Talk About Marriage banner
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

· Premium Member
7,047 Posts
She is promoting it, not just showing her happy life. I've seen a TikTok she did after being on the Dr Phil show. She said she "schooled him" and he was wrong about it being unhealthy to be obese. She also said the doctor that was on the show was siting "fringe" research that showed being obese was unhealthy. That is nonsense. In my view she is promoting and spreading disinformation.
I don't follow her on TikTok or care enough to follow her. All I know is what she said on the clip posted on this thread.

There are plenty of influencers promoting nonsense and spreading disinformation, she's not unique.

People who don't like what she's saying should join the anti-body positivity movement and make an attempt to cancel her. There are plenty of those groups around. The more popular ones are specifically targeting overweight women (red pill groups).

· Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I don't follow her on TikTok or care enough to follow her. All I know is what she said on the clip posted on this thread.

There are plenty of influencers promoting nonsense and spreading disinformation, she's not unique.

People who don't like what she's saying should join the anti-body positivity movement and make an attempt to cancel her. There are plenty of those groups around. The more popular ones are specifically targeting overweight women (red pill groups).
I do wonder why people even need to go on social media for this anyway, validation? I look in the mirror and decide if I'm happy or not too lol

Only my opinion ultimately matters on what I want myself to look like

· Super Moderator
11,745 Posts
One lady in my gym I saw her at an event in September and I have been out until last week. She probably lost 20 pounds (across the holiday). In my opinion she looked better before the weight loss but for her to change that much in a short time she’s running 3500 cal/week defecit or so, for someone already not big. That’s a serious amount of effort.

So I appreciate the hustle to do it because that’s not easy at all, but with women it’s very touchy.

If she was a guy I’d be like, “What happened, you shrank away to nothing?” Then make jokes about a stiff breeze blowing him down the street.

Instead I keep my dumb trap shut.
I have a gf who had gotten very thin when she was seeing her ex because she was always chasing him around and stressing over him.

She ended up marrying another guy and 10 years later is carrying an extra 20 lbs. She complains about it bit I think she looks a lot younger with the extra weight. She's 57 and looks really good.

· Premium Member
11,285 Posts
I have a gf who had gotten very thin when she was seeing her ex because she was always chasing him around and stressing over him.

She ended up marrying another guy and 10 years later is carrying an extra 20 lbs. She complains about it bit I think she looks a lot younger with the extra weight. She's 57 and looks really good.
Agree 100%

Maybe more on the topic of this thread I was walking with my wife last night and we walked past a restaurant and a couple girls were eating “dinner” which was miso soup and they had a California roll in the middle of the table between them (in other words a small snack).

I remarked to her they’re at the age where they start starving themselves and my wife thought about it for a second and agreed, then lamented that girls are starving themselves at that age.

· Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Agree 100%

Maybe more on the topic of this thread I was walking with my wife last night and we walked past a restaurant and a couple girls were eating “dinner” which was miso soup and they had a California roll in the middle of the table between them (in other words a small snack).

I remarked to her they’re at the age where they start starving themselves and my wife thought about it for a second and agreed, then lamented that girls are starving themselves at that age.
You only saw the two courses. Every time my ex tried to diet she just crammed me with all the normal food and then had all the desserts to herself 🍨🤦‍♂️

· Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Neither extremes are healthy for the majority of people. The reason that I don’t see many obese people my age out in the world is because circumstances caught up with them. Many that I knew in high school and college are already gone — that started when we were in our 50’s and has increased each decade since. Genetics does play its part but so does lifestyle. Time is the great leveler of excess.

· Registered
4,137 Posts
How do you know she's not? Are you her physician? Do you know her medical history? You're basing your opinion on what she looks like and not actual science.
The thing is, it is actual science. Well statistical probability based on years and years of medical observation and understanding of hoe excess body fat and weight affects the body. I said in an earlier post, a heavy drinker and smoker of normal weight has the basically same life expectancy as an obese person who never smokes or drinks. So the fallacy of obese and healthy may be true for a bit but overtime the damage adds up and results in 10 fewer years of life.

Now at the same time if you chose being obese and happy but dying 10 years early instead of obsessed and struggling with self esteem for decades and living longer I have no problem with someone making that choice intentionally. What I don't like is selling the idea that reality isn't reality. If you watch that video again and watch the girl when the female doctor basically suggest fat and healthy isn't a thing, you can tell she really believed it was a thing.

Now I say all that fully understanding, what I have done to my body in my life, some of the damage has to be irreparable.

· Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Some people get away with bad lifestyle choices and still live a long, and active, life with few problems. For most, though, there are consequences. And you don’t usually know which category you’re in until it’s too late.

· Registered
683 Posts
People can be just as sick, and die from illnesses like bulimia, too. I don't think we should be shaming anyone, based on their size. Overweight, underweight, "just right" according to whom?

· Super Moderator
13,966 Posts
People can be just as sick, and die from illnesses like bulimia, too. I don't think we should be shaming anyone, based on their size. Overweight, underweight, "just right" according to whom?
According to medical professionals.

Shaming? No.

Celebrating? No.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

· Banned
14 Posts
PI don't think we should be shaming anyone, based on their size. Overweight...
Sorry, but I'm going to 100% disgree with you on this. Bullemia is a mental illness, morbid obesity is NOT. As an RN, it's a FACT that there is absolutely NO such thing as "fat and healthy," none whatsoever. It eventually catches up to you. I'd say about 50% of the patients I see daily in the ER are Obese and in the ER for an issue relating to their obesity and life choices - CHF, Diabetes II, etc... It's not just that they're there for illnesses relating to their choices and body habitus, it's that they require almost total care - they can barely walk, they can't push themselves up in the bed, they can't clean themselves out after toileting, etc... I've had coworkers who needed to go home injured because they hurt their back taking care of an obese person. I've seen other RNs let obese patients fall because the RN (rightly) refuses to allow themselves to be hurt because of someone else's life choice. At the end of the day, no matter how healthy a young obese person thinks they are - they will not be that way the rest of their life, it will catch up to them and that's a fact. Period.

121 - 140 of 143 Posts