Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know those days where you're just "off". Like you're a day off. You think it's Thursday, but it's actually Wednesday. Blonde day! :rolleyes: You just totally forget the simplest things. :slap:

Then there's what I call "Bald Days"; I'm having one of those today. That is a day where you just feel like pulling your hair out. :eek: It's going to be a warm day here and my daughter, who (bless her little heart) just got a new long sleeve outfit from Grandma. Well, she wanted to wear it today. Since she's going on a field trip to a farm and will be playing outside most of the day, I knew a short sleeve shirt would be better so that she wouldn't get hot. Well, WW III broke out ............all before I left for work. She was crying to the point of hyperventilating. :mad: Reluctently she went upstairs and changed..................into a sleeveless shirt. It's 55 degrees this morning!!! Oh well, I wasn't going to argue with it because it will get well into the 80s today. But she was still in cry/hyperventilate mode coming downstairs in outfit #2. Granted, I'm about to run late for work, so I had to get Hubs to try and calm her down. Meanwhile, I'm feeling of pulling my hair out and trying to scramble out the door.........feeling awful for leaving her in that condition..........knowing what it takes to console her. :(

So, I get a mile down the road and look in my backseat to make sure she has her shirt for the field trip (it's an after school / track out program and they MUST have this shirt for their field trips). Lo and behold, there it was. :mad: Had to turn around and go back home to give Hubs the shirt, call the boss and explain why I'll be late, and get back on the road. This probably will seem petty to some of you, but as a Mom it's hard to leave the house with a child in distress. This is my "Bald Day". :p

What makes you blonde or bald on certain days? :rofl:

You guys that shave your head...........no [email protected] comments! :p

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I need my routines, else every day can become a blond day. We're moving beginning next week, but for now I have to deal with a home that can be showed on short notice to a potential seller. I now have keep my security badge and laptop locked in a secure place when I'm not working, and my wallet stays in the closet. It's messin' with my routine big time. Usually, the badge is in the same desk drawer with everything else that goes in my pockets. Made the twenty minute commute to work one day last week and realized that my badge was still locked away at home. Couldn't remember my passphrase to give to security because it was stored on a program on my smartphone, which was also at home. Found out that the old rumor that two people could go through the outer revolving gates together was just that - a rumor - so of course, it locked me in the steel turnstile with my front side pressed up against one of my employees, who now no longer considers me a decent boss. The guard said really mean things, too. Did I mention that the employee is a Lt. Colonel in the reserves? That guy takes things way too seriously.

·
Banned
0 Posts
What all of you may no know, I have an attention span of a racing greyhound which makes me forget dates, anniversaries, faces and things.
What is inconvenient about this "trait" of character is that you never get used to it. You never get used to not finding your keys, or spending tens of minutes searching for the phone that you actually left at the café while you're getting late to a meeting.
Anytime this happens, it's like it was your first.

So one day, I got up really joyful. Sun shining, birds chanting and all that and I went to sip my coffee in front of the computer. My ex wife who was my girlfriend at the time was online and first reaction was: WTF You're doing here.
I was sipping coffee, scratching my junior and enjoying life while I was one hour late to like on of the biggest events of my life. An exam to enter a great design school in Tunisia.
And get that, I didn't mistake the day, I actually mistake the month.
It was June 4th, and I thought I was still in May. Few days ago, I remebered well that it was May 28th, and kept that in mind. My brain must have gone: F*** it, dude. Your admission exam is still one month away. Today must be May 33rd or something.

So I got to the exam, like two hours late (couldn't find my socks) and fortunately, since I live in third world country, the whole exam started over an hour late. So I managed to pawn it.

Now I worked on that. With exercices and priority training and stuff. But It was tough.
When I was young, I went to take health tests. I peed in a cup. Put the cup in a little bag given to me, put the little bag in my backpack and went home.

My blonde moments are always followed by bald moments.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
My worst blonde day was locking my keys in a running car. Our mail box is located on a rural road. I was absorbed in thoughts of the difficult day that I had, and I when I got out to get the mail, I absent-mindedly locked my car door manually. I retrieved the mail, and then with a look of absolute horror, I realized what I had done. My cell phone was sitting on the passenger seat, mocking me.

With the car engine running, I walked over to our elderly neighbor's house to call our son to come and get me. Our neighbor lectured me for 5 minutes about always being prepared for emergency situations. At least I did get to know his wife better.

An hour later, our son came to rescue me. Luckily he has a copy of our car keys, as we have one of his. Does it get any blonder than that?

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My worst blonde day was locking my keys in a running car. Our mail box is located on a rural road. I was absorbed in thoughts of the difficult day that I had, and I when I got out to get the mail, I absent-mindedly locked my car door manually. I retrieved the mail, and then with a look of absolute horror, I realized what I had done. My cell phone was sitting on the passenger seat, mocking me.

With the car engine running, I walked over to our elderly neighbor's house to call our son to come and get me. Our neighbor lectured me for 5 minutes about always being prepared for emergency situations. At least I did get to know his wife better.

An hour later, our son came to rescue me. Luckily he has a copy of our car keys, as we have one of his. Does it get any blonder than that?
It might! :eek:

One day, I was home alone and I had just put on a pot of water to make tea...........or something. :scratchhead: At any rate, the burner was on high. And I had to go outside for something. Anyway, when I tried to come back in the house, the door was locked! :eek: Hubs was at work, but thank GOD the neighbor was home. I remembered that our bathroom window was unlocked, so the neighbor grabbed a ladder and I had to climb up, open the window and crawl in. :eek: When I got to the stove, almost all the water had evapoated out of the pot. At that point, I put a spare door key hidden outside! We still have to use it from time to time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
It might! :eek:

One day, I was home alone and I had just put on a pot of water to make tea...........or something. :scratchhead: At any rate, the burner was on high. And I had to go outside for something. Anyway, when I tried to come back in the house, the door was locked! :eek: Hubs was at work, but thank GOD the neighbor was home. I remembered that our bathroom window was unlocked, so the neighbor grabbed a ladder and I had to climb up, open the window and crawl in. :eek: When I got to the stove, almost all the water had evapoated out of the pot. At that point, I put a spare door key hidden outside! We still have to use it from time to time. :rolleyes:
I put in new locks when we bought our home, using type of Schlage lock that allows you to turn the knob when locked, and leave. Can't tell you how many times I've locked myself out, thanks to this purchase. Finally bought a small, outside safe with a combination lock that can be anchored to an outside wall, just to hold a key. It gets used all the time.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put in new locks when we bought our home, using type of Schlage lock that allows you to turn the knob when locked, and leave. Can't tell you how many times I've locked myself out, thanks to this purchase. Finally bought a small, outside safe with a combination lock that can be anchored to an outside wall, just to hold a key. It gets used all the time.
:lol: That's the kind of knob we have, too! Hate it! :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.