Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I hate that it is so close to Xmas and gets over shadowed every year. We have been together for 3 years and I usually buy something with his stepson's and my d but I completely forgot two weeks ago when we had two wrestling tournaments to go to that it would be the last time we were all together before his bday. So I hit him a 100 ft extension cord because our landlord stole ours awhile back and he keeps talking about it.
That's all I have! I have been so incredibly stressed and sick and down, I feel like a total female cad.
My d has brownies tonight and we are going out to eat while she is there.
He does so much for us, I just feel like he deserves so much more and I want to express my love.
I just don't know what to do, I've been puking and in the bathroom for three days so didn't have time to get anything else.
I barely had energy to wrap the kids' presents last night.
What can I do? Creative suggestions welcome!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
620 Posts
home depot gift card and a sincere card expressing your feelings & situation.

I think he will be very thankful. I would not want my wife stressing over my gift.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
There are a few things here.

1. We need to know what your husband likes to do for fun and or puttering around the house.

2. Are you too very "sexual". Wrap a thong and a stick of chapstick. Make sure he opens it in a way that's safe. And give him wink. I think you get what a thong with chapstick would be used for ;)

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes we are very sexual, I'm not sure what I'm up for tonight which is sad because he is leaving for the weekend tomorrow.
He likes to fix things, he likes movies and gadgets, like to work on the yard and build things.
I'm probably going to get a gift card and a nice card.
Thanks everyone, it just feels like I let him down...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yes we are very sexual, I'm not sure what I'm up for tonight which is sad because he is leaving for the weekend tomorrow.
He likes to fix things, he likes movies and gadgets, like to work on the yard and build things.
I'm probably going to get a gift card and a nice card.
Thanks everyone, it just feels like I let him down...
Posted via Mobile Device
Movies & Gadgets? Do you have any wall in the house that needs a big-screen? Value/impact of large TVs is moving into good area now.

Does he spend a lot of time on PC? What is his work area like? I've hung a 39 inch TV on the wall by my desk to serve as monitor. You can get a useful 32" on Amazon for $200 to $250. Make sure it has a "VGA input." Most do, but double-check the specs.

Order it on Amazon and then print a picture of it and give it to him as a card. Best of luck!

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We don't have the money for something that big right now. I just got him a flat screen for father's day this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
785 Posts
If looking for quick and cheap, have you tried "Love Coupons"

Can be as tame or saucy as your inclination. (ie. redeemable for an afternoon on your own.... all the way to.... redeemable for steak and BJ night)

Google "Love coupons" and you'll have plenty of options.

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I got the flat screen he said to see DVDs as HD you would need some kind of converter? I can't remember. Anyone know? We just have a regular DVD player.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I got the flat screen he said to see DVDs as HD you would need some kind of converter? I can't remember. Anyone know? We just have a regular DVD player. I should add we watch Netflix a lot, and record a lot of shows on the DVR. I've been googling accessories and it's like reading a different language.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
785 Posts
When I got the flat screen he said to see DVDs as HD you would need some kind of converter? I can't remember. Anyone know? We just have a regular DVD player.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think you're looking for a "Blu-Ray player." Depending on the model you get, you might be able to find one for about $50.

As a gadget guy, does he have any old PCs laying around that could hook up to the big-screen? If so, maybe get him a Netflix subscription that can run on the PC. (Assuming you have wireless Internet in the house) About $8 a month forNetflix. And typically you can find first-month free deal online. Also, some dedicated "streaming players" that can do this as well. But may be out of your price range.

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We've always been DVD people. I don't know a lot about this stuff. Maybe I'll get it and save the receipt. Lol.
Seriously we both had iPhones and when he got his HTC I was very unnerved. Lol. I like to stick with what I know but this could he really cool! Thanks guys you rock.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok a blue ray with built in wifi, does that mean it can connect to the Internet? sorry I'm clueless.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yes, If you have wireless Internet in your home, you will be able to connect to via Blu-Ray WiFi.

If you already have Netflix from other devices, the BluRay Wi-fi is somewhat superfluous. You can get some added content related to DVDs that you are watching, but it's very marginal content typically. You can watch Blu-Ray discs the same with or without the WiFi.

That said, if you can do Netflix from the Blu-Ray player, that may help streamline the number of devices you have hooked to the TV. That could be nice.

In short, don't pay xtra for the wifi. But it you have it, it could be slightly xtra nifty.

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok I'm getting it. I've been threatening the kids with selling the wii if they don't start using it more and this gives me more ammo!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
785 Posts
If you're doing Netlix from Wii, you will find it much easier to use from a Blu Ray Wifi. Also, picture quality for Netflix will be better because Wii doesn't do HD.

Best of luck. If you go this direction, my hunch is that hubby will be thrilled. (But you may just want to throw in an unsolicited BJ in there - when you're feeling better - just to seal the deal!:smthumbup:)

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He really liked it! We watched Total Recall and the picture was great.
I feel bad because my stomach is still off and I am
just so tired. Usually I'm the one who wants it. And we won't see each other until
Sunday now.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.