Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed that my wife is more fun sexually after drinking a few shots of tequila. Is there a consensus on if my encouraging this healthy for our relationship or is it normal for most women to loosen up like this?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sometimes I think my wife has internalized, in a Freudian sense, all the worst parts of the Catholic Church. She has a hard time enjoying herself, but a few drinks make it a lot easier.

I’d say go for it unless you’re encouraging her to become an alcoholic.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
SO and I like a drink or 2 in the evening, too many though and it has the opposite effect on having sex.
I can't see a problem with having a drink to loosen up, sometimes it is more about relaxing from the day and forgetting the other stuff that is swirling around in your head.
I have been know to txt him in the afternoon with a "want to get drunk tonight and have wild meaningless sex?" It is fun, we can get a bit crazy after a few.

We do however have plenty of sex when no drinks have been had and it is always wonderful.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
So I've noticed that my wife is more fun sexually after drinking a few shots of tequila. Is there a consensus on if my encouraging this healthy for our relationship or is it normal for most women to loosen up like this?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think it is ok as long as you are the only man who knows this.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Sometimes I think my wife has internalized, in a Freudian sense, all the worst parts of the Catholic Church. She has a hard time enjoying herself, but a few drinks make it a lot easier.

I’d say go for it unless you’re encouraging her to become an alcoholic.
I never learned my Latin .....

Mea Culpa.

I have been a recovering Catholic all my life.

Most of the Catholics I grew up with / around did their share of drinking.
I also maintained an affintiy for women dressed in plaid. Go figure.

·
Banned
387 Posts
Sure, turn her into a drunk and destroy her liver and possibly cause numerous other health issues including cancer, because it makes sex more fun for you.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Sure, turn her into a drunk and destroy her liver and possibly cause numerous other health issues including cancer, because it makes sex more fun for you.
The woman has a brain. She would be perfectly responsible for what she puts in her body so unless he is literally forcing alcohol down her throat he isnt turning her into anything.

OP my spouse and I enjoy a few drinks every now and then to loosen up. Its similar to what holland posted.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
The woman has a brain. She would be perfectly responsible for what she puts in her body so unless he is literally forcing alcohol down her throat he isn't turning her into anything.
Unless she's a people pleaser then she will do whatever he wants to make him happy even if that means putting her own health at risk.

For the record I'm not against drinking in moderation. I can't because it's a depressant and I don't need any help with that. LOL Too much alcohol also ages you and I'm vain. I'd rather drink water. However I'm fun without the booze so we're good. :)

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Unless she's a people pleaser then she will do whatever he wants to make him happy even if that means putting her own health at risk.

For the record I'm not against drinking in moderation. I can't because it's a depressant and I don't need any help with that. LOL Too much alcohol also ages you and I'm vain. I'd rather drink water. However I'm fun without the booze so we're good. :)
Even people pleasers are responsible for themselves. I do agree moderation is best lol. I enjoy a drink though because I still get ridiculously shy from time to time or am really uptight. But in all seriousness I hardly think the OP intends to get his wife drunk every night just to please him.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
I think it is ok as long as you are the only man who knows this.
LOL yeah sure. Doesn't everyone know alcohol lowers inhibition? I really am not trying to be snarky. I just can't help myself here. Actually, this is the serious part of my post.

Wait! Did you say boobs? or booze? LOL Yes, boobs do tend to loosen me up a little. LOL

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
Sometimes I think my wife has internalized, in a Freudian sense, all the worst parts of the Catholic Church. She has a hard time enjoying herself.
Life long Catholic here, so is my wife. She must have missed those parts. She's still a freak even in her 50s. :smthumbup:

Reactions: Gaia

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
When we were young having a couple drinks did help you let your inhibitions down etc.

Eventually, we found that drinking really detracts from good sex.. once you have finally gotten comfortable with your bodies and each other and are far beyond inhibitions and hagups and all that.

