing half of there tea away. My wife thought this was silly, to me it was just common sense, I wanted the kids to eat with us and not to throw food away....I could go on and on about similar things but with this defensive attitude I feels though its all the kids and I dont count, whatever i say she overrides. As siad i dont feel as though i count anymore, I've talked to her about things but to no avail. As regards my relationship with her, it was never fantastic love or anything like that, we sort of love each other in our own ways although now I'm getting totally disinterested in her as time goes by and a barrier is forming now and fells though i want to leave but the heartach it must cause...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ask her if she thinks there is a problem, you two sound like two old 80 year olds. Tell her you both are too young to sit around like and old lump of coal. Plan something together, get her away from that telly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.