Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a birthday and was wondering what do most guys expect from their wives on this day. We did have a small get together for cake and ice cream the day before with family. I did not even get a card from her or even her telling me a "Happy Birthday!" until i got home. A little disappointed but not really suprised.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Everyone should get something nice in the birthday! I don't mean a grand gesture, a card, a kiss and some attention maybe?
I don't think your being sensitive. Your wife is being mean!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For her birthday she got a card and a simple gift from me.I also got a gift for her that our little boy could give her. The night before I took her to a nice Japanese restaurant.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
At least she remembered and the fact is that you did have an acknowledgement the night before

I too would be more worried about your sex life

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
I'd be sad too. I like to make a big fuss of my husband on his birthday with breakfast in bed, presents and cards from our daughters and then his favourite meal and presents from me that night. Sex, obviously.

Sometimes we celebrate his birthday on the weekend nearest the day, although if we do that then I still try to make the actual day special too.

Sounds like you've got a few problems going on. It's makes it worse around birthdays I think.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
A persons BD is the most important day of the year IMHO. Even when my marriage was coming to an end I still made a fuss for ex's BD. It is the day you celebrate life, it should be a happy day.

I'm sorry your life is not so happy.

·
Registered
17,074 Posts
I expect to get one day closer to a dirt nap. You will get older whether you celebrate or not. Frustration is expecting "A" but getting "B". I just expect "B" and bypass the frustration.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I suppose I didn't think it was a big deal because I don't get anything from my wife for my birthday either. I think that our if our wives got us stuff for our birthdays it would show us that they're still in love with us. Therefore if they don't give a rat's a$$ on our birthdays... it could be that they are trying to tell us our marriages are broken.
So if you have marriage problems to where your wife isn't really in love with you that much.. .then this shouldn't be a surprise right? This should just be writing on the wall that you need to fix your marriage. Pm me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.