Big difference between 20 and 50. You will figure it out. I'd advise against leaning too much on the crutch of booze - your sex will be much better once you learn to do without. 'warming up' is one thing, pharmacological assistance is quite another.

yep..another former catholic here. Wife is one of those other fare-thee-well pseudo protestant religions. ;) We are mixed..probably the biggest challenge (I) have as a couple. I may have to start a thread on that.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Even people pleasers are responsible for themselves.
I agree....to a point. My husband is a people pleaser and would do anything for me. Even though yes he is responsible for himself that still doesn't give me the right to use this quality against him. That would make me a user.

But you're right I doubt the OP is planning on getting her drunk every night but I do cringe at the thought of a few shots of tequila. To me that's a lot of booze but I am small and a light weight so I shouldn't judge others. One shot would make me pass out. I'm a woman who gets giddy after ONE lame glass of wine. LOL

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Big difference between 20 and 50. You will figure it out. I'd advise against leaning too much on the crutch of booze
AMEN!! Almost 47 here and I know exactly what you mean. Booze isn't near as much fun now as it was when I was 20 or even 30. In fact it makes me feel WORSE and then sex isn't fun at all.

So he could take the stance of enjoy it while he can because it won't last.

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Life long Catholic here, so is my wife. She must have missed those parts. She's still a freak even in her 50s. :smthumbup:
I agree with this. I grew up Roman Catholic, but what you don't know is my dad was studying to be a priest. I think that had a whole bunch to do with how they raised me. I also think they wanted one of us boys to become a priest and that is why they did not tell me about sex. I can't prove it now because my dad has passe on...mum is close.

What I can say is, I can remember one of my older brothers telling me they pushed him toward becoming a priest. I can say that at around twelve years old, mum and dad took me to a seminary for Capuchin monks. I believe I had not yet reached puberty so the age I refer to may be wrong. If I didn't, I was close. I am certain of that.

My first wife was raised Roman Catholic. Her parents were no where near as strict. She was into many things which are not stereotypically expected. I may have made up my own word there. I hope you understand.

It is our upbringing, in my opinion, not our religion which affects us most. I looked for confirmation from my parents and whatever they believed is what I believed or considered to be worthy of great contemplation. These things can be changed. I must change my core beliefs, though. That is quite difficult unless I can prove that the things that are true, are actually not true. How do I do that? I don't know. I'm trying. I've been trying all my life.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Im not saying people pleasers should be used either and I agree with you on this matter. Of course a few shots of tequilla arent enough to make me personally pass out but they are enough to get me tipsy. Then again everyones idea of a shot varies.... Or so I learned... Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I guess it would help to know OP's age and his wifes.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow some strong opinions. Thanks. She doesn't get drunk necessarily so i don't think drinking in moderation a night or two per week is going to do too much damage. And i never force her to do anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Wow some strong opinions. Thanks. She doesn't get drunk necessarily so i don't think drinking in moderation a night or two per week is going to do too much damage. And i never force her to do anything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ummm, "a few shots of tequila" two nights per week isn't drinking in moderation. It's binge drinking. One drink each evening would be moderate drinking.

And please be very careful about the degree to which you impress on her that you prefer her when she's drunk. You don't want to send the message that she needs to be drunk in order to be desired, or that her real (sober) self isn't enough for you. My husband pushed a bit of that from time to time in our marriage. Trust me, nothing down that road but crappy self-esteem for her and a bad sex life and marriage for the both of you.

Reactions: Mavash.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And please be very careful about the degree to which you impress on her that you prefer her when she's drunk. You don't want to send the message that she needs to be drunk in order to be desired, or that her real (sober) self isn't enough for you. My husband pushed a bit of that from time to time in our marriage. Trust me, nothing down that road but crappy self-esteem for her and a bad sex life and marriage for the both of you.
Great point. I didn't say that it wasn't enjoyable without the loosening up. I certainly is.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